Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

academic research into RLSH community

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Danielindahouse

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

academic research into RLSH community Empty
PostSubject: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:58 pm

My name is Daniel White (Link to my uni profile http://www.psych.usyd.edu.au/phoneDB/namecard.php?id=2158). 

I have been working for a number of years now researching Real Life Superheroes. 

Most of my work has focused on socio demographic surveys and personality profiles. My lastest work can be seen via this link "Look Up in the Sky: Latent Content Analysis of the Real Life Superhero Community" http://nsuworks.nova.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2485&context=tqr.

Unfortunately due to the nature of my geographical position (Sydney, Australia) much of my work has been done via the internet, however I have recently been awarded a grant to follow up my survey work with face to face interviews in the USA either later this year or in early 2017. 

As one of the more prominent and active discussion forums within the RLSH movement I thought you might have some thoughts or suggestions on where would be a great starting point for this field work?

DANIEL WHITE |
[size=13][size=10][size=11]School of Psychology | Faculty of Science[/size][/size][/size]
[size=13]
[size=10][size=11]THE UNIVERSITY OF SYDNEY

Rm 310, Griffith Taylor (A19)  | The University of Sydney | NSW | 2006 
M +61 425 282317 | E DWHI7687@UNI.SYDNEY.EDU.AU | [size=10][size=11]http://sydney.edu.au[/size][/size][/size]
[/size][/size]
Back to top Go down
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:27 pm

Are you the guy who came on to the old site years ago? I think the old site was, 'reallifesuperheroes.org' or something like that. You sound familiar.

My original name was Blackmage and I remember a few people honestly seeking information on the RLSH movement, along with reporters seeking to exploit the sub-culture.

A great starting point for your research would be in the many historical posts on this board. As you reach back and follow some of the key posts, you will notice the coming and goings or heroes and eras passing over the time recorded.

Reading between the lines on many of the thoughts displayed here can be a 'psych-students' dream. Have fun!!

-Omen
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:19 am

I'd try to find the one called Knight-Hood, based out of Florida. Master Legend (Last person on the main photo for this site) and Dale Pople/Super Hero (the fifth one over from the left) should know how to get in touch with him; they live nearby if I recall correctly. 

The reasons you should seek out Knight-Hood is because he's been doing this for decades since before most of us were in diapers, likely long before anybody on this board. Also, this board only goes as far back as 2007 roughly if I recall correctly, and RLSH have been around for a heckuva lot longer than that. You'd probably have better luck at branching out via Facebook; I think I've already seen you on there though; Dark Wing Duck photo. 

The Watchman would be another good guy to link up with; he was an admin on the original RLSH site "reallifesuperheroes (dot) org", long since disbanded.

Another somewhat old-days superhero that's seen quite a bit of the internet history would be Zimmer/Zimmer Barnes (Fourth one over from the right in the main photo). He ran the original Heroes Network, which if I recall correctly was even older than the RLSH Org site. Tothian ran/runs (I honestly dunno anymore), the new Heroes Network, but it's largely abandoned ever since the community found out what he did to Discordia, formerly known as ShowStopper. You'll undoubtedly hear about him; he's bad news. Total psychopath. Some will probably also say that about me too, but I'm sure you'll notice a discrepancy gap/severe differences between him and I. 

Also, Omen/Blackmage has become somewhat of a surrogate writer/publisher for the RLSH community; you can find out about a lot of different RLSH works on the Visual Adjectives site which I'm sure he'd be happy to provide references for. 

And a merry belated welcome to the Board. Keep an open mind and brace yourself for anything; there's some pretty crazy stuff on here. (And not just my stuff! Lol. XD Though I must admit I've said more than a few things I'm not proud of.)

Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:00 pm

California, New York, and Florida are all areas with a high number of RLSH
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 01, 2016 4:53 pm

I made a thread for collecting news and status updates of different RLSH about a year ago. You might find some links there useful.

https://therlsh.forumotion.com/t11199-rlsh-internet-presence-sightings-contact-points-other-info
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: academic research into RLSH community   academic research into RLSH community Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

academic research into RLSH community
Page 1 of 1