Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Staying Equal

Go down 
+8
Urban Avenger
Havoc
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
Super-Nova
Hazmat
Polarman
Equal
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

Staying Equal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:05 am

Polarman wrote:
Marshmellows dipped in dijone mustard and then melted in a griled cheese and honey sandwich loaded with dill pickles A tall glass of pickle juice mixed with kool aid hot chocolate or boiled into tea

Um... Shocked

...Are you trying to be absolutely gross, Polarman?! Suspect

You are of course, not being serious, are you?? confused
Back to top Go down
Coliosis

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:08 am

I just started trying to lose weight this year. Here is a break down of what I do and how far i have come/to go.

Jan 14th.

Looked in the mirror completely disgusted with myself. 338lbs 6'1"... So right there I decided to cut out pop and fast food. I've never liked candy/sweets, so that wasn't an issue. Started doing sit ups between games when I would play CoD, using the stairs instead of the elevator at work, and started walking at the lake when weather permitted.

Febuary 10th. 332lbs

I decided to join a gym. But money was tight, but I found a gym for $20/mo that was perfect for me. I started going Mon-Fri. I started out by running on the elliptical for 20 minutes a day with the resistance at 6. Then lifting low weight/high reps with my upper body mon, wed, fri.... High weight/High reps lower body tue, thu (Because I've carried so much weight for so long, my legs are beastly)

Why I chose the gym I did: (not important to my routine, so you can skip if you don't care) Not crowded (I hate crowds, the more people in one place, the more likely something bad will happen) And the few people that did work out there when I got off work, 2 were cops. So that helped me not feel like I had to watch my back all the time.

Early to mid march I had plateaued at about 320lbs. So I worked with a personal trainer a couple times. Found out my diet was the main problem. I wanted results so fast that I was starving myself basically. I was losing motivation, energy was low. I was ready to quit.

from then until Today: (Today I weigh 307lbs)

I got these pills called Liporush to help with the energy. $70 a freaking bottle, but it was for a 2 month supply. They do what they are supposed to, but when the bottle runs out (because I'm cheap so Imma use them all lol) I am going to be switching to shakes.

Workout now: Still going mon-fri, still alternating upper and lower body, still low weight (upped a little from when I started) and still high weight on lower body.

Diet: I eat every 4hrs. Foods include: 6-8oz boneless skinless chicken breast, venison, or salmon. Cooked on the stovetop with no oils or marinade, just spices. Then I either mix it with salad (small amount of low fat ranch) or with traditional veggies like green beans, corn or peas.

Hope that helps someone.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 8:30 am

It's a gradual decline, but I can see you're making major headway. Might want to mix it up a bit with lean red meat for more complex proteins. And body weights while you do a five mile daily walk, increasing your carry load with each progressive week to trick your body into thinking you weigh more than you really do. And ditch the corn based products, the carbs turn into sugar which converts into body fat.

For more, talk to our resident nutritionist Flora V. Arbor. She could probably give you some more information and a better diet plan.

All in all, you're doing great. Keep it up.
Back to top Go down
Coliosis

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:27 am

^ thanks man. I didn't know about the corn. The trainer said that about fruit though. I'll def look into the body weights too... Money is tight due to a drunk without insurance smashing my custom ranger and my 240sx being a money pit just to keep daily drivable... So the only red meat I eat at the moment is venison because I have generous friends that like to hunt.

My relief came in at work so I got side tracked... I've upped my time on the elliptical to a minimum 35min at resistance lvl 7-8 (depending on how my legs feel)... which is approx 3miles says the machine. I never thought about walking with body weights too. Can't run/jog very much without the elliptical because I broke my ankle in 5 places and never had surgery about 7yrs ago. So after about 2 minutes it feels like it wants to snap with every impact.

Goal is 250lbs by Nov. From there I will decide if I want to try to get massive or keep losing. My whole dad's side of my family is either big and ripped or big and fat, just sick of being one of the fat ones lol... Thanks again, Leviathan.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon May 20, 2013 7:32 pm

Back in shape. The muscle is back, the fat is what it should be -ish and the stamina is back. Have managed to train twice a week, hope I'll mange to shove in another weekly session in the schedule, maybe some organized MA training. No aikido dojos nearby, so I'm considering to try hapkido as a subsitute, some say it's aiki-ish.

Marathon next year?
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:48 pm

Was going to do some workout this morning, but got called out on search. Luckily it was a missing white girl, so it finished quickly.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:22 pm

Been focusing more on stamina lately. Been wasting a lot of time resting that could be used saving lives.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 13, 2013 1:21 pm

stamina is 100x more important than strength.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staying Equal   Staying Equal - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Staying Equal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Real Life Superheroes - The Forum :: General Information :: Training & Preparation :: Training Logs-
Jump to: