Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Superhero Training Program

Go down 
+8
Badman
Tejas
Knight Fighter
Arrow defender
adamm[]
Anyman
Magma Ghost
arrowdynamic
12 posters
AuthorMessage
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Superhero Training Program Empty
PostSubject: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu May 09, 2013 10:22 am

Note this is only a physical skill template and does not deal with the many important skills and knowledge you need (investigation, law etc.) that do not relate to physical skills. It is an example of how one could train to prepare for super heroics.
Here is the training template, it covers 4 modules, each one being equally important. Follow this training program and you will physically be able to patrol and handle yourself under duress.
One thing that is important while working out, is to do a variety of different activities, the reason behind this is that your muscles get used to doing the same thing over and over. Luckily for you, being a RLSH takes many skills, so here it is...
The program takes place over two weeks, day placement doesn't really matter as long as you have rest days.
Module 1 - Strength Gain
Note this module is strength gain, not mass. Strength, not muscle size is important. A few lifts are helpful in gaining overall strength.
Module 2 - Speed Gain
Get faster
Sprint. This is important, you need take off speed. Do five 40 to 100 yard dashes depending on your space.
Use plyometrics, box jumps, medicine ball slams and bounces... etc. This will speed up your muscle contraction.
Module 3 - Fighting Skill
Get Skilled
Take up a martial art. Any that you enjoy and find effective. Train 4+ hours a week, this will make you a more competant fighter able to defend yourself and others.
Module 4 - Skill of Interest
Do any activity you find enjoyable that you think you can incorporate into super heroics. Acrobatics, parkour, archery, a second fighting art, gun shooting, biking, driving, motorcycling... but remember, this is practice, it is not fun... even though it is.

Here is Aero's Module based training program
Module 1
Bench press, Pull ups, Bicep curl, shoulder press, leg press
1.5 hour program, 2 times per week
Module 2
five 40 yard sprints
medicine ball over head slams and parallell throws
box jumps
.5 hour program, 2 times per week
Module 3
Goju Ryu Karate Practice 3 hours a week
Jujitsu Practice 2 hours a week
Module 4
Archery Practice, 2 hours per week

Total physical activity per week: 13 hours.
Not bad at all, considering a work week is 40 hours.
Back to top Go down
Magma Ghost

Magma Ghost

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 5:16 am

Im A rookie super hero and i wanna know if its really worth it
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 9:16 am

@Magma Ghost,

A warrior prays for peace, and prepares for war.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 18, 2013 3:44 pm

whats worth it, working out or being an RLSH?
Back to top Go down
Arrow defender

Arrow defender

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:33 pm

I work a full time 40 hr job. could i break this stuff up a little at a time every day? or is it important to do all of this in bulk?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:13 pm

I just posted a thread entitled 17 Week Program. It was designed for wildland firefighters; the marines of firefighting. (Smoke Jumpers would be the Navy SEALs of firefighting XD).

Each day is designed to be done throughout the day. For example, if your work place isn't too awfully far away; only a couple miles or so, run to and from work; that's four miles a day right there. Drop down and do 20 push ups every so often throughout the day; sometimes just a few times a day and gradually increase the number of times you drop down. If you swear a lot or smoke a lot, drop down and do tenty for every cigerette and curse word. Basing your workouts on bad habits is something our trainers do to us all the time, and you get super built due to your flaws. But after hiking and swinging an axe all day, most smokers don't really feel like lighting up a cigerette right after. I used to smoke like two packs a day; now it's rare if I smoke half a pack a day. Find a way to incorporate exercise into you're whole day. Even getting a strap and tighting the lid on a jelly jar so it's super hard to open is a good workout for your grip strength as well as just building practical skills that make you more useful as a man. Don't underestimate jumping rope, either. Most people say they don't get a workout, that's because they're not doing enough. Start off with 500 repititions, then see if you should increase it or lower it. 500 is usually when I start getting beads of sweat; you have to up the reps with jump ropes to benefit from them properly.

