Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Recruiting Tips?

Go down 
+7
E0N (Inactive)
Polarman
Gauge
Zimmer
Urban Avenger
Hazmat
Renegade X
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:20 am

Renegade X wrote:
JohnDoe wrote:
As far as recruitment goes, I don't know if actually going about asking people if they want to join could be all that effective. The majority of people just seem to either have the mindset to become a RLSH beforehand or stumble upon it and take it upon themselves to join. Take this website, for example.

All you gotta do is get yourself on the paper or the news and the Reals come to you. Just look at Mr. Xtreme or Phoenix Jones.

As far as seperating the wheat from the chaff, you could look at the way other groups tend to recruit members outside of RLSHs. You could pull info from anything like law enforecement tactics and guardian angels to recruitment used by gangs and cults for simple reference. The sky's the limit.

Thats really true and interesting. I actually have been looking into some local websites from community groups and have posted an ad for O.W.L. We've gotten people asking to join, but then they are never heard of again lol.

You said you have four guys, right? Just think about what you can do with four guys for a while. Smile
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:22 am

It's not surprising there's so many come and gone like that.
Just look at how many have come and gone here in just a couple of years. I'm not talking about guys like Superhero who left on their own terms, but new guys who jump in and 'hey I'm here! let's rock!" and then a few months later Pow! Gone.
Same thing on facebook and others. Take a look at facebook and see how many don't even have a pic of themselves outside doing anything at all.
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 10:23 am

E0N wrote:
Renegade X wrote:
JohnDoe wrote:
As far as recruitment goes, I don't know if actually going about asking people if they want to join could be all that effective. The majority of people just seem to either have the mindset to become a RLSH beforehand or stumble upon it and take it upon themselves to join. Take this website, for example.

All you gotta do is get yourself on the paper or the news and the Reals come to you. Just look at Mr. Xtreme or Phoenix Jones.

As far as seperating the wheat from the chaff, you could look at the way other groups tend to recruit members outside of RLSHs. You could pull info from anything like law enforecement tactics and guardian angels to recruitment used by gangs and cults for simple reference. The sky's the limit.

Thats really true and interesting. I actually have been looking into some local websites from community groups and have posted an ad for O.W.L. We've gotten people asking to join, but then they are never heard of again lol.

You said you have four guys, right? Just think about what you can do with four guys for a while. Smile

Three or four are plenty to at least train with and bounce ideas off of.
Plenty of support. Like Urban said: quality not quantity.
Back to top Go down
Renegade X

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:52 pm

Midnite Detective wrote:
E0N wrote:
Renegade X wrote:
JohnDoe wrote:

Three or four are plenty to at least train with and bounce ideas off of.
Plenty of support. Like Urban said: quality not quantity.

Yeah it may be something to just work with for now. I may be blown it up a bit, but you're right; quality not quantity.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:31 pm

The very reason I brought up the criminal record checks is not only would I have to trust the next person to watch my back but there are quite afew pedophiles and other Dangerous offenders running loose here and Im stating that while Im aware that some of you have admitted to having a .... past life The last thing I want is to endanger the kids I often run into whether entertaining at some birthday party or just on the street by introducing some monsterous creepfreak to them
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:47 pm

Most pedophiles have no criminal record, have never hurt anybody and never will. The word you are looking for is "child molesters".
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Child Molesters Pedos Child killers Whats the difference?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:54 pm

Pedophiles look, but don't touch. Molesters do both.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:58 pm

The difference is that the term you use stigmatize unlucky people with a mental disorder into beliving they are evil and is stealing their dignity, the term I use describe people that are a danger to society.

Being given all the BS about how tragic it is to not be normal, you should understand.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 5:09 pm

OK But In response to UA In Canada Even looking is illegal and is considered just as wrong as touching If Im at say a resturant and I see a kid go into the public washrooms I dont care how many stalls or urnials there are I dont care that alot of places have walls between the urinals while other places do not Ill gladly wait until the kid(s) come back out again If Im looking after a child and he needs to go He can go Ill wait at the table where he can see me when he comes out again The only time I go in the rest room with the child is if there is an emergency such as the time a child got his tounge stuck to his zipper on his coat a few years ago I took him in and the staff that came in with me gave him some lukewarm water to loosen the tounge

The ignorance alot of people have about not seeing the difference is actually because of the media They always scream Pedophile to be released or pedophile on the loose Hardly ever do you see Child Molester to be released or Child Molester on the loose
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:05 pm

We are hi-jacking. I'm dropping it.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:10 pm

I started another thread so that we can put thisone back on track
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 6:12 pm

Renegade X, where do you reside?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recruiting Tips?   Recruiting Tips? - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Recruiting Tips?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2