Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear   Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:00 am

I was 150 lbs for most of my life and over the last decade have slowly inched up to 180. Besides that gradual increase, my weight doesn't vary beyond about ten pounds... more when I'm happy, less when I'm not so much.

Smile

I wouldn't train to be a pack mule without feeling it was necessary to achieve some personal goals, honestly... we probably weren't made for that. But being able to sprint and cover distance on foot in daily life is always a good thing. We were made for that.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear   Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Oct 15, 2010 10:17 am

yeah.... well, it's kinda fun and somewhat goal oriented. my goal and yours run somewhat parallel with one another. and pack mule isn't on that agenda.... sprinting is cool and all, I actually add the weight to go up hill and traverse the creek. all in the hopes of a little bit of that Mario Bros. leaping action.

note; I can personally guarantee that if you ever get caught riding a rock in a landslide and you somehow jump from it to another moving rock after which you leap for the rock that's stuck in the ground....... only to slip and fall on your back..... and you've ever played a Mario game. well, you know that music? I heard it when that happened

no joke

aside from the jumpy thing, I just like to push myself and expand my limits. you know... weighted gear, outrageous treks, maybe some sparring....... then I start working with the boys and the Nerf swords when they're not evil.

occasionally, for recreation I take an IQ test........ 3 or 4 times just so I can average out the score. the last one didn't even have questions. it was all in the form of three sets of patterns with the last place on the third open and six or eight options. six minutes, twenty questions and not a Flarb or Floog in sight
Back to top Go down

Physical Training to Wear Body Armor and Heavy Gear
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2