Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying Equal

Go down 
+8
Urban Avenger
Havoc
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
Super-Nova
Hazmat
Polarman
Equal
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:39 pm

To get less lazy, I make a training log. Now all of you can see how lazy I am wtf lol!!!!111

Been some of those weeks with big changes and not much me-time. Three weeks now with workout once a week. This is the worst day ever, because I had the opertunity to go to the gym, but didn't. I'm sitting here eating MEGA marshmallows instead (like marshmallows, but HUGE). Gonna get some oats after posting this. Well, I need some goals and stuff...

My last goal was to gain 10kg(22lbs), and it worked fine. Noticed it takes more effort to stay in shape now, but it made me stronger and I gave me more energy. Going to gain another 10kg when I'm satisfied with my stamina. Right now I'm mostly focused on stamina. Ideally I run for 30 mins five days a week. Since stuff is a bit messed at the time, I'll be happy with three days a week.

So my training week is/should be:
- 3 gym sessions: 5 min warmup, 15min lifting or streching and 30 min running or rowing
- 2-3 hours first aid drills or theory (yay for having somehwere to train first aid)
- Finishing the MEGA marshmallows so they can't tempt me anymore

I'll go eat my oats now. And some more MEGA marshmallows.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:13 pm

Try putting the marshmellows away for awhile and enjoy some nice juicy Marsh Mellons
Back to top Go down
Hazmat

Hazmat

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 04, 2011 4:25 pm

If you are going to let something laps, stick with the cardio. I have found that I will gain muscle mass pretty fast now that I have been big. Its like my body remembers -oh yeah, time to get strong- and it responds quickly. But the cardio I have to build again from the ground up every time.

That is how it is for me anyways.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:05 pm

cardio is going to be a big thing for me as well Hazmat...so please share any tips you may have.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:08 pm

At least 20 minutes a day at least three days a week is a good starting point. Also, running on a treadmill or riding a stationary bike is inferior to real running/biking in my personal opinion. All I'm really basing that on is the amount of improvement I've seen/experienced with both alternatives.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 12:23 pm

well thats straightforward, 3 times a week for at least 20 minutes...sounds doable! i will opt for running around an outdoor track and try to find hills too.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:36 pm

Damn, more MEGAs today. And beer. To my defese that was after four hours of moving furniture! The beer just was there, some body HAD to drink it! What if a kid got his hands on it and attemted to drive?!

Gonna go get more MEGAs.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 05, 2011 11:18 pm

ENJOY milk with your marsh mellows.

They only make you puffy and energetic.
They are not high in fat and
if you keep working out, they won't get stored as fat.

Get your workout into a habit and we will clean your diet up later.
it's not bad

CARIDOOOOO
CARDIOOOOOO
CARDIOOOOOOO

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 13, 2011 3:53 am

Warmup with a 5 min testing program. Scored 49.4 and advanced from above average to good.

Tested myself a little
pullups: 10, not bad considering all the weight I've gained
pushups: 17, should start training this stuff

Motivation ain't to awesome, so I had one of the instructors teach me something new. Arnolds. Now I can't lift my arms.

Tested myself on 800 on the track, but forgot to stop the damn watch. I was alo reminded why I stopped running short distances twenty+ years ago.

Now I'm gonna eat some MEGAs and have a nap.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Thu Oct 13, 2011 4:09 am

what are megas?

you need real food now.
Please, do pushups in sets of eight with 30 second in between
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:40 pm

Been doing so much I haven't found time logging it. I've had 30 hour first aid training, emergency
radio network training and have started training for sea/water search and rescue. Right now I'm out of MEGA marshmallows and eat a lot of oats (because it's cheap) and eggs (because I like it a lot). Been working on my stamina (because it suck), but haven't found as much time for workouts lately (because I'm LAZY).

Hopefull get more juice for the gym when I done with learning the skilz I'm working on.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2011 12:40 am

AH! the wonderful MEGA mallows!

good things there, sir!
Nice work too!
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Nov 18, 2011 11:15 am

I hate marshmallows
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:25 pm

Spent way to much time on getting skills, finaly went sweating again today. Been lifting stuff and 30 cardio. It was horrible!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:17 am

YAY!! YAY! YAY! EAT now. Hurt in two days. DO it again and it won't hurt

but EAT!!!!
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:58 pm

Some heavy weights today, streaching and somehow ran 14(!) laps in 30 minutes.

Never underestimate the powah of oats!
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2011 8:31 pm

OATS ROCK~!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:10 pm

Marshmallows and peanut butter.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:19 pm

AND OATS!
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 07, 2012 9:18 pm

I've gone back to morning workouts again. Only way I manage to squease it into my squedule. Been a lot expenses lately, so I have to work more. This morning i lifted stuff and did cardio. Nothing to brag about since I'm recovering from a terminal flu. It was terrible. Had it in my back, but because of my inability to sit still I haven't got rid of the back pain yet. And I haven't had MEGAs for months Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 07, 2012 10:41 pm

LIe down and twist at the waist with one knee up so that your knee goes

to the opposite side of your body toward the floor

not your foot...your knee

stay there for three minutes

then, switch slowly
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 12:21 am

Eww! Marshmallows AND peanut butter? omg... nooo! Wink

I I love you marshmallows on their own - or roasted with graham crackers (mmm!), but prefer honey + peanut butter, or jam + peanut butter if there is no honey. Cool \/

Haven't really been keeping track of my "workouts". Razz

I need to keep remembering to stretch and drink water.

Having my water bottle of lemon/lime-juice infused water helps clean things amazingly well, too. Smile

Been fighting off what I think might be a flu the past few days, but despite the significant lack of sleep I've had all week last week, I am surprisingly still extremely energetic and still have a really healthy appetite for good foods. Smile

Easter lunch today with the family was met with much yummy lamb, orzo, cooked beans, corn and baby carrots.

Yes, apparently my family eats Jesus for Easter. Laughing

Yay for lots of cycling / "patrolling" to sweat off all the yucky stuff, too! \mm/

~HS. :>

Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:08 am

WHEW!! YAY!!
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 09, 2012 1:27 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
LIe down and twist at the waist with one knee up so that your knee goes

to the opposite side of your body toward the floor

not your foot...your knee

stay there for three minutes

then, switch slowly

I got shown another stretch... it looks similar to this...perhaps you know it:

1. Sit upright with your legs straight out in front of you

2. Bring your right knee up to your chest.

3. Then aim your right knee down to the ground, pointing to your right. Your right leg should be at a less-than 45 degree angle.

4. Then take your left leg and bring your left foot back behind you so that it is laying flat on your left side (as tightly "back" and "behind" your body as you can make it) and your foot is pointing to the left. --Your left knee should / could be touching the arch of your right foot (it doesn't have to touch, but it can for sake of reference at this time).

5. By looking at the current position of your legs, you should see a makeshift "N" formed from the tip of your left toe, up to your left knee, to your waist and up to your right knee. --Your right toes should be pointing in the direction of your left knee, deforming the "N" into a strange and possibly archaic rune character. Cool

6. Place both hands behind you, supporting the top of your remaining body weight temporarily on your hands.

7. Lift your bum up, making sure that your "back" leg is still tightly bent at a less than 45 degree angle.

8. Take your left arm and place the back of your hand onto the small of your back (just above your tailbone). Keep your right hand supporting the rest of your body weight for the next few minutes.

9. Feel the burn. --It should pronounce itself on your upper thigh region.

This stretch is intended to give your knees some love. Especially if you do a great deal of cycling or heavy activity where your knees are being bent (like skiing on moguls, etc.), it will help to stretch the supporting muscles needed to give your knees strength and prevent them from complaining / hurting from lack of attention.

Cheers! Cool \m/

~HS.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:36 am

Marshmellows dipped in dijone mustard and then melted in a griled cheese and honey sandwich loaded with dill pickles A tall glass of pickle juice mixed with kool aid hot chocolate or boiled into tea
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Staying Equal Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Staying Equal
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation :: Training Logs-
Jump to: