Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Training suggestions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Arrow defender

Arrow defender

Category :
  • Public Service

Training suggestions Empty
PostSubject: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:35 pm

so, my dr. informed me that i need to do at least 45 min of working out every day. so i would like to make it count towards my training. i have no martial arts experience and no combat training, and frankly i have no athletic experience at all. is it better to start out just pumping iron before joining a martial arts type class? or is it ok to just jump in? i want to get on the streets as soon as possible but i want to be smart about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:52 pm

Read the thread I created entitled "17 Week Program" and adjust it if you must to suit your needs; there's only a few exercises involved in the whole program so it shouldn't be too hard.

Then, go to commandokravmaga [dot] com and invest in the Platinum Set or save up for it if you do; master those DVDs (it also comes with a Krav Fit set with a book)

Then, if your old enough and the laws permit it, go get a gun.

You'll be in super shape and a walking weapon.

If you go to xionpg (dot) com you can also invest in D3O Technology Armor and a IIIA Covert Ballistic Stab Vest from Safeguardclothing (dot) com.

You'll be just about as safe and protected as humanly possible. You can get nomex fire resistant clothing from the wildland warehouse if you want to add a degree of fire proofing as well.

Getting involved with your local fire departments and Forestry will grant you access to medical and emergency responder training as well as how to listen to the earth talk, significantly boosting your observation, awareness, and attention skills while enabling you to work well in a team and develop people skills and leadership skills.

If you're under eighteen, most of these options won't be avbailable, but attending a state Military Academy is a great place to start. I went to the Alaska Military Youth Academy and reccomend that one (never been to any others but I've heard some aren't very good). AMYA was. If you make the five month cut they pay you around a thousand dollars too.

Hope some of this helps at least. Smile

Stay true. Stay free. Stay safe.

--John
Back to top Go down
Arrow defender

Arrow defender

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:03 pm

thanks! it will take a bit to digest the material. im in my mid twenties so i don't have any hindrances as far as age goes. this looks like a great starting point! thanks again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:54 pm

You're very welcome. Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 26, 2013 1:23 am

You don't have to be in shape to train MA. Find a workout you can enjoy. And guns won't get you in shape, anybody who claims that is either crazy or is carrying around a bloody cannon (and that might qualify as crazy).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Haha, this guy. XD
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:46 pm

Squats are very good for you. they hit alot of muscles, you  dont even need alot of weight, if u can do 100lbsx30 times and your in rather good shape.
Back to top Go down
Arrow defender

Arrow defender

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:06 pm

thanks adamm
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 27, 2013 2:05 am

Find a workout buddy who can show you proper form.  If you are launching massive weights into the air with zero control, then you may as well not work out.  Don't bother with a gun for patrols, at least until you are known by authorities and develop a good relationship with them.  If they come upon you stopping a crime using your gun, you could end up shot.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:23 pm

In the past, some have recommended Jack LaLanne's workouts. They're simple, effective, and can mostly be done with nothing but what you find in your own home. He does have some workouts that you can do with what he calls a "glamour-stretcher", which is basically a giant elastic band with handles on each end, but those are fairly inexpensive as well. The workouts are mainly aerobic and isometric.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training suggestions   Training suggestions Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Training suggestions
Page 1 of 1