Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

"Superpowers"

Go down 
+12
onikage
Urban Avenger
E0N (Inactive)
Chivalry
Vursman
Blue Phoenix
Idea Man
Rook2
Gauge
Silver Sentinel
The Jinn
Bearman
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

"Superpowers" - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 1:38 am

...you mean they Silver
they...why are you looking at me like that? no I...can...fight...the ...beard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 9:54 pm

Silver Sentinel wrote:
There are no such thing as mental powers. These are lies told to you by malcontents that do not trust the government. Everything the government tells you is true.

We are only concerned with your well being.

We are only concerned with your safety.

Trust your government officials.

Obedience brings prosperity.

I will Politely agree to disagree sir. I am here to help make the world a better place, not change anyone's views on it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon May 03, 2010 11:44 pm

It was a joke Shin
We...I mean Sil..the Government yeah that's it
The government would never try to control you like that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blue Phoenix

Blue Phoenix

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:02 am

The thing about psychic ability as well as any other ability that a person might have,(and I'm probably going to sound like Tothian about this),but it's best to keep things like this alittle more secretive. For a couple of reasons,you would end up meeting 2 types of people,the ones that might think that you are crazy and won't take you seriously,or the ones that would try to test you challenge you to do things. Like Martial Arts,there is a responsibility with having this,also comes with it humility. whether or not I have anything like this or something else i will not mention. You have to be more careful with these things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 12:09 am

Blue Phoenix wrote:
The thing about psychic ability as well as any other ability that a person might have,(and I'm probably going to sound like Tothian about this),but it's best to keep things like this alittle more secretive. For a couple of reasons,you would end up meeting 2 types of people,the ones that might think that you are crazy and won't take you seriously,or the ones that would try to test you challenge you to do things. Like Martial Arts,there is a responsibility with having this,also comes with it humility. whether or not I have anything like this or something else i will not mention. You have to be more careful with these things.

That is if things like psychic abilities exist, which they do not.

Minuteman wrote:
It was a joke Shin
We...I mean Sil..the Government yeah that's it
The government would never try to control you like that Very Happy

Why not? It tries to control you in every other way. That is the point of government after all. But it does seem improbable, you are correct.

Anyways, heres a pyramidal watermelon:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 1:22 am

Minuteman, sometimes due to my occasional over-serious nature, Sarcasm is lost on me Smile
Blue Phoenix, I could not agree more. Most people will stay silent about what they have been through. Speaking up could Ostracize them.
Mr. Jack, That melon looks delicious, and Egyptian.
Back to top Go down
Silver Sentinel

Silver Sentinel

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue May 04, 2010 2:29 am

Shinobi, sometimes it's easy for people to think I'm serious all the time, so I drop a doozey now and then to shake things up.

MinuteMan.. of course I meant "They".. not "We".. I have never worked for the government in any capacity as the Silver Sentinel.

People who have revealed possession of powers of any sort have always been reviled, mocked, and many times hunted down, tortured, and killed. There would be no advantage in anyone revealing the existence of such abilities, and those who believed that had such would work to ensure such a secret would remain under wraps.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 12:24 am

Ok I investigate the Dr Michael Sherme Cool [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] although if you're a scientist and has written several books also I realized that is a pioneer in the art Negative or negationism.

Evil or Very Mad The negationism [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] basically, is how either through deceit, or logistical pitfalls, whose sole purpose is to deny and try to expose the fraud of a truth or a lie.

I know it sounds confusing. but this kind of people we can see anywhere in the world, those whose minds are closed deny and discriminate against everything that they do not seem right, logical or natural or religious belief, and their methods can become extremists. Twisted Evil

On the other hand the order of "Don't Believe Everything You Think" Sr Thomas E. Kida is not scientific or related moves in circles is a professor in the Isenberg School of Management at the University of Massachusetts

may have a blog or have a chat with some friends that if they are scientists, and his book says somewhat against what they say about first. drunken

I am skeptical but I'm open minded .. and before making a conclusion about something I like to have a solid foundation to support, my information is already an article where the authors may be investigated, and thus see that the article is real .. pirat

Incidentally for those who believe or think that maybe they can get super stick recommend reading this article brenda DR Fox [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Idea
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 12:39 am

Hello,

This is how I view supernatural powers.

They either exist or do not exist.

If they do not exist, then they do not impact the world.

If they exist, then they either change the dynamic of living, or they do not.

If they do not change the dynamic of living, then they do not impact the world.

If they change the dynamic of living, they either do so in a profound or inconsequential way.

If they do not change the dynamic in a profound way, then they do not impact the world.

If they change the dynamic of living in a profound way, then I will notice them irrefutably.

I have not noticed them.

If these powers exist, they may as well be like aliens living 1,000 galaxies away. There is no evidence that they impact life or my world in any significant fashion. They appear to be, in short, unimportant.

And so I can not bring myself to care about them, except when writing science fiction stories. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 2:50 am

Silver Sentinel wrote:
Shinobi, sometimes it's easy for people to think I'm serious all the time, so I drop a doozey now and then to shake things up.

I have the opposite problem. I'm constantly saying dumb things and using lame humor that only I seem to find amusing. So when I say something serious or deep, people start looking for the punchline.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 2:53 am

JackLighter...you seriously have some of the best posts on this forum. Seriously, even though you're new, you say a lot of smart things and have good ideas and advice. But that last post actually hurt my brain. Maybe it's just the lack of sleep or something, but half way through reading that.....my head felt like it might explode.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 8:26 am

^ so does mine....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 11:48 am

JackLighter wrote:
Hello,

This is how I view supernatural powers.

