Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Empty
PostSubject: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 10:37 am

Slightly offense language to follow -- in a comic book quote (sort of)

So this morning it amazed me when I had to do my army physical fitness test that just being "a superhero" significantly improved my performance... kinda cool.

During the run part I kept thinking I had to run fast because "I'm the goddamn Mega-Rad."

And I wish I could say I've been training hard, but because of my teaching certification class I actually had slacked off a bit.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 2:00 pm

You do the best you can Mega-Rad
Back to top Go down
The Samaritan

The Samaritan

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 7:49 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:

So this morning it amazed me when I had to do my army physical fitness test that just being "a superhero" significantly improved my performance... kinda cool.

During the run part I kept thinking I had to run fast because

And I wish I could say I've been training hard, but because of my teaching certification class I actually had slacked off a bit.

Smile

The very thought of being a Super hero can have a positive effect on your mind, training and ability to endure. Like a mother pulling a car off her child, the superhero has something more beyond him or herself to work for. This can let us run harder go faster and keep it up over longer distances, simply because we feel we must. A powerful mental focus is often achieved with no more than a good mantra, in your case ""I'm the goddamn Mega-Rad." The Physical response triggered by the deep seeded emotions we have invested into our lives as RLSH has even surprised me at times. In my own experience, it would seem I am capable of a lot more than I would have ever believed. Being a RLSH bolsters my nerve, and also excites me, allowing me to reach new limits of my physicality that I would not have reach outside of my RLSH persona without the strong enough motivation. "I must, other are counting on me, the world is counting on me, I am counting on me" are powerful ideas and can driven you to excel where you once thought you couldn't. Long story short, you can never know what you are capable of with the right level of intensive. Thanks for writing this thread, and never forget, your the goddamn Mega-Rad. cheers
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:16 pm

I find it also alters personality response to outside stimuli.

The other day I was in a situation where in the past I would have been annoyed and grumpy. But I found myself thinking "what would a real life super hero do?" That totalaly allowed me to relax and even enjoy the situation because of my new respones.

so remember wwrlshd
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:10 pm

"remember wwrlshd"

worth a tatoo

THANK YOU,
Star Art Royalty
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:11 pm

Mega-Rad wrote:

During the run part I kept thinking I had to run fast because "I'm the goddamn Mega-Rad."

Smile

hee hee hee hahhahahahahahahahahah

wwooooohoo!

ah he ah he ah he ah he!!!

hahahahahahahahahaahah

I shouted while doing Step on THREE risers ( each side )
dragging my class through half of what I can do.

Then, I mowed a lawn on a hill
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 12:05 pm

Oh I would have passed regardless, Flora. I was just amazed at the difference.

This morning I wrestled a grizzly bear until he cried uncle. You'd think a bear couldn't speak, but I guess the thrashing I gave him was exceptionally motivational. To be honest, he still had a pretty thick bear accent, but I let that slide.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:02 pm

PASHAW!!!!

My boss wrestled a REAL bear!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:07 pm

How'd that happen? I'm actually interested.

Yes, that's just a joke. I never fought a bear, except that one time I kicked Paddington's ass.

Also you can stop trying the wrestler's intimidation thing against me. I freely acknowledge that you'll probably beat the hell out of me. I just don't care. I fight well enough to preserve my dignity in the eyes of a bystander, anyway.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:21 pm

ahhhhhhhhhhLLLL ryte!

If, and only, if you insist
If you saw me mow that lawn, you'd know why I am so LOUD about it.

I have to hold the handle down low, put my chin on the top of the handle,
wear cleats and use EVERY muscles in the legs!

WAAAAAA HAAAAAAAA!!!!

My Boss. My Hero. My Friend.
( I tell this story when I sub his classes! His people get a BIG kick out of it!)

Once upon a time, Jonnie was at the state fair in Penn.

This was in the olden days, 30 years ago.

There was a bear at the fair called "Victor".

Victor was a short bear - just a few hundred pounds -
not a giant bear.

Victor had a keeper, a collar and a leash.

If you or anyone ( or Jonnie ) paid money, you would be allowed
to get into the ring with Victor and show what you think you know.

Jonnie said that he made a plan while he was in line waiting and watching.

I asked Jonnie what the plan was.

Jonnie said that he planned to go behind Victor.

I asked, "...and then,...what?".

Jonnie said that he didn't think any farther than that because he was 22 years old at the time.

I said, "oooooooooh!".

So, then, i asked, "Jonnie, what happened???????"

Jonnie said that he got into the ring and went behind Victor
and that
Victor just looked at him - running around the back, stuck out his paw,
roared, slammed Jonnie onto his back, put a bear foot on Jonnie's chest and roared
again.

Jonnie, also, said that he did not loose his girl friend - thankfully

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"   Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero" Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Performance enhancing aspect of being a "superhero"
Page 1 of 1