Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

putting on fat?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2012 3:24 pm

i was wondering if anyone knows how much fat a day the body can put on. i drank a 30 rack of coors, an entire pizza and a couple bread rolls with butter and maybe even a bowl of pasta.. i was drunk Very Happy so i cant remember everything i devoured. But according to the calories i consumed i would have put on at 2 lbs of fat, according to calorie consumption.

So does anyone know how much fat the body can put on in one day, or stomach cycle or what ever its based on??
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2012 4:52 pm

There are plenty of factors to take into consideration.

It depends on your personal average of metabolic status.

Likewise (if I am not repeating myself) it also depends on your body type, whether or not you are an Ectomorph, Mesomorph or Endomorph or somewhere in between.

You would need to calculate your current weight based on what the average weight should be for your body type and then consult your doctor as well as a nutritionist to see what your daily caloric intake etc. should be.

It's by no means an easy thing to break down your own nutritional needs on a regular basis.

It's tons of math and tons of trying out various ways to see "what works" and "what doesn't".

My personal "way" I go by (which may or may not work for you) that seems to work for me is to consume the most needed daily amounts that my Iron Age ancestors were consuming (and perhaps a bit more here and there of the healthier things because of more modern necessities).

So long as you keep exercising on a daily basis, consuming enough amounts of carbohydrates, proteins, vitamins and minerals (etc.) at the correct times of day and allowing enough time for your body to get enough sleep at night, you should be in a decent nutritional regiment for what you need in no time.

There is an earlier thread where a bunch of us were discussing certain diet procedures that we felt were helpful for us.

I will try to dig it out and find it for you, if you are interested.

Cheers,

~HS. :>

P.S. In case you are interested, here is the thread: http://www.therlsh.net/t9497-pai-mei-diet Hopefully some of the info there will be useful for you (despite the tedious discussion between Flora and myself...hehe!). Laughing Cool --Speaking of which, Flora is also an amazingly well-versed professional Nutritionist. It might be helpful to chat with her further with regards to your queries. \m/ flower

Last edited by hiddensparrow on Thu May 31, 2012 4:58 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Added a thought.)
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Thu May 31, 2012 11:25 pm

SmileSmileSmile!
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:26 pm

The body puts on as much fat and YOU put into it...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:39 pm

not really.

a test was done in a college and another at a prison.

people were fed 10,000, yes, ten thousand calories a day.

They did NOT gain as much weight as predicted.

Why?

because the body is able to put on more muscle

and then, it needs more calories just to maintain that muscle
Back to top Go down
Legacy

Legacy

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:43 am

the beer will only give you a beer belly
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 24, 2012 2:56 am

Silly Legacy.
Beer bellies are genetic -mixed
w/ low exercise
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

putting on fat? Empty
PostSubject: Re: putting on fat?   putting on fat? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

putting on fat?
Page 1 of 1