Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch

Go down 
+8
E0N (Inactive)
Blue Alpha
Saint Hood
Zimmer
Flora V. Arbor
Enviroman
the crimson fist
Un-named_Hero
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:19 am

My mom. She used this online height/weight thing because she thinks I'm starving to death or something. It says that someone of my height should weigh at least 120 lbs. I think my mom is just overreacting. She wants me to gain a few pounds to prove I'm not trying to starve myself to death or something. Do I look like I have an eating problem? I don't think so.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:31 am

I weighed 125 when I was working out and I hover around 115 now. If you work out you'll slowly build weight and muscle.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:35 am

Thanks, I've been trying to do that, but have kinda slacked off after I lost that metal bar thing I was doing chin-ups on, and I've been having to wake up at like, 5:00AM every weekday morning, and I'm tired on the weekend. I'm going to have to get back to doing my workout sometime soon, probably tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:38 am

Workouts can be really boring if you're not doing it for a sport. I was exercising to get better at parkour, which is really difficult, so that kept pushups and whatnot from getting dead boring.
Back to top Go down
Jack Shadow

Jack Shadow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:40 am

I lift things up and put them down.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 am

I like parkour. Why walk around something when you can just jump over it?
Back to top Go down
Sleepless

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:38 am

Shadow boxing, or hitting a bag, with high weight on is a good way to build muscle density quickly, good for endurance. I use 20lbs a limb and 60 on my chest, I started at 5lbs a limb and 20 on my chest. Work your way up over the course a few months and you'll put on a good 5-20lbs. (Depending on your starting weight.)
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:12 pm

height weight charts are drivel.

If you aren't yellow, crusty, full of sores or breaking right and left,
you are fine.

When first working out, thin people can, EASILY, get leaner.

Focus on health ( strength, cardio, sleep, food, being clean )
and let yoru self be the size that you are.

Zimmer, I am covering my eyes because I CANNOT read that ANY workout is boring!!!!!

Jack Shadow, VERY good!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:20 pm

Your mom most likely fond a BMI calculator or table. BMI is bullshit. But build some muscle anyway. It'll make your life way better when you get older, and muscles on chicks is I love you
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:39 pm

^ yeah, that's what she found. I need to get some muscle anyways, I plan on stopping drug dealers later on, and I could use all the help I can get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:10 am

The nut keeps telling me she wants to see me at 130, and I weigh 110. She's crazy if she thinks that's gonna happen anytime soon. I keep trying to tell her that I'm perfectly healthy, but she thinks she knows better.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:01 am

Internet always knows best
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:09 am

That's were she got the stupid idea that I need to gain 20 pounds to be healthy. I am just fine the was I am, she needs to quit bugging me to death, I think she's just jealous that I look nice and she needs to lose weight.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:47 pm

seirously, girl,

thin, makes hate happen, especially in the older generation.

I really like hanging out with the young people
and their total lack of hate for fatness.

After growing up and hating my body and bothering to spend the brain space hating the food in my stomach
( no, I was never a barfer - no career as a ballerina here Wink ),
i do enjoy just focusing on health and abilities no matter the size.

Love yourself and just workout.
People will hate.
It's a form of a compliment

sigh

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 12:55 pm

But internet said...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:13 pm

Who the heck cares? The Internet is contradicting itself right now! All it is people's ideas! BMIs are dumb! I am just fine the way I am, and my mom is just a control freak that wants to take over my life, and if she thinks she's going to, then she really is crazy.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:17 pm

rowlf arf arf arf

woooooo

awooooo
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 2:10 pm

^ what is going on? Neutral
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:56 pm

I was answering Dogman in his own language.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:02 am

it was almost 5 years ago i got cancer of the lymph nodes. i was in bad shape. doctors turned me away because i had no money for them. i was left to die.once a muscle bound guy at 175 pounds shriveled down to 120 lbs.i almost gave up hope. i knew i was dieing.lucky my vietnamese friends came to my rescue with healing herbal medicine.i was in so much pain i was ready to die.one thing kept me holding on and that was my super hero friends.i was determined to fight the cancer and live again.
as you can see now i have beaten it with out any radiation or treatments i could not get .i guess that is a good thing.i have now regained my diolistics and systolic rating of an olympic champion.i am up to 170 lbs now and trimming away a bit of belly fat due to having to force feed myself these last few years.
fear not pretty ladies the gut will melt off in the Florida heat in no time.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:11 am

WOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!
Master Legend!

You NEVER cease to amaze me!!!

A saint you truly are!
Back to top Go down
Un-named_Hero

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2011 12:56 am

Thanks for all the feedback guys!

I do know I'm going to need to lift a LOT of weights. Any good workout regimens for beginners that work all parts of the body with emphasis on muscle building (versus weight loss)?

Also, for clarity the surgical/physical condition, I was born without an esophagus, so one was 'built' for me out of part of my stomach, resulting in a very small stomach. I don't know all the details, but apparently it works akin "having your stomach stapled'' (according to my parents when they explained it to me as a kid). I don't know how exactly it affects my ability to gain weigh other than by not being able to each much food at one time, though I'm sure there was something else to it. To be honest I don't recall exactly.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:42 am

Eat every two hours, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch   Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Building muscle/mass virtually from scratch
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2