The seventeen week program only consist of a few exercises; the basics. Running, Push Ups, Sit ups, Pull Ups, and Dips. But built a manner that avoids platuea and builds up muscular endurance and stamina; it's a program designed not so much to make you look superhuman, but to make you superhuman; you'll be able to go harder, faster, and longer than most if you stick to the program. Know your limits and see a doctor first though before beginning any hard training. Most people instinctually can tell if something is beyond their limit. What I did personally was I just tried one day at first, then thought about if I would like to try Day Two. Just taking it one day at a time makes it seem a lot less daunting. A tip for when you reach muscular malfunction (the point where your brain is telling you you can';t do any more and your muscles are burning, is to imagine a dot right in front of you on the ground or wall, just focus on that dot and do one more. Our instructors play mind tricks on us, trying to make us quit, which only makes us want to go harder, longer than the other guy. They try to separate the wheat from the chaff, and in the end the whole room turns out to be wheat all because the instructors are playing mind games on them. It's phenmenal what the human body can do and for how long it can do it for. That was the first thing they taught us. A lot of it is mentality.
Back to top Go down
Knight Fighter

Knight Fighter

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:51 pm

thanks for the program aero!
Back to top Go down
Tejas

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 19, 2014 10:27 am

I am weak in muscles. WHat should i do to gain first muscle and then strngth?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:49 pm

Consuming a lot of protein is a good way to build muscle. You want to make sure you're toning it, as well as bulking up.
Back to top Go down
Badman

Badman

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:17 pm

Tejas if you focus on form more then quantity then you will get toned and strength faster
Back to top Go down
Tejas

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:16 am

Thank you very much Anyman and Badman. I want to design my super suit with plastic. Can you all help me?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:32 am

Depends on what kind of plastic. Loose plastic is terrible for stealth, which is important on a mission of any kind. Hard plastic offers little in the way of protection, even from bare hands. Perhaps, you should consider a different type of material. Again, it all depends on what your purpose is.
Back to top Go down
Tejas

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:45 am

I want to design to avoid knives and nail attacks of drug dealers. How should i start building it?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:39 am

Nails will go through plastic. A better bet is stab-resistant material. You can look it up online, and see if you can gather the kinds of materials to make it.

There are ways to fight crime that will make armour less necessary, but you should be prepared for the worst, as much as you can.
Back to top Go down
Jayson Wright

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:19 am

So, after you're done with all this. When Can you Create your costume, I know that it;s not all about the costume, but I just wanted to know.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 8:02 am

Before you create your costume, you must climb the mountain of chi, then defeat your first supervillan. But first of all, you'll need some dramatic origin story.

After comleting those pillars, you'll have the right to wear spandex in public.
Back to top Go down
Ronin

Ronin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:19 am

Try not to get your tights in a bunch either. That's why I threw my spandex out. But apparently an "all natural" Hero is NOT What people want these days.
On a serious note though, kudos Arrow, looks like a decent routine. For those that may want to increase that cat like balance, I would suggest plum Daisy poles or even finding a rail with some decent height. But start small for the love of all things holy! I once watched a guy take a six foot fall just to impress us. Unwise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:12 pm

....I don't want to be the hero people want, but the hero they need. Superheroes shouldn't be in this to make people like them or even to make them happy, a lot of the time what we want isn't what we need.

The costume is an advertisement, aside from setting you apart from bad guys and maintaining a degree of anonymity, it's a statement that you aren't just a random citizen who has made a hasty decision under pressure to act, but that you'ved commited yourself to an ideal, the costume makes you a more visible rolemodel, careful of your words and actions at all times, particularily while wearing the suit and especially on public Community Safety Walks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:21 pm

Magma Ghost wrote:
Im A rookie super hero and i wanna know if its really worth it

What would make it worth it for you?
Back to top Go down
Maverick

Maverick

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 01, 2014 10:43 am

If you have more time then you can split the strength training routine into 3-5 days and focus on individual muscles more. Also where are the squats and deadlifts?
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:47 pm

didn't do those lifts because of a suspect knee back in the day.

My workout has kind of evolved since then, but at the same time I've had way less time to exercise.
I have been working mainly on my martial arts and archery skill recently, but without running my cardio goes bad quickly.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:14 pm

I have started doing deadlifts as I hear they are the best lifts for lower back strength along with using your entire body.
Every week now I am going to do a workout at the gym and do bench pressing, deadlifting, shoulder pressing, and a couple other exercises designed to keep my speed up.

I also am still working on increasing my archery skill 2 or three times a week, training using no sights so I can quickly aim my bow accurately from different distances, like 20, 30, 40 and 50 yards.
I practice quick shots with a bare bow to try and load and fire my bow as many times as quickly as possible as I can for a few rounds, then I screw in my stabilizer and do some focused aimed shots to try to get as accurate as possible.

At the same time I am still training my karate and Ju Jitsu.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superhero Training Program   Superhero Training Program Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Superhero Training Program
Page 1 of 1