Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motovation

Go down 
+8
Urban Avenger
Ako
Zimmer
Gauge
Superhero
Nite Watch
Equal
Trixus
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:06 pm

as in how do you stay/get motivated to workout
I am having motovation problems lately seeing as I have always "been good enough"
as a martial art practiconer since a young age,and having gotten in the middle of a few gang wars
I generaly feel apathy that "I will be fine" but I know I need to get back in better shape

so how does every one motivate themselves to work out?
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:33 pm

Its pretty easy for me, the hardest part is just getting to the gym.

I just go to the gym. Also If I feel like pussying out I watch something like 300 or sparatacus on the starz on demand and then I go to the gym.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:07 am

I will write a long post on this tomorow/later if I can get enough sleep first.
Back to top Go down
Nite Watch

Nite Watch

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:18 am

I don't go to the gym to work out, I got a copy of that P90X from one of my friends so I use that to work out.
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:22 pm

I dont mean just to go to the gym I mean to wrok out in general I'm 100 reistance workout all I need is a wall and I can work out all day
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:37 pm

Well then, basically it takes about 1-2 hours of something like Spartacus a week.

If I see grown men with a better body than mine it pisses me off and makes me hate myself enough to workout hard daily.

The best routine I have ever done was crossfit. I have used p90x and that was good as well. Crossfit is the shit though but its so hard you basically need a partner to stay motivated, that is the only routine I have trouble with self-starting.

NEVER underestimate the value of a good partner either, they make you go when you don't feel like it and vice versa, plus you get competition.

Heavy metal music like dragonforce and crazy movies with battles.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:59 pm

After awhile you get to the point where it's part of your nature, Your daily routine, you're upset if you don't go.

Hell I've made it to the gym on 4 hours of sleep after a full days work on the philosophy that "it's better to be tired than Tired & guilty"

I remember when I first started lifting almost 30 years ago now. A big dude. Jimmy, told me "If you make it thru the first 6 months you're home free" because that's when you start seeing gains (A little) & that motivates you & you stay with it.

So I'm telling you the same thing now.

Last edited by Superhero on Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 6:56 pm

ive done more than the last year working out i jsut recently stopped in the last few months
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:02 pm

Install a bowflex in your local donut shop
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:03 pm

awesome and I could too I know the owners
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 10:50 pm

I try and spell things correctly. Also I don't live a dirty lie on the Internet. These things help me stay in good spirit and enthusiasm about life.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:08 pm

Haven't had enough rest, so the long answer will have to wait.

The short answer:
Thought control: Love yourself, love your body and you'll love to work out.
Be polite and you'll love yourself even more.

The pratice of martial arts IS to be in shape. Budo is to always be prepeared for battle. And death. You want people to remember you as the guy in the king size coffin?
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:35 pm

Quote :
I try and spell things correctly. Also I don't live a dirty lie on the Internet. These things help me stay in good spirit and enthusiasm about life.

Ok...

I gotta ask... Huh?
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:58 am

"Motovation"...nuff said for Zimmer.

Honestly, if whatever motivates you to devote your life to the betterment of mankind doesn't motivate you to work on the necessary parts of your mission, ie fitness, well, dunno what to say on that. The motivation ought to be the same.
Back to top Go down
Ako

Ako

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:10 am

for me it helps to have a training partner.. or a few.. i guess it could be a competition thing.. i think of it more as ill feel like an ass if theyre training and im not.
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:20 am

yeah I'm spoiled now by having a awesome training partner. I've had some good ones over the years.
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:18 am

Training partners are great! I had to have elbow surgery, I pinched a nerve doing preacher curls and then fell off a military vehicle and messed it up more.

I just got back a few weeks ago, took a good year of rehab.

I wish I had a partner getting back into it. My old partner Tom is going to a gym 40 minutes from my gym now and he is a full time student.

Right now I am focusing on cardio, box jumps box jumps box jumps. Did I mention you should do alot of box jumps?

Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:29 am

Start talking to a really cute girl. That's what I do.

Of course, that's what I do anyways... but that's not the point.

I need external motivation to be honest with you. There might be something wrong with me, but I don't know what.
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:46 am

Nothing wrong with you at all, or with anyone who needs external motivation. As long as you do what you need to that is all that matters.
Back to top Go down
Versus

Versus

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:50 pm

Trixus wrote:
If I feel like pussying out I watch something like 300

You mean you're painting on abs in the locker room..? j/k (Sexiest movie ever)
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:51 pm

so training partner,flirting,box jumps,betterment of man kind
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:06 pm

Just being in a good Gym enviroment anyway. I notice a lot of guys who do this buy a lot of their own workout gear, then find a dark Closet to workout in & I just don't get it. Some of the best friends, Oprtunities, all kinds of stuff over the years I've gotten at the Gym. And that's before you even get to having a good partner part of it. Your Gym should be like the Cheers bar if you're in a good one.
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:12 pm

Im currently in sanora texas(no fun work till im in austin) and there is no gym I have no equipment,and no partner ,but i use reistance workouts so im okay with most of that
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:09 pm

Most of my colleagues are in their 20's and early 30's, so I have all the motivation I need to stay in top shape.
Back to top Go down

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:51 pm

I like hearing Crimson Raptor giggle when I teach him how to beat the crap out of people.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motovation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Motovation
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: