Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser

Go down 
+8
The Flame
Rook
Silent Defender
Urban Avenger
Equal
Stephen Hannaway
Gauge
Swift_Avenger
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Empty
PostSubject: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:08 am

Since I started to think about becoming a Superhero, I made paper shurikens for distractions when I'm patrolling or whatever. The only issue was I had to keep them in pouches which was an issue when I needed them fast but if they were attrached to my wrist and I could easily get them, my confidence on patrols would improve. The idea is the device would be attached to my wrist with a compartment holding the shurikens, a pressure trigger (when pressed) would dispense a shuriken and with the aid of a spring / gravity, the shuriken would fall into my hand and be ready to be thrown. If anyone has any ideas on how to bring my ideas to life or is able to make this for me, reply to me or personal message me. 

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:19 am

Easier access to paper shuriken will boost your confidence on patrol?  

I suggest you substitute the shuriken for something like marbles or even just rocks if you're using them for simple distraction.  They are more accurate, as not subject as much to the wind, can be thrown farther, and will create more noise when they hit an object.

However...if you must use paper shuriken, and you have a pouch that snaps or velcros closed, I suggest you simply attach it upside down.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:22 am

I meant if I didn't have to mess around with it, I'd be able to throw myself in more than have to wait around. Thanks anyway (Y) 

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:42 pm

*Mark for move to Equipment*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:03 pm

Start mowing lawns or shoveling snow for money and then get this if you can't afford it already http://www.wildlandwarehouse.com/wwcatalog/Rook_Checkmate_-_600_Lumen_Fla_P22789C77.cfm?UserID=47501449&jsessionid=e8302236a91f808a8cae195451145344295d

Point it in their face and flip on the Turbo Strobe; this will probably distract an adversary much more efficiently than a paper shurkin dispenser gadget strapped to your wrist. Wink

--John
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:52 pm

People, I just realized something. A pie dispenser would be totally AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:09 pm

What are these for?
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:43 am

I was hoping I could have them on all the time, under civilian clothing and on my suit (eventually). They would simply just hold my shurikens until I needed them and then when a pressure trigger is pressed, one would fall out into my palm so I could throw. Basically just a cooler and faster way of getting to my shurikens. I also ordered real shurkiens instead of using paper ones.

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:24 am

Do not use ninja stars.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 am

Care to say why not?

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:17 am

First off, ninja stars are not real shuriken.  Hollywood created them.  

Second, stars are pointy.  If the pointy end goes into a person, they will get a big owie.

It's just not wise to use a weapon that leaves your control when you use it.  If a cop stops you and finds them, you could be in for some serious trouble.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:30 am

That's why I made paper ones for a little distraction to move people to one area or for me to get away. Using paper ones would be less sensible because of wind but if the police found them on me, I couldn't get in trouble.

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 10:55 am

But in your previous post you said you have ordered real ones.  Yes, they are more practical because of wind, but they are less practical for actual use on patrol than simpler items that will not get you arrested.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 11:37 am

I did but now I realise they might not be the best option because of the police. I'll just be using them for distractions. 

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:50 pm

If you are found with them on your person you could be arrested and charged with a felony.

Carry marbles or ball bearings.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:11 pm

Even using real stars for a distraction is not a good idea.  You will not always have an opportunity to recover thrown items, and an innocent -- or God forbid, a child -- could pick one up and hurt themselves or another.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:00 pm

Good point Gauge. I think I should stick to marbles or stones.

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 01, 2013 4:38 am

I will share a little trick I'm perfecting. It's the same idea of ​​our friend Swift_Avenger, only instead of using paper stars, I use CDs.

Yes, the old CDs and DVDs that had music, videos or data, and that there are still trillions out there.

These discs fly well, are lightweight, and with a little practice, accurate. If they have enough speed, can break on impact.

Just make sure you do not have personal data recorded on them.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:23 am

That is such a great idea Silent Defender. I'll start looking into getting me some blank discs for my next patrol. 

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 01, 2013 11:26 am

They are also highly reflective, even with very little light.  They could give away your position before you have a chance to throw one, and they are large.  The fact that they may break offers no tactical advantage.

Rocks do not reflect light the way a cd does, are more accurate than a cd will ever be, and are easy to carry.

Effective tools do not need to be pretty, just functional.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:56 am

A little spray paint and their not reflect light anymore.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:11 am

Is rigth, Gauge. Reflectiveness can be solve with some matte black paint. And yes, requires some practice to be accurate.
Over the breaking CDs, I meant that can hit with some force. Of course not leave anyone knocked out, but will draw their attention.
This can be useful to change the focus of the criminal from his victim towards us. So the victim has a chance to escape, while the RLSH will be (supposedly) better equipped and trained to avoid or resist his attack. In the ideal case, for when the RLSH has managed to escape of the criminal, his victim will be a couple of blocks away, and the police in the area.
Or, of course, the criminal can be arrested and handed over to the authorities.

About rocks, there to take some kind of slingshot? O Use a slingshot to shoot pepper balls?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:17 am

True enough about spray painting the CDs, but I still prefer to use materials that are not considered litter when I absolutely have to throw something I may not later be able to retrieve.  Why leave traces?  And CDs still will not work great in moderate winds.  But, to each their own.  I'm not saying they can't work, just that they offer no tactical advantage over stones, marbles, ball bearings, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 02, 2013 2:09 pm

Meh, whenever I imagine confronting bad guys on the street....nothing seems more realistic, practical, safe, and efficient, as a ahandgun tucked in the back of your pants. If they've alreayd drawn theirs, keep it in your pants. (haha, "keep it in your pants, lol) and do what they say. This is the absolutely safest bet if a guy has a gun on you too far away to disarm them. Just do what they tell you until you are close enough. You want to disarm them at some point, don't wait to see if they'll kill you or not; maybe they'll leave you alive, maybe they won't, you don't want to find out, so take their gun, or, hopefully you shoved it in his face the minute you saw a hooded creepy guy quickly approaching you in an alley around two in the morning. Don't wait until you're in fear for your life to use a gun; people can get hurt that way a lot more easily. Pull it early, first sign of danger. The shock factor is what keeps everyone safe, as well as the fact yours is now the only firearm present and so any other thug with something tucked in their pants will feel a bit more hesitatnt about whipping theirs out. People are really careful, usually, not to piss off people who have them at gunpoint. I know I do anyway....Less reflective and more accurate than a rock or CD, and has like 20 times the intimidation factor, making it very unlikely that anyone has to get hurt, at all.

I hate fighting. I'm done with it. People don't use guns because they want to fight, they use guns to win, period. Good guys and bad guys alike. If you're going to throw yourself in harms way for total strangers, I feel that person has a responsibility to their loved ones to bring a gun with them, because that's the safest bet; that's the best way they can go home safe. Never leave anything to chance, have a plan A, and make sure you're plan B is scarier than theirs. Peace means having a bigger stick than the other guy.

--John
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:26 am

First off, the rocks and CDs proposed are not for attack, but for distraction, presumably to draw attention to a location, for a variety of reasons.  

Your gun advice is really pretty scary.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: