Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
LaFemme

LaFemme

Category :
  • Public Service

Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Empty
PostSubject: Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.    Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 3:02 am

This week I'm going to start my extreme couponing trips to make out survival packs for Proteus, and I to hand out to the homeless. So far the list of things that I want to include is Basic toiletries, and other random Dry foods. Usually when you coupon you get a lot of snack foods that don't need to be in the fridge, and a lot of times if you plan right it can come out to next to nothing out of your pocket. If you are someone who does survival kits for the homeless, and would like some tips on how to save money on these kits. Please just drop me a line, and i'll be happy to give you any advice I can provide. Very Happy

Here is a website that really helps, and even gives you examples of some couponing trips.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

-La Femme Very Happy

P.S. Also because it's back to school time, there are a lot of sales on tons of back to school items. Those donations would be really appreciated to families that can't afford the items requested by alot of schools Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.    Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:24 am

Honestly, if you can find some cheap military-style can openers, you'd be surprised how cheap canned food can be for a hand-out, considering how there is always some form of edible canned food on sale with coupons at any given time.

It's just a matter of good transportation then...
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.    Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 4:40 am

Good post LaFemme and crimson fist has a great idea. Wonder if there is a place one could get a bunch of P38s cheap?

Back to top Go down
LaFemme

LaFemme

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.    Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:26 pm

That's very true crimson, and you can basically work out to get those can openers for free at a drug store if you line up your coupons and catalinas correctly.

@Hazemat thank you Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.    Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Couponing for Homeless Survival kits.
Page 1 of 1