Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos

Go down 
+2
The Reverend
Red Dragon
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Empty
PostSubject: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:26 am

Just a few videos that I've put together. I'm still going to be working on more...

Against Rear Underarm Bearhug:

Against Front Headlock

Back to top Go down
The Reverend

The Reverend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:33 pm

Good stuff brother . I'm looking forward to more
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 7:54 pm

Let me know if there's anything you guys want me to cover...
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Maybe add that those technices take practice to master under pressure.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:29 pm

Dogman wrote:

I'm not going to say that they will work perfectly under pressure, since just about anything can go wrong at any time. (See Murphy's Law)

I will say that these aren't difficult and the necessary level of "mastery" required to successfully use these techniques is pretty low. It's the point of showing simple techniques that have few steps to achieve the desired goal. The more steps involved, the longer it takes to "master" the overall technique. I pretty much will be staying away from those.

Last edited by Red Dragon on Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:09 pm

I love the separate camera angles!
Good stuff, man!

In Kenpo, they taught us to smach the top of the hands
with a dragon fist first and then do what you showed.

For the second one, I'd use a upper cut to the diaphragm first
but I LOVE the turn-escape!
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Thank you for these videos!

This needs to be said: I have heard a lot of (not all, but most) new RLSH talk about their weapons, but I never hear them talk about self-defence.

No one should step out of their door with the intent to patrol their city without first knowing how to defend themselves in hand-to-hand combat. A weapon should never be relied upon as a first resort; rather, it should be classified as an aide only.

So great post, RD! Hopefully, these videos will set a good example.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue May 03, 2011 3:04 pm

I go on and on about self-defense!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Tue May 17, 2011 8:58 pm

Very good stuff. You obviously know what you're doing, and that's a relief.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2011 3:46 pm

Back when I wrestled (high school and college age - wow, that was a long time ago!), that first move was sort of one of my "signature" moves. First time I pulled it on the wrestling coach in high school, he just stared at me like he had no idea who I was.

*chuckles*

Granted, I'm too old and broken to be doing much fighting any longer...
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:43 pm

@Big Simon,

You can defend yourself at any age. The older we get, the less we rely on brute strength and the more we rely on tactical thinking and technique.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:56 am

Oh, I'm not too old to defend myself. I'm just too old to go out looking for a scrap.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 23, 2011 9:00 am

Dogman wrote:

Not just that, they require being trained WHILE under pressure. That do 10,000 side kicks to master side kicks falls apart real quick when you try to do a side quick while being hit back.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:45 pm

train the muscles first. then, train the skills
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos   Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Red Dragon's Self-Defense Videos
Page 1 of 1