Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser

Go down 
+8
The Flame
Rook
Silent Defender
Urban Avenger
Equal
Stephen Hannaway
Gauge
Swift_Avenger
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 3:02 am

Equal wrote:
But there is a problem to belive you can see inside somebodys head. In a tense situation people stop being reflective and just react on their experience. You have no idea what experience you are facing. Guns and knifes can be drawn fast, and before you have figured out how to act it may be to late.

If you love being a know-it-all, sell that god helmet on ebay and but the money in some books. Not books about alternative BS (aka "I've understood some BS with my amazing imagination that scientists are to stupid to understand"), but about subjects with evidence.

I understand that the world seem simple to you and you belive you've figured it all out. It's completly normal for people that don't know shit. You might notice that the smart people don't give advice to everybody about everything here. That is simply because they are smart enough to know when to give advice and when to leave it. That work perfectly until some idiot logs on and start throwing arond their hypotheses about everything works according to their logics, vague "facts" and well meaning imagination. It's the product of ignorance and narcissism.
 How did I miss this before?  Spot on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 04, 2014 4:33 am

Which part? I felt his assumptions of me were entirely inaccurate. Do I need to clarify something? Willing to listen.
Back to top Go down
MythoDragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:19 am

Interesting thread... lots of half-fleshed out ideas. The CD idea is interesting (though there is the potential littering factor). It might be better implemented with mini CDs. I don't know what they're actually called, and I've only come across them a couple times, but there are CDs out there that are only about two or three inches wide that just have one small program on them. That size could easily tuck into a wristband and be thrown at a moment's notice. Then again... a few well chosen rocks tucked in a wristband would have pretty much the same effect so why over-complicate a simple thing when it works? If it's not broken, don't fix it.

As for the gun, perhaps a pellet gun or something like that would be a happy medium. It still has the intimidation factor (assuming there's not a big orange cap at the tip), but would be a little easier to explain to the police (as it's mostly harmless... would still take some explaining though) and if things do escalate, you are attacked despite pointing a gun at someone, and you run out of other ideas to protect yourself you could fire it at someone as a last resort without too many issues. Of course it's still far better to not fire it or even put yourself in a situation where there would be a reason to fire it because it does still inflict damage (usually not permanent on any scale, but enough that it shouldn't be the first choice) and of course once you fire it, it becomes pretty clear it's just a pellet gun and the intimidation factor get turned to zero. Ultimately I see it as a lot better than a real gun as it still has the intimidation factor but has less potential for things to escalate farther than desired in the heat of the moment. I still wouldn't be too quick to pull it though, unless the guy was actively doing something that I felt put me in mortal danger.

As for the distraction, hiding in the shadows, spying on someone thing, personally I think that's a much better thing for a novice to do than straight up confronting people. I feel a lot safer hiding in the shadows and calling the police than stepping out and having a dangerous guy turn to me. As it so happens, the police agree as they pretty much define the difference between a concerned citizen and a vigilante as someone taking matters into their own hands and trying to resolve it themselves instead of getting information and calling the police (at least where I live in the Twin Cities that's the policy they've publicly stated). I wouldn't say leave the spying and lurking in the shadows to the professionals as much as I would say leave the face to face confrontation and warding off bad guys personally in professional hands. One if done well can be done without anyone needing to know you were ever there (simply the police knowing that "someone" was there) where as the other puts you in the potential of getting yourself killed pretty much every time. Of course as a hero sometimes immediate action needs to be taken to save someone's life when the police won't arrive in time, but certain heroics just make the situation worse.

Regardless I definitely agree that pretty much all RLSHs are just average citizens who aren't really any more capable of resolving a dangerous situation than anyone else and should really only enter a situation if they really believe there will be a positive effect from that (and are psychologically stable of course, as there have been a few that have thought them getting involved was good but turned out to just be egomaniacs who created situations out of nothing...)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:42 am

A pellet gun is a bad and potentially dangerous idea. If I have to kill something or someone sure as heck do not want to be armed with a toy, 
I'm getting a real gun. ( Here in Alaska it will more than likely be some thing as opposed to someone, wild animals kill more people here than the people do, been getting worse since some new hunting restrictions a while back). 

I don't patrol and so I heavily doubt I'll ever have to draw it on a person. I don't look for trouble and I leave criminals to the cops, but god forbid I happen to be stuffing my face with popcorn at the theater when four heavily armed terrorist skin heads barge in and start randomly firing into the throngs of screaming families in the dark and all I have is a plastic toy to fight them off in a last ditch effort to survive. Thanks for the suggestion but I think I want a real gun instead so that I can kill those psychopaths before they murder any more men women and children. Legal repercussions would be the LAST thing on my mind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:45 am

God forbid I be taking a stroll in bear country and a hungry grizzly leaps from the bushes in a full charge and all I have is a pellet gun lol. XD
Back to top Go down
MythoDragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:31 am

Actually, I wasn't so much suggesting that one only carry a pellet gun (though I didn't really elaborate that detail), but that one have one for use in intimidation. It's not as easy to let it accidentally escalate. When if comes to protecting oneself against wildlife of course, a pellet gun just won't do. All I'm suggesting is that if one were to use pointing a gun at someone as the primary intimidation technique, a non-lethal one seems more prudent in my books when it comes to the intimidation use.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:35 pm

Cops wouldn't let that fly.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:48 pm

If a robber holds up a liquor store with a toy gun, they will still be charged with armed robbery. There us no difference generally between using real or fake weapons in the eyes of the law. Real or fake, you had better have exemplary judgment in carrying and using any weapon on patrol or in general. Unjustifiable drawing or use of a weapon will send you to prison.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:01 pm

Well said. Guns shouldn't beused for intimidation alone. It's a tool to protect yourself from wild animals, (The four legged ones as well as the two legged ones).
Back to top Go down
The White Power

The White Power

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:44 pm

Well, I use metal (real) shurkens from nippon (inported). i have an idea for a wrist dispenser already. you should contact me. maybe you can be my sidekick if y ou're good at taking a punch or a blow!!!
Back to top Go down
The White Power

The White Power

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 16, 2014 2:45 pm

Hero-Man wrote:
Well said. Guns shouldn't beused for intimidation alone. It's a tool to protect yourself from wild animals, (The four legged ones as well as the two legged ones).

i hear that. i see a ton of animals all over the place. "thug-looking" guys in hoodies who probably have guns themselfs!
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 17, 2014 8:35 pm

Uhm... guys, The White Power guy is nothing more than a TROLL trying to grab attention. Be careful, don't fall into his trap and do NOT allow him to make you appear like a fool by justifying his obvious nonsense.

Smile and stay on your original topic.

He's merely attempting to seed frustration, anger, and debate.

-Omen
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 20, 2014 1:51 am

I'm just picturing Hitler with that hair. The war would've been over much sooner.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shuriken Wrist Dispenser    Shuriken Wrist Dispenser  - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Shuriken Wrist Dispenser
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Skills-
Jump to: