Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Start Training now, RLSH Later

Go down 
+13
Flora V. Arbor
Vampireto!
Proteus
Zimmer
Urban Avenger
Artisteroi
Kaiju
DRock
E0N (Inactive)
Equal
Polarman
Gauge
Wolfe
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:40 pm

Let's not go there Razz
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:59 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:06 am

Rooftops are useful if you can do it well. You're not going to be able to do Batman stuff AKA jump across to another rooftop over 2 lanes of traffic, use a grapple gun, run after a car at 60 mph, jump down more than the second story or other WTF comic book moments.

However, I have used rooftops as a great perch for surveillance of high crime areas and have gotten down in time to help out. Three were a second story rooftop and another was a fifth story.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:10 am

Zimmer, you're probably the only person I could ever believe would be capable of that stuff. Mostly because I've seen so much fototage of you doing it!
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:14 am

Hey, I was the goddamn Batgirl before Joker shot me in the spine.

Bitchez be havin nothin to say about me in the doc.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:16 am

What? There's plenty of your rooftop antics in the doc.

Unless I'm totally misinterpreting your slang, O.Z.
Back to top Go down
Proteus

Proteus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

I believe that he is saying that in the doc he's the shiz.

I wanna see that doc... Got it cued up on Netflix...
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:30 am

All I'm saying is I was doing handstand pushups, running along rooftops, fighting samurai women, administering emergency first aid and stopping drunk drivers in the documentary.

While the rest of you...you know. Talked about REALLY important stuff!

(Joking. Kind of. Mostly.)
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:34 am

Hey I'm in there too!

For a few seconds. But wait until that shit hits HBO.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:37 am

I want to see the documentary recut to be about mostly just the NYI. But maybe I'm biased.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:39 am

Maybe, sadly it is mostly going to be recut about the XJL.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:44 am

It's kind of like watching Die Hard get cut together with Super Troopers.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:45 am

Hey....
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:52 am

Or like if someone made a documentary about firefighters, cut together with a documentary about male strippers who dress up like firefighters.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:54 am

Okay NOW we're talkin!
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:56 am

I say that to make fun of others, but actually I am the only person in the documentary that actually dresses in the manner of a male prostitute.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 12:58 am

And how!
Back to top Go down
Vampireto!

Vampireto!

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 10:43 am

Just put the link of the docmental already!

But coming back to the issue at hand: I know my way around karate and kick boxing, but the moment I see a gun I better get away the fastest as possible and call the police. (not very heroic, but smart!). Then again you could train to run and dial faster!

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 3:45 pm

In this day and age, you can pull up stuff on the youtubies and copy.

I know many people who, in the olden days used to train with a book from the library.

Stuff that seems silly actually does give you new reflexes.
It takes six weeks of steady training to stimulate the new nerve endings.

Also, "Bad Lads Army" shows the use of non-harming restraint techniques - not for training.
It shows guys, really restraining a teen and not hurting him
Back to top Go down
Wolfe

Wolfe

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:27 pm

Is the RLSH Documentary availible online? If so , where?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:46 pm

No its currently touring around the country. It'll be in san fransisco soon. Look them up on facebook for a schedule. August 8th it will be on HBO and then netflix. And it may hit theaters in the fall. I'm not 100% sure on that one.
Back to top Go down
Kaiju

Kaiju

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:47 pm

I know I read that somewhere...though apparently it won't be in theaters long.
Back to top Go down
Wolfe

Wolfe

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:56 pm

And what , exaclty is the doc. called? and where is it on fb?
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 25, 2011 6:57 pm

Superheroes the documentary. I don't have the exact page, just search for it on there.
Back to top Go down
Lunar Veil

Lunar Veil

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2011 2:27 am

Zimmer: Not to start a flame war, but I am getting incredibly sick and tired of your attitude. Deflate your ego and put it into check. You are not the only person here who matters, and you are not the standard to which every RLSH must measure up. Also, the N.Y.I. is far from being the only effective organisation within the RLSH community.

True story.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Start Training now, RLSH Later   Start Training now, RLSH Later - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Start Training now, RLSH Later
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next