Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Motovation

Go down 
+8
Urban Avenger
Ako
Zimmer
Gauge
Superhero
Nite Watch
Equal
Trixus
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Motovation - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:41 am

Trixus wrote:
Its pretty easy for me, the hardest part is just getting to the gym.

I just go to the gym. Also If I feel like pussying out I watch something like 300 or sparatacus on the starz on demand and then I go to the gym.

SPARTACUS ON STARZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YASSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:43 am

Gauge wrote:
Install a bowflex in your local donut shop

Gauge, this is brilliant.

Maybe we could approach Dunkin' and make it natiowide...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:44 am

Zimmer wrote:
I try and spell things correctly. Also I don't live a dirty lie on the Internet. These things help me stay in good spirit and enthusiasm about life.

That would be, "I try TO spell things correctly..."
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:48 am

White lion,

I think that the finest motivator that I can offer you is trips to the nursing home.

It's better if you know about weightlifting before you go.

Once you know that weightlifting can prevent most of what is
horribly wrong with those people,
you will NEVER skip your work out EVER
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:47 pm

awesome thanks flora you are always helpful and supportive
Back to top Go down
Ako

Ako

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 6:19 pm

WL we have some workout gear at my HQ.. bowflex, pull up bar, dumbbells and such.. and i live there so the partner thing would be covered as well. if ur serious about doing this thing id be happy to help. bob knows i need to be hitting it harder as well.. after my recent injury i havent been doing as much as i should.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2011 4:56 am

I'm sure we could come up with some times to do it normaly im very serious i need to get back inot fighting shape hatsumi-sensi says the first step to martial arts is good health
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:56 pm

Cardio six days a week, lift twice a week with two days in between, skills every day
Back to top Go down
Golden Uriel

Golden Uriel

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:34 pm

Trixus wrote:

I watch something like 300

Trixus watches this if he doesnt go and I watch it so that I will go Surprised I have that movie on a loop...just joking CH.

Actually the hammer and I try to motivate one another and encourage each other to workout and do Hapkido. I think it helps to have a partner for sure. Also it is good if you can break things up... do strength training and then go for a walk or bike ride if you dont go to a gym.

Dont get discouraged because you are not alone. It is hard to get up and not be lazy. Im not motivated most of the time but then I push myself to do it because It is good for my emotional and physical well being. I think that if you start at least 3 times a week doing something, by the 3rd week, you will want to cotinue it. Those first few weeks are tough though- make it through them and you will be fine.

Good Luck

Back to top Go down
Golden Uriel

Golden Uriel

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 2:41 pm

ChristianHammer wrote:
I like hearing Crimson Raptor giggle when I teach him how to beat the crap out of people.

I dont like the sound of that...making a raptor giggle. What about when I giggle? I thought I was your motivating factor for everything you do I love you Your such a laugh whore
Back to top Go down
The Ambassador

The Ambassador

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Whitelion wrote:
as in how do you stay/get motivated to workout
I am having motovation problems lately seeing as I have always "been good enough"
as a martial art practiconer since a young age,and having gotten in the middle of a few gang wars
I generaly feel apathy that "I will be fine" but I know I need to get back in better shape

so how does every one motivate themselves to work out?

Hey Lion I know exactly what you mean. I know for me it has always been about drive to get in shape... but as far as staying motivated one thing would be to set a reasonable goal and then set different goals. But even better still get an exercise buddy, it helps when you have someone to egg you on a little, or encourage you etc. plus knowing that someone else is there with you and they want to work out too.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:34 pm

it helps even more to eat a whole meal and then, wait two hours until it is in your
blood stream.
Then, you're going to find your self READY TO GO!!!

( and time all of your water in take)
Back to top Go down
Trixus

Trixus

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 am

I was on a roll with spinning in the morning and insanity at night since I got back from Colorado, and while I was in Colorado I was climbing daily. Now I have the flu, I am pissed.

Now I can catch up on some soon to be overdue papers. I will probably be in college or graduate schools until I am 40.

Another thing you can do is set a goal, like a paid entry race or event and shoot for personal records. I am trying for the tough mudder in December. I have 2 friends that always shoot for PR's in marathons and they are in great (cardio) shape as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:24 am

Incentive is the name of the game. Find something, or someone, that will give you a reason to do it. Self-motivation is very difficult and while it can be rewarding, knowing that your girlfriend will appreciate the better body you are aiming for always helps too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Motovation   Motovation - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Motovation
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation-
Jump to: