Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Tactical Handgun Defense Training

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Tactical Handgun Defense Training Empty
PostSubject: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:57 am

Dad has started the whole family on tactical handgun tactics and said we are going to do this more often. Today the biggest thing we worked on was tactical loading and speed loading.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:21 pm

You plan on getting shot at??

I personally dont need to learn how gun disarment, as for i am like neo and have no need to dodge bullets.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 pm

Wasn't my idea. I actually don't train with them too often and focus more on hand to hand combat, nunchuks, (only effective if you know how to use them properly), Bo Staff, escrima sticks, and knives; primitive crude weapons that can be found anywhere in your surroundings with some minor improvisation.

Dad is expecting we'll get shot at; I think.

He seems worried; he's never really sat the whole family down like he did and drill us on special forces combat shooting before. He told us of a local russian family he was around a while back and told us they have a full armory and that they're going to be our biggest threat when Teotwawki happens; that they'd go from house to house 20 men strong taking supplies by force. My fathe rseemed scared. He heard about something or saw signs of something that has him scared.

Today I learned how to use corners and obstacles for cover. Don't approach a doorway too close, keep your distance and move so you can see a little bit of the room at a time; a "bite" of the room as they called it, make sure there isn't a threat, then proceed with the next little piece of room. This is called slicing the pie, if there's someone waiting to ambush you, you don't want to be in the room or anywhere near it. A gun is a long range weapon designed so that you don't have any need to get close to someone who wants to kill you.

We did more training with the tactical loading and speed loading. Tactical loading is when you're in a gun fight and you fire off some rounds, reach for another magazine, holding it between your two middle fingers, releasing the mag in the gun using your index and thumb to hold it and put it in your pocket; not in a puch; you want to be quick and smooth; before putting the mag in your pocket you reload the other magazine, the fresh one. The one you took out still has ammo in it, but you don't know how much and you need to keep fighting, which is why it's called a tactical reload; you can continue the fight quickly with a full magazine without running out of ammo. In a post pandemic situation I'll have four mags on me; that should be more than enough for a single violent encounter involving multiple armed assailants.

We also learned how to quickly deal with handgun malfunctions, like if a bullet gets jammed and is sticking up out of the gun or when two bullets are trying to chamber themselves into the same place at the same time. You don't want your gun to malfunction in an emergency situation and if it does you need to know how to deal with instinctively, smoothly, and quickly; without wasting any time fumbling around.

It was another hour today; my hands are a little bruised and really sore from holding it so much, dry firing with targets that rolled across the screen, and manipulating the guns and magazines. Dad says it's because my hands aren't used to handling guns and haven't developed the muscles needed to do it without my hands getting sore. He's  a fifty year old big game hunter, ex military and was training for the Navy SEALs. His hands are rugged and colloused beyond belief. My hands look like dainty little girl hands compared to his haha. But not as much as the used too; they've added a few layers from firefighting over the summer.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:18 pm

woooooo, way too many words for me. Im just gonna nod and pretend to know what your talking about

Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil   <---- only face that was nodding.

that sounds more like military training than gun disarming.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 10:54 pm

I never mentioned disarming.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:14 pm

Your father probably already mentioned carrying a mirror or other reflective surface with you, then; SAS troops carry mirrors, so they can see around corners in such a situation.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sat Dec 28, 2013 11:21 pm

We haven't learned that yet. We were taught to stay away from corners because there could be someone waiting to ambush you just around a corner, so you Slice the Pie from a distance instead.

My father trains us some, but most of what we're learning is from the DVD series.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 4:40 am

This is the DVD he has us on at the moment.

Tactics for Self Defense, from Gunsite

Close Quarter Tactics

Tactical Pistol I

Concealed Carry I

A Stoney-Wolf Production.

On the back it reads:

Close Quarter Tactics is a must for all law enforcement and military personnel as well as defense oriented individuals. Emphasizes surviving close quarter engagements at conversational and personal contact ranges involving handgun, long gun, and subgun. Join the instructors of Gunsite Academy as they introduce you to the world of close quarter encounters. Additionally, impact weapon, edged weapon, and grappling skills are also introduced.

Tactical Pistol I

Learn the elements of self defense with a handgun. Learn how to safely and effectively use a handgun to control your immediate environment during a life threatening crisis. Whether you are a novice or seasoned shooter, the elements of pistol deployment, marksmanship, immediate action drills, and tactical firing are covered in this DVD. Includes dry-fire practice sessions and tactical reactive simulations.

Concealed Carry I

Learn the advantages and limitations of various concealed carry methods, including: holsters, handbags, waist packs, and brief cases. Professional instructors explain and demonstrate topics including selection of concealed carry equipment, deployment from concealment, safety and tactics, and much more.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 8:00 pm

Matrix!! I studied human anatomy once again (my mother is a doctor) and Invented an attack that will disable an enemy. First, you gotta sway his hands that was protecting his face or chin. Then, grab his collar and punch him in the nose. Pull of a karate chop in his supra orbital nerve which was located on his forehead. Then use both your hands to chop off his supraclavicular nerve which was located on both sides of the neck. Now that he is neutralized, shove him or do a knee strike. Now, he's probably taken down without much blood flying out of his nose.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:00 pm

I know a better, more effective method: Kick him in the balls then run away and hide.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Stick to basic techniques when defending yourself. In a real encounter you're adrenaline decreases your motor skills and thinking processes. Be quick, hard, and simple. It'll take them a couple moments to recover from getting kicked in the balls; he'll keel over and may even fall to the ground. Kick him hard enough in the balls and you could cause serious internal damage to his organs, never hurt anyone unless you are in genuine fear for your life. Always run away and hide before the encounter begins, or create an oppertunity to do so, (Such as taking advantage of the few moments it'll take him for his balls to stop throbbing to run away as fast as you can to a safe, public, well lit area. Call the police immediately afterwards and inform them of everything that happened so there is already a report made in the event that the guy whose balls you kicked doesn't call the cops himself and say you did it for no reason. If anyone saw what happened get their names and phone numbers because the incident could easily wind up going to court, so make sure you have a darn good reason for doing whatever you did; this goes for everything in life.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 9:33 pm

Nice but sometimes I want to take down foes with style but I'll consider that one too. What if he placed a stone on his brief? I'll be screwed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:09 pm

It doesn't matter if he's wearing a cup. Cups are used n dojos and sports under controlled condition, not meant for genuine attack. Regardless, the goal is to stop him for a moment to buy some time to get a head start in a safe direction. He will still bend over in an instictive human reaction to protect that area.

FORGET 'style'. One is not a superhero to impress people or look pretty. You're in it for the wrong reasons if you want to look stylish and cool. In real violent encounters, fancy style will get you hurt or killed and your adrenaline will impair your ability to be fancy. Style is NOT a priority.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:12 pm

It requires too much thought, effort, and time. Every move you make should be no longer than a second, max.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:15 pm

Yes sir. How do I have grip on myself when I have a violent encounter with foes?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:19 pm

Run away.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:21 pm

Better to not put yourself in the situation in the first place.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:53 pm

Why do you think god created me and placed me in this country where justice is not served and instead, corrupt authorities took place and became kings? Do you think I am here to stop those guys?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:17 pm

I don't believe there is any reason for any of us being anywhere at a particular time. I don't believe god placed you anywhere, I don't believe in god and I don't believe in free will. 

It just happened to be that you were born where you were when you were. It's not my place to tell you what you should do with your life. Putting those you care about at risk is wrong. If you seek out trouble and danger, you will find it. And if you die, then there's nothing you can do with the rest of your life. You would blow up every chance of being able to really make a difference. Why? Because you wanted to play hero like in the comic books.

If that's why you believe you are here, who am I to stop you? I can only suggest you find ways of helping people that don't put yourself and others at risk.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:21 pm

May I ask you a question? How would you explain the leaves where they found the image of lady of Guadalupe? How about that holy body of Christ (which was eaten during a mass. It was just a.. Just search it on Google.) That transforms into human flesh?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:57 pm

Lol, you show me proof. XD

Christians believe that their God is omniscient and knows everything, everything that has happened, everything that will happen, and every one of your thoughts before you think it. If this is the case, I'm still right: There is no free will.

They also believe their God is omnipotent, and can do anything. If that is the case, God hasn't lifted a finger to stop any of the disasters and massacres and plagues on earth and is a sociopath who's just watching our misery from a distance.

But if that's not the case, and your God is not in fact omnipotent and omniscient, then he is not a god, and therefore, does not exist.

They also believe in life after death. They'll ask someone like me, an Atheist, "Well then what happens when you die?" I answer: "What happened before you were born? Nothing in the Bible says anything about this. Explain near death and death experiences from people and ask why they never told of any gods, heaven, or angels?

Religion has often been used just to explain the unexplainable. The Greeks said Posiedon created the earthquakes, which we now know is simply due to shifting tectonic plates. What happens when we can prove and you can't deny the Big Bang Theory, Evolution, Carbon dating, which all have vast amounts of logic behind them that it's hard to deny that they are true. This is called the "God of the Gaps Theory".

People believe whatever they are told to believe. Why do you believe your faith, BESIDES the reason of being raised and taught it? Do you believe in Allah? The Muslim God? Probably not. But you would, had you been raised Muslim, and you would INSIST that it was true, and you'd kill innocent Americans because that is what you were taught was good and right.

In the case of the Bible, often entire stories, versus, and anecdotes were completely falsified to make a point. Even the Holy Trinity concept is a fabrication not created by any god but for political reasons by a zealot named Theophilius of Antioch in 412 AD.

Religion has been used more to control the masses than to enlighten them.  From the Christian Crusades to the modern day Suicide Bombings of the Muslim Faith. The Bible, much of it, was a political document written and designed to intimidate and control the primitive peoples of those times and has no place in the twenty first century with much more rational, logical, and civilized human beings IMHO.

Also, the Devil was not present in religious texts until the nomadic monotheists ran into polytheists and borrowed the idea.

One does not need religion to be Moral and Ethical. Don't believe me? Animals, which have absolutely no understanding of the Human Concept of religion, clearly demonstrates a sense of ethics and morality all on their own.

The mortal enemy of faith is knowledge. The basis of every religion is that you must believe something someone else tells you to be true, even though your mind may tell you it's a lie and makes no sense. This is called Fideism. Without fideism, the concept of religion could not exist.

I'm an Atheist and a scientist.

As an Atheist, I do not follow a path of belief, but a lack of belief. I have nothing to prove, (except that god doesn't exist). But on the other hand, Theists claim to know what will happen to me when I die, and so, logically, the much much more higher burden of proof rests upon them, not me.

So that brings me back to my first statement: You show me proof, lol. Use facts and science to proove me wrong and that your God truly does without a doubt, exist.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:05 am

Judaism, Christianity and Islam are the only religions I believe that exists. How about you do some research about the miracles. And you know what? You are scaring me of what will happen after everyone dies. How about the existence of ghosts?
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:15 am

If god spoke to you and said "John, my son, why did you neglected me througout your life?" Are you gonna believe him?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:42 am

I would first have to believe in God to recognize any entity as god , so no, probably not.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:50 am

But you celebrate Christmas? What if a lot of Christians knocked at your door and ask you to join them in their religion?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tactical Handgun Defense Training   Tactical Handgun Defense Training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Tactical Handgun Defense Training
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next