Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?

Go down 
+7
Leviathan
Shield
the crimson fist
Amazonia
Midnite Detective
The Reverend
Bandit
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Bandit

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Empty
PostSubject: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:29 pm

If so please share the story Question
Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:39 pm

i stopped a potential knife fight with my cell phone . called it in 2 arrests
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 8:36 am

i got into it with two drunks, one last summer and one in fall.
the first was taking a smaller drunk and slamming him in the wall. i got over-eager, went up and grabbed his shoulder. he turned around and kicked my shin and scraped it up ( i wear soccer guards under my pants now because of that.) i slapped him and he got a good look at me and he sobered up a bit. all three of us agreed to let it go since nobody got seriously injured and i followed the aggressive drunk home to make sure he stayed out of trouble.

the second incident was in the fall. rounded a corner towards the alley way behind the bar and a guy was slapping a woman while two of his friends tried to talk him down. i yelled and stepped in and he swung at me. i punched him in the mouth (got a nasty infection in my knuckles from that, human mouths are disgusting) and sent him off his feet. he didn't get up. the woman turned out to be his old lady. she wouldn't press charges so i let them go without calling the cops. his friends helped him up and carried him off.

in both cases i felt it was pointless to call and waste the cop's time since neither victim would press charges.

i freely admit i hate rowdy drunks and need to work on dealing with them in a less violent manner.
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:46 am

A few months ago on patrol I was near a bar when I heard noises and a woman screaming to stop hitting her. I went around the back and saw a guy hitting a woman. He was obviously drunk and I yelled at him "you want to hit a woman, hit me". He came at me and swung wildly and I ducked and then got in one good shot to his midsection and he bent over. I then took my baton that I had in my other hand and locked his arm behind him and pulled him over to a pipe and handcuffed him and checked on the woman and called the police. Charges weren't filed after he spent the night in jail and not sure what happened with this case.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 2:47 pm

Had a scrap with two assailants a few years back when they were laying a beating on another guy with a baseball bat. Managed to take the un-armed guy out from behind, and kept the one with the bat at bay long enough for the victim to haul it out of there. Took a few good hits from that bat before I was able to escape myself, though.
Back to top Go down
Shield

Shield

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:57 pm

I have had several scraps.

Last edited by Shield on Tue Jul 24, 2012 4:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:58 pm

This happened at a mall parking lot up north a couple years ago.

A man (using the term loosely) was smacking on who I could only guess was his girlfriend at the time, on their car. The guy told me get lost and called me an asshole when I came upon what was going on. He got in a few good shots, then I got on top and went Ralphie on him.
I went to see if the woman was ok, but the must have ran off.
Got back to him and said "you won't be using these for a while anyways" and a *stomp* to the nuts, and walked off.

Was doing that wrong? I still say no...

Mind you, this was years after Fade, but just before Leviathan, so it didn't count as a caped patrol, just a guy doing the right thing.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:10 am

A couple of years before being Silent Defender, a guy try to give a blow with a bottle in the neck of a friend. I seizes the bottle, and the subject reacted throwing me a punch. I block it, and answered almost at once with a blow to the jaw. Fell down, and bleeding (hit slip, so he suffered a cut). The person who was under attack wanted to attack him by kicking, but I stopped him and convinced him to better hand him over to the cops... but in the end both of them withdrew.

I think this does not count as either caped patrol...

@ Shield: I also give pepper spray to people (especially women) who may face problems. After a brief explanation about their use, of course.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Wau too many stories to tell.
Back to top Go down
Bandit

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:34 am

Do you have any to share UA? I'd sure like to hear some from you Smile I'm guessing fights are only rare though on patrols
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:40 am

You can look up some of my patrol logs, I have a note on facebook from the most recent one about two months ago. I really don't feel like telling a dozen tales.
Back to top Go down
MapleDefender

MapleDefender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Hmm

I prefer the term "Placing myself within the situation and defending myself with controlled force to subdue assailants until they can be detained for police"

and the answer is yes, more often then not.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 14, 2012 5:52 am

Ive never had a fight while in my super suit, but I did have a guy try to bow up on me while I was dressed as the Easter Bunny...I was on the way to a daycare appearance and stopped for a coke. This drunk decided it would be funny to beat up the guy in the bunny suit. He backed down fast when I pointed out that the guy in the suit was a 350 pound ex correctional officer.

Psychology is often a stronger weapon than martial arts...in my experience anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?   Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Has anybody ever gotten into a fight on a patrol?
Page 1 of 1