They either exist or do not exist.

If they exist, then they either change the dynamic of living, or they do not.

If they do not change the dynamic of living, then they do not impact the world.

If they change the dynamic of living, they either do so in a profound or inconsequential way.

If they do not change the dynamic in a profound way, then they do not impact the world.

If they change the dynamic of living in a profound way, then I will notice them irrefutably.

I have not noticed them.

If these powers exist, they may as well be like aliens living 1,000 galaxies away. There is no evidence that they impact life or my world in any significant fashion. They appear to be, in short, unimportant.

And so I can not bring myself to care about them, except when writing science fiction stories. :-)

I like mine in comics more, though. Only difference.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 12:10 pm

Hello,

I'm sorry, that line of reasoning may have been hard to follow.

I will try to rephrase:

If powers existed and they were capable of impacting the world in a substantial way, they would be apparent. We would see them profoundly demonstrating themselves around us every day, like lightning and thunder.

If they are much more subtle, so subtle that we can't see their effects readily, then they are not really important to us.

Let us suppose you could somehow use telekinetic force to push an atom. Well, so what? I can push millions of atoms with my finger.

Or let us suppose you could use psychic predictions to anticipate random things with unreliable success rates. Well, so what? A statistician can do that already.

When someone is able to reliably demonstrate a 'power' that has a profound impact on our world, only then will it be important. Until then, the possibility of powers is like the possibility of a volcano erupting on a planet 1,000 light years away. It might be true, but it has no impact on my life.

However, these ideas are fun in fiction, and I can suspend disbelief long enough to enjoy a work of art. :-)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 3:07 pm

Hey JackLighter, it wasn't your line of reasoning, it was just me! I was awake for a really long time when I read that so everything at that point was hard to follow! Cool

It makes perfect sense now and I agree with it. That's a very logical way to look at it.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Wed May 05, 2010 6:38 pm

I wonder how much money has been spent by world governments doing research into what would be described as supernatural powers to gain advantages in war, to gather intelligence, investigate crimes, gain funding for further, more invasive research, etc. I wonder if that has affected our world in any significant way. Were that money to have been invested in other areas, might we have had a nuclear bomb 20 years earlier? Might we have launched into space before the Russians? Might we have a cure for cancer? Would Uri Geller have had a career? Nobody can say for sure, because we cannot examine alternate universes (yet) so we cannot say what effect it has had. Furthermore, if powers were discovered, is is unlikely we would hear about it. The government would keep it quiet so they could manipulate situations more easily where specific abilities give them an advantage. So we likely would never know if it affects our world at any rate.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2010 2:32 pm

JackLighter wrote:

A person falsely believing that he or she has supernatural powers could end up getting into a situation where someone gets hurt. Also, a person falsely believing themselves to have supernatural powers might be mentally unstable, and others might want to steer clear of that person. Plus, someone believing another person's false claims to have supernatural powers might become the victim of some sort of scam.

I am not saying that super powers do or do not exist. I would love to believe that they do exist, and I would love to have them myself. But we can all be fairly certain that not all of the people in the world who claim to have powers actually do have them. I would just caution people to do some research and to take into account that sometimes things that seem supernatural are really not. That is why I recommended those books.
Back to top Go down
Vursman

Vursman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2010 8:56 pm

there is several but I say that the energy chi or ki that it is known as energy in east
it interns it is kind of a being able to energy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Thu May 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Umm okay
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun May 30, 2010 11:20 am

You guys GOTTA see this

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Chivalry

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:23 pm

I exhibit a strong sense of empathy, The other thing is something I can't prove but I have a tingling sensation in my hands and I can make it come and go and it's not medically related. I've tried to research it but I can't find anything on it. What I do believe is the tingling is energy like Chi but I have no way to prove this.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:32 pm

Whether or not superhuman powers can exist in theory isn't really the relevant issue to us. It should be whether we can develop abilities with practical uses that we can consistently rely on in the real world.

You're welcome to experiment, of course, but I think you'll find in most cases that the answer is "no."

I have some belief in magic and rely on it in my life, but it's not like casting spells and stuff. It's kinda like luck.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:56 pm

Chivalry, I have experienced these same phenomenae. As for the empathy, if someone near me is in pain, I get a sympathetic pain in the opposite side. It doesn't always happen, and I attribute it to an over-active imagination. But who knows?? As for the tingling fingers, that is more easily explained. The body is surrounded by a magnetic field, and you are having moments where you are more conscious of it. Put your hands up at eye level and about 6 inches apart, palms facing eachother. Now picture yourself holding a rubber ball and that you are squeezing it. Don't flex your hands, but slowly bring them toward eachother while feeling the resistance of the ball. Soon you wil feel very real resistance. That is your magnetic field. You can eventually extend your hands much farther and get the same sensation. You can also tap a finger on one hand, and feel it in the corresponding finger of the other hand. There's a ton of practical applications for this, and anyone willing to train properly can do them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:33 am

I can change a poopy diaper in less than 15 seconds...and that's thorough Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 08, 2010 10:21 pm

it's called a "personal area network", some call it an aura, but it is a field of static electricity our bodies generate. ever grabbed the antennae from a tv when it is on and the reception gets better? thats an effect of it. some people are just more in tune to them than others in being able to see/sense them.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Superpowers"   "Superpowers" - Page 3 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

"Superpowers"
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next