Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Dante's Personal supplemental training program

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Dante's Personal supplemental training program Empty
PostSubject: Dante's Personal supplemental training program   Dante's Personal supplemental training program Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 am

Hello forum, and welcome to the discussion. Over the last couple of monthes, I've noticed a very definitive trend going across this forum about RLSH looking for effective ways to get into shape, or even better shape without completely forgetting that they have secret identities that demand a lot more attention than we'd like to admit. Well, as for myself, between job, school, and family, and actually patrolling and performing other duties of an RLSH, there's not a lot of room left over for training and physical up-keep. But about 6 monthes ago, I came up with the idea to use supplemental body weights (ankles, wrists, and weighted vests) to supplement what little training time I actually have. I found that simply adding ankle and wrist weights to my everyday life actually drastically improved my physical performance. Even something as simple as walking and jogging across a room, lifting boxes, and simply opening doors became subtle exercises. After removing the weights at the end of my shift, I noticed that I could run faster, jump higher, and was able to even stop a train with my super-manly biceps. Okay, so that last part was bs, but you get the idea. Tell me what you think, what ideas you can add, and just whatever comes to mind.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Personal supplemental training program   Dante's Personal supplemental training program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:07 am

I am a personal trainer and provider of Continuing Education Credits for other trainers.

I am happy to answer any of your questions.

Here are a few things that I learned the hard way:

No ankle weights for general activity because they pull on the knee waaaaay too much.

Wrist weights give you more deltoid work than anything else.
Deltoids are small and can't take a lot of work.

PUtting the weights in a vest of around your waist is really good.

I can help you more.
Just ask
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Personal supplemental training program   Dante's Personal supplemental training program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:35 am

so your saying that ankle and wrist weights are a bad idea but the vest is a good idea?

just clarifying, since i have been thinkin about things like that for a while.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Personal supplemental training program   Dante's Personal supplemental training program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 12:05 pm

Champion wrote:
so your saying that ankle and wrist weights are a bad idea but the vest is a good idea?

just clarifying, since i have been thinkin about things like that for a while.

right.

you can use ankle weights for legs lifts but legs are heavy enough that
the weights are rarely needed.

wrist weights are too light for biceps and not really needed for deltoids
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dante's Personal supplemental training program   Dante's Personal supplemental training program Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Dante's Personal supplemental training program
Page 1 of 1