Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

MMA and Street Fight Analysis

Go down 
+2
Faust
Shade
6 posters
AuthorMessage
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

MMA and Street Fight Analysis Empty
PostSubject: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 26, 2015 9:15 am

I started seeing some of these videos recently and realized that they are really good.
While the mma videos might not be super practical to us, as we do not get to study our opponents tendencies before being attacked or assaulted, but they do show you the intricacies that go behind the planning of a fight, and the depth their is to it.
In addition their are good street fight analysis.

MMA fight analysis
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2 on 1 street fight analysis

another street altercation
Back to top Go down
Shade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 27, 2015 4:47 am

Bruce Lee wrote in the Tao of Jeet Kune Do that there was a mental component of strategy in fighting, like fencing. Simply flailing at your enemy will not win every battle - you have to think.

The best example I can remember off the top of my head was the idea of using telegraphing to your advantage. Telegraphing is when you give away what you're about to do in a fight - wind back a big punch, swing your leg back for a kick, pull away for a headbutt etc. If you throw a punch at a person's stomach, pause, throw a punch at their stomach, pause - the opponent will assume you have telegraphed a third punch to the midsection. You've conditioned them so much that they will move to cover their midsection as you punch, even if - pay attention, sports fans - you're aiming for that lovely spot on the tip of the jaw boxers use to punch each other clean out.

WARNING: If you're ever - ever - going to try and knock someone out, grab hold of their shirt or jacket and guide their crumple to the ground in such a way that their skull doesn't strike the ground. The fall from standing can shatter a man's skull like a winebottle, and it could mean the difference between you successfully pleading self defence and being charged with Grievous Bodily Harm. 

While we're talking about analysis of fight strategy, I'll just leave this here:
Back to top Go down
Faust

Faust

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:40 am

Also, if you're fighting someone experienced (in either street or sport fighting) you can take advantage of it by throwing a quick punch and pulling back as soon as you see them block on reflex before resuming the punch, a basic feint, but very effective against people who fight on reflex. Also, if you've been able to block most of their strikes, you can go ahead and let them get a free shot in; they're so used to recoiling after striking that they will hesitate once they actually make contact and give you a perfect opportunity to put them in a joint or pressure lock.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:22 pm

The more succesful street fighters I've know have specialiced in few attacks and spent most of their time pumping iron. One guy did nothing but jab-cross, something he learned and perfected in his early teens, and more or less built an empire on it. Another had a crippeled right arm, but trained his left into a wreking ball. If you are training for street fighting, specialize. From there it's mostly about getting the fight on your terms and setting your mind to destruction.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2015 8:49 am

The problem with focusing so intently on one or two specific techniques is that once you meet someone who can counter those moves, you have no other reliable skills to call upon. An experienced and knowledgeable fighter will not generally fall for the tricks described, but he will be on the lookout for the signs, and can use your wasted movement to his advantage. Posturing does little good against someone who is not afraid to fight.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2015 11:49 am

if someone kept doing jab cross over and over it would be very easy to parry/slip the jab and throw your own cross right to the face.
I would never recommend doing the same attack over and over in a fight. Good way to get knocked out.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 16, 2015 2:15 pm

@Gauge To counter, you should be better at countering it than he is at preforming it. And hopefully not blinking, then you would miss it. If you're good at something, you don't do it slow.

@arrowdynamic Not if you only have to do it once.

I'm not saying you should train one thing. It better to be excellent on a few moves, than decent in many, spend the rest of your time working on your body. If you're not a professional fighter, you'll have problems getting good at everything AND training your strenght.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 11:23 am

I agree you should have certain strengths to your attack...
My strengths are jabs and leg kicks from range and elbows high and hooks to the body from in close.
I also like to think that I specialize in sweeps and kimura/Americana submissions (shoulder dislocators) on the ground.
but I train multiple hours a week in karate and jujitsu.

anyways the point is I feel you should have a plan to defend yourself no matter where the fight may end up
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 17, 2015 1:08 pm

well, it's all situational. Even a skilled fighter won't ALWAYS see it coming, and an unskilled fighter gets lucky sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 4:14 am

A good street fighter is good at seeing it coming. Both those street fight videos are good examples of that. Doesn't matter how good they are in the ring, they know how the bell sound on the street. Studying street fight videos can be a good way to become concious on when it's hitting the fan. But the true art is mastering both the violence and the diplomaty.

That muay thai is a good example on the uglyness of it. It's not plesant to leave the scene when you're not even sure the guy you knocked down is breathing.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:34 pm

here is another street fight video, this one shows you how sport techniques don't always work on the street.
It also shows however that in street fights there often is not an army of "friends" who will attack you once the fight goes on the ground... friends of the other guy often want to see the fight play out just like the guys in this video did.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:40 pm

if you have a long time here is a long video about sport vs street
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1Wed May 20, 2015 5:57 am

send out Pacquiao, they're dead.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MMA and Street Fight Analysis   MMA and Street Fight Analysis Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

MMA and Street Fight Analysis
Page 1 of 1