Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

I want to be a hero

Go down 
+9
E0N (Inactive)
Instructor
Gauge
Flora V. Arbor
Equal
Silent Defender
Stephen Hannaway
placebo.
Kuaquer
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

I want to be a hero Empty
PostSubject: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:01 am

Hi, I'm new to the forum, I'm Argentine and I know very little English, I for some years behind me and obsessed with justice, I want to be a hero like batman, I want to study criminology and other sciences to be smarter, train all way to be invincible in melee fights and learn other arts, and gather courage when out at night to patrol the city founded a mask, hate crime, do any justice, but never kill, my question would be if I could tell if I have planned it may be possible, and that nesesito to do so. I'm new and my English is basic, Greetings.
Back to top Go down
placebo.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:00 am

Hi, Kuaquer.

idk if very many people here are into the Batman-style heroics, we're hella boring in comparison.
Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:52 am

speak for yourself Razz We're no batman, but this can still get pretty exciting... