Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Empty
PostSubject: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:47 am

Usually, that's my modus operandi.

I reach the sector I've chosen as "playground" (a codename) by car. I do not wear my mask, neither the gloves, and wear a jacket over my Entomo shirt.
I park my car in a zone near the "playground", put mask & gloves on, and walk within the perimeter.
Of course, I've already checked the "playground" during the daylight (as my civilian self), when nobody is watching or paying attention.

Since I fight vandalism, I use to leave a note to Police when I face some issues as severe damage to structures or ambiguous people looking and behaving "fishy".
If I CAN, I stop the crime by myself.

I just couldn't patrol without my car, that's the biggest and most proficient way to escape after a patrol, successful or not.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 11:06 am

I use a car to get to the area where I'm going to patrol. I live about 20-25 minutes out of Fairbanks (actually I'm in a dumpy little Christmas-themed town called [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]). Once I get downtown (where I typically patrol) then I am on foot from there.

I carry a cell phone in case I have to call the police or something. Like a little over a week ago I ran across some underage drinkers roaming the streets. I walked right by them and you could smell the booze, it was gross. So I notified the police - who were there in about 45 seconds since they were in the neighborhood.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 4:44 pm

Entomo,

Do you wear your mask when you patrol via car, or do you go undercover?

As for myself, I like to mix around my tactics as not to set patterns.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 5:01 pm

Tothian wrote:
Entomo,

Do you wear your mask when you patrol via car, or do you go undercover?

No mask, no gloves, jeans jacket over my Entomo shirt.
I park the car, I put the mask and the gloves on and leave the jacket behind.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:13 pm

Is that one of your usual patrol/stake out methods? Or do you use other tactics?
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:58 am

I use a vehicle for recon and moving patrols where I want to cover the entire area. I'll make several rounds in the vehicle and go to foot when I think I see something. I also do the area on foot and concentrate on certan places.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:50 am

Tothian wrote:
Is that one of your usual patrol/stake out methods? Or do you use other tactics?

I'm honest, this is the only method I trust. It's not an American city, you can't blend with the environment so easily. I need an exit way.

I'm on my way to purchase a more expensive car.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:57 am

The Entomobile?

And aren't you worried about your liscence plate, or car make/model leading back to your civilian identity?
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:01 am

Tothian wrote:

And aren't you worried about your liscence plate, or car make/model leading back to your civilian identity?

Well, they don't really see Entomo driving the car, but my civilian self. So technically, I'm not Entomo when I drive. And nobody sees me sneaking out of the car as Entomo. So it works. It worked so far.

But I would consider to put a FAKE license plate over the TRUE license plate. That would be effective.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:38 am

For the first part, alright. Just be careful about not wasting time, if necessary. Remember, the actions are more important than how you look. Like if as your regular identity, if you should help someone, that person might have had no idea that it was Entomo who just saved their life. But you would know.

As for using fake liscence plates, I am not sure if that is legal.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:40 am

Tothian wrote:
Like if as your regular identity, if you should help someone, that person might have had no idea that it was Entomo who just saved their life. But you would know.

It happened a lot of times.

Fake license plates are ultra-illegal here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:43 am

1- Cool.

2- Then don't put yourself in that situation that might lead to trouble. You can find other tactics.

3- Go abck on MySpace IM. I wasn't done talking to you and you just signed off.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:45 am

Well, there's not much Police around in some sectors. So I'm safe when coming to the car and my identity.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 4:49 am

Not just from them. But also from regular people who could use that info to track you down.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:00 am

Tothian wrote:
Not just from them. But also from regular people who could use that info to track you down.

Indeed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:05 am

So, any plans or methods to conceal it?
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:47 am

Tothian wrote:
So, any plans or methods to conceal it?

Well, I'm just a civilian driving a car. You can't see the costume when I'm driving. No mask, gloves or exposed shirt.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:49 am

But they can if they see you get out of the car and switch in to your uniform.

And if you use those extra moments to drive out of sight and switch over, you could be wasting valuable moments needed to save someone's life.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:54 am

Tothian wrote:
But they can if they see you get out of the car and switch in to your uniform.

That never happened for a simple reason: I use to park the car in very dark and silent places near the "playground" of the day.

Anyway, it's illegal to wear a mask here in Italy, so I must be very careful, no matter what.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 5:57 am

1- Alright.

2- Damn. You should try to change that law. And/Or come to America!
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:01 am

Tothian,

When I wear my Entomo mask, I risk my life twice. In Italy, citizens are not allowed to disguise their identities (Carnival parties apart).
Masks are ILLEGAL.

Police even arrested Superataf in 2002/03. Maybe the first Italian RLSH (a sort of Squeegeeman).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:16 am

Yeah too bad you've got that whole mask fetish going on. (Wink) (Laugh)
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:52 am

Tothian wrote:
Yeah too bad you've got that whole mask fetish going on. (Wink) (Laugh)

(laugh).
Back to top Go down
ZERO

ZERO

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 2:00 pm

Entomo:

If you need to disguise your license plate, if only slightly, splash some mud on a few of the numbers. It's not illegal because it looks accidental.

And in response to this thread: I can't use my car on patrol because it's too recognizable, for a few reasons. I've got an SS front end on a Monte Carlo. And it's got some power, so it's a bit loud.
Back to top Go down
Entomo

Entomo

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1Sun Sep 20, 2009 3:32 pm

Z wrote:
Entomo:

If you need to disguise your license plate, if only slightly, splash some mud on a few of the numbers. It's not illegal because it looks accidental.

And in response to this thread: I can't use my car on patrol because it's too recognizable, for a few reasons. I've got an SS front end on a Monte Carlo. And it's got some power, so it's a bit loud.

1- Genius... I just must search for a specific "mud" I can easily remove when everything is said and done. Great idea, Z. I dig it very much. Thank you.

2- This sucks. What about a bike?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)   Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do) Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Do you use a car for your patrols? (as I do)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next