Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Patrols

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:30 pm

I'd like to ask some open ended questions about patroling to everyone here mostly so that I can personally make more efficient use of my own limited time. In regards to patrols...

1. What general procedures do you recommend for patrols and why?

2. What are your objectives when you patrol?

3. Do you consider your patrols effective? Why or why not?

4. About how much ground do you cover during an average patrol?

5. Vehicles, foot patrols, some combination? Why?

6. If you patrol in a group, what methods do you use to coordinate your actions?

7. How did you develop your personal understanding of the concept of patroling/

8. Anything else you consider relevant to the subject, please.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:06 pm

1.I sometimes do stealth or visable patrols depending on what the reason for it is

2. My main objective is to make sure that kids are not being picked on by bullies drunks ect. I also look out for how much snow is piled up on whatever houses are in wherever I am Ill come back to it with my shovel later if I need to Sometimes I bring my shovel out with me on patrol but that is incase somebody is stuck Such as the case last year with 2 incidents Both was with me getting hom ahead of the aproaching storm and both times the people were very lucky that 1 I had my shovel with me and 2 that i used the area for a shortcut I told Silver Sentinel about the first one where I went out and dug out cars that were stuck I had remained outside in subzero temp durring a very dangerous blizzard trying to help people who were blown off the road To make matters worse some of them figured "Im just going to the store" so they did not have their coats One guy was wearing his shorts and a t shirt (And they call me crazy) Thankfully the guy in the hose let him in to wait out the storm but I had refused because I was seeing another car down the road slide off the road The second time was I just been up town with my shovel and was hurrying home with all the shortcuts I could find and the kids in a playground were very lucky that I came by as their friends got stuck in the bottom of the tunnel slide They went down but then a plow drove by and buried the bottom of the slide with them in it The other kids saw me sliding down the hill into the playground on my shovel and got me to dig their friends out If I had not have been their when I was Those kids would have froze to death as the temp went from - 5 to -30 in just a few minutes while the winds picked up to 60 km and one of them paniced and wet himself making things worse I got them out by the time the other kids brought their parents down We carried the kids back to their house and got them into warm blankets and we all enjoyed a cup of hot chocolate

3.I do foot patrols as I dont have a vehicle
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:23 pm

3 My patrols are very effective because even if I dont save any lives or stop the bullies that day I still get the kids comming up to me to chat Sometimes while we are waiting for our turns at the library we play with our nintendo DSis or we just read or color pictures together

4 I spend the whole day walking around Sometimes very well into the night I can easily cover the entire city if i wanted to in just a couple of hours (It takes about 2 Hours to walk from the airport all the way to Apex The village on the other side of the hills

5 I do foot patrols I dont have a vehicle

6 If I were to patrol in a group and I used to at one time with other friends when we were all younger We were a regular set of Crusaders I had the outfit on but that did not make my friends any less effective in the hand to hand combats or the shouting matches we traded with the bullies We even watched the Adam West Batman show and the Swing Robin around the bad guys move took a bit of practice but we actually did that quite a few times We also watched abit of the MMPR Mighty Morphin Power Rangers however I didnt use much of their style of martial arts for fighting I found a much better use for it TAG YOURE IT RUN RUN AS FAST AS YOU CAN YOU CANT CATCH ME IM THE POLARMAN

7 I developed my undersatanding what a patrol is by talking with the police and sometimes riding in the crusiers with them However I was never arrested and I never turned the lights or siren on I actually reminded the guy who offered to have me run it that the lights and siren were not the toys that some kids have on their bicycles and that I would no more touch them than I would attemp to shoot his gun or drive the crusier

Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:28 pm

I will say that the swing Robin around move is far harder than they make it look. I used to practice that with my "sidekick" a bit -- totally just for fun. They made it look effortless on the show. But it really isn't.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:46 pm

Next time you and your sidekick try that remove the capes first I did that with my friend and found the capes were getting tangled up then we did it without the capes However another one that looks effortless was Robins swing from an overhanging light Ive don that move by swinging off the monkey bars and Ive done it off the bumping tire swings
Back to top Go down
Vursman

Vursman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Patrols Empty
PostSubject: Re: Patrols   Patrols Icon_minitime1Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:42 pm

Ahn did not know that
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Patrols Empty