Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting training

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 24, 2012 7:43 pm

when the documentary came out we were contacted by a kenpo instrudctor, who has since then, been volunteering his time to train us one hour every week. This has been going on for several months now and we have learned lots of valuable techniques.

And just yesterday we were putting up recruiting fliers and later that day were contacted by another instructor wanting to volunteer to teach us BJJ.

Take this as some advise on what you should do to get some free trianing possiblyn go out there and make yourself known, advertise in some way, make your community aware of what you are trying to do.

Its been paying off for us so far.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:47 pm

The experience must be so worth it.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:00 pm

That's pretty bad ass! I recently found out a local church gives free boxing lessions and have been taking full advantage. But arnt you worried about giving away your identity? Like do you train in your uniform or?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:01 pm

We train with masks on. That was the idea of the instructor. He respects us a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:08 pm

Good deal.I was going to say its a good idea to do some training in all your gear just to get use to it and what not. Can't wait to get my uniform togeather...kinda been slacking on that haha
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:11 pm

You've been here a long time man.
Back to top Go down
Zombie

Zombie

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:16 pm

Yup. I just patrol in my plain cloths. I wouldn't say a uniform is a waste of money but I've always had better things to spend my money on.
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 8:51 am

I also teach for free in Yorktown Virginia, all RLSH are welcome. Hapkido Online has a fee but it's only because it costs money to keep it running.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Getting training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Getting training   Getting training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Getting training
Page 1 of 1