Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Strength training

Go down 
+3
Gauge
The Black Stampede
Anyman
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:57 pm

I made a new record for my bench, 110 at 160 bodyweight I plan to bench 200 squat 500 dead lift 500 and curl 100 I also need to run 4 miles in 30 minutes
Jump 5 feet in the air I'm not giving up on my goals

Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:11 am

Slow and steady wins the race. My goal was to do five sets of 20 reps on the different exercises I was doing, and I reached it eventually... but, I'm not that in shape to begin with, so my goals are a little more low-key than yours, right now.
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 30, 2014 4:31 pm

Don't give up on your goals man I'm not quiet sure what slow and steady means
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 03, 2015 8:42 pm

1/3/15 training log

Height 5"8
Weight 160lbs

Shtreches 10 minutes
Shadow boxing 5 rounds
Dummy 20 minutes
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:41 pm

I don't think jumping 5 feet in the air is humanly possible, especially not with the muscle mass that would be needed to lift 500 pounds.
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 3:31 pm

We'll just see what happens see seen tony ja jump over a car but there could have been wires idk
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:25 pm

It depends on what you consider a jump. If you can get your waist to five feet, not too, then you can jump to any surface at that height. If you mean straight body vertical jump, where the body is perpendicular to the ground, that is much more difficult.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 4:27 pm

And Tony Jaa didn't use wires for his stunts in "Ong Bak"
Back to top Go down
The Black Stampede

The Black Stampede

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 04, 2015 5:20 pm

To be clear, a vertical stationary leap of five feet is not possible.
Back to top Go down
Snowman

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 8:01 am

Sure it's not. Until somebody does it. Careful about saying what's possible and not; too hard to determine; in order to prove that something does not exist, one must look everywhere, and determine that thing is in none of those places; the search will never end because the scope can always be increased, but in order to prove that something does exist, one must only find one example of that thing anywhere. Facts can change pretty fast; you probably wouldn't believe me if I told you that cats can glow in the dark. But they can, now; scientists spliced some kittens with jellyfish genes and now they glow in the dark like phantom kitties haha; for real, you can google it. And consider this; it wasn't long ago that scientists had egg on their face: they couldn't explain how a bumble bee was physically able to fly; they said their wing surface area wasn't possibly enough to lift the body of a bumble bee.

Does this mean bumble bees have been pulling a fast one on us? Of course not; it just means they couldn't find that one thing that made it possible, which they finally did, after developing high speed imagery and laser technology to discover that a bumble bees wings flex and arch in such a perfect manner as to create convective currents of air; generating massive amounts of lift (massive amounts for a bumble bee anyway).

See? Facts can change quick, take nothing for granted and keep your mind open. Also, for you jumpers and leapers out there, I suggest googling "Leaping Kung/72 Shaolin Arts of Kung"; basically involves digging a hole and jumping in and out repeatedly for years while gradually digging it deeper and depper; according to legend some monks find themselves leaping in and out of 10 to fifteen foot holes after a couple decades or so. Throughout history, mankind is known for pushing our limits to the envelop, and unless we go extinct or just give up on trying to grow and learn, there may not be a limit to what we can accomplish when we really set our minds to it.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 3:00 pm

I think the kind of change that would have to happen to allow a 5 foot vertical would take generations of athletes breeding with each other, or genetic modification (or cybernetic enhancement), however.
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:55 pm

Good suggestions thanks
Back to top Go down
Faust

Faust

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1Mon May 30, 2016 3:29 am

No offense but why is the goal for your bench so low? 
Usually a bench is 3/4 of your squat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Strength training Empty
PostSubject: Re: Strength training   Strength training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Strength training
Page 1 of 1