Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Comic Physique?

Go down 
+15
Boosterman
Flora V. Arbor
Redline
Patriot
Chivalry
Teiden
Sleepless
Anonyman
Urban Avenger
!
Champion
thanatos
E0N (Inactive)
Dark Guardian
Rook2
19 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Rook2

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:15 am

I just got to wondering...does anybody in the community so far have a physique like a comic superhero? I don't mean this in a shallow way, or to be divisive. I know physical appearance isn't as important as the will to do good. But I'm just really curious...is anyone here solidly muscular and athletic, as per the comic book hero ideal?
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:54 am

Nope. Need cardio and got the belly to prove it. I get buttloads of isometric though and am very muscular.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:23 am

I'm in shape more along the lines of like daredevil
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:58 am

Yes, Dark Guardian looks like Daredevil (build-wise).

I'm like Spiderman or the Flash, maybe... Nightcrawler? (Or Lex Luthor, but that's a different issue). I could definitely be more toned. I had a pretty long break in running (several months) when I got leg surgery. I cut a credible superhero figure in regular fitting/paramilitary type clothes...

Not so much in spandex.

This article has some advice about how to get the physique you're talking about: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I prefer exercises that rely on my bodyweight, personally, along with variations on running. There are literally hundreds of variants of the pushup, for example. I can't say they're all 100% doctor approved or anything, but I enjoy trying to find new ones. (Along with what I do on my own, I also lead a group of soldiers in exercising most days)

Yesterday I found a vicious one. You get into a pushup starting position and then rock your body in a circular pattern (clockwise or counter-clockwise). 60 of those really got to me... which is kind of the point... if you work your muscles in different ways consistently they'll adapt and be functional.

I'm pretty sure an interest in weight training would be necessary (or at least efficient) to get that super ripped look, though.
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:21 pm

I'm not really muscular, I'm quite thin, but I am fairly defined. I would say I have a similar build to spiderman or the Flash as well. I'm working out, but I don't know if I'll ever have the "Superman" build...
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:49 pm

have you ever seen Superhero?
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:52 pm

yeah superhero is jacked.

me...im fat. BUT NOT FOR LONG!
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:03 pm

Yeah this is Superhero in case you didn't know
My shoulders are narrow so not really no haha
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:11 pm

im a natural thin but filled out not like bone skinny but not pudgy. I'm not wonder woman but I am Rollyaat girl wonder!
Back to top Go down
!

!

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:34 pm

Rook wrote:
I just got to wondering...does anybody in the community so far have a physique like a comic superhero? I don't mean this in a shallow way, or to be divisive. I know physical appearance isn't as important as the will to do good. But I'm just really curious...is anyone here solidly muscular and athletic, as per the comic book hero ideal?

does The Blob count?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:06 pm

I have sort of robin's physique. slender, but muscular or raiden from metal gear solid. but I do need to work out more. doesn't take much to get me back into shape.
Back to top Go down
Anonyman

Anonyman

Category :
  • Hero Support

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:24 pm

Robin sounds right for me too. Slender muscle, but not jacked like Dark Guardian or Superhero. Someday though.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 8:36 pm

I hate to seem like an aging hipster here, but doesn't "jacked" mean like you had something stolen from you?
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:54 pm

jacked = cut up = ripped = buff = muscular = [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:18 am

I could definetly be more muscular but I could be a hell of a lot worse. Hopefully training will show results faster. If I can get a Dick Grayson or Dardevil build I'll be cool with that. I'd even take a Spidey or Flash build. Muscular but not too muscular that it slows me down. I plan on using the Dick Grayson method of fighting when it comes to physical confrontations: "Move more, get hit less."
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 2:39 am

I'm 6'4 and 245lbs right now, think Luke Cage, but White and wearing a black outfit.
Back to top Go down
Teiden

Teiden

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:47 am

It doesn't really count, since I'm a bit on the chunky side at the moment, but I'm kinda built like a slightly taller Wolverine, in that I'm stocky and naturally muscular, in addition to the weight training I do. Now I just gotta get rid of this little paunch I've built up the past two years...
Back to top Go down
Chivalry

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 4:13 pm

I weigh 138 and im 5'9, Im aiming for having a spiderman physique. I just need work out plan and to stick to it.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 7:34 pm

damn chivalry, that sounds kinda scrawny to me, even for spider-man. I'm 5'7" and 150lbs. with 6% body fat,
Back to top Go down
Patriot

Patriot

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 9:44 pm

I'm almost 6'2, currently weighing in at 350lbs. I've actually gotten smaller than I was at the RLSH Panel. But to give an idea, here's me at the RLSH Panel. I'll have newer pics up, as soon as I can.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:03 pm

Champion wrote:

I just lost
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:06 pm

ROFL!

it took me a few seconds but that made me LOL
Back to top Go down
!

!

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 09, 2010 10:16 pm

haha, i got it.

Can i say yes to the original question if my physique is comical?
Back to top Go down
Redline

Redline

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 11, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm 6'1.5, and 215.
So I'm slightly buff.
Back to top Go down

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:25 am

Well, not as defined as I use to be but I'm getting back there. I was in really good shape once with good abs and physique. Almost to the point of being able to compete. Here's a pic of me from last year in Kansas City.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Comic Physique? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Comic Physique?   Comic Physique? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Comic Physique?
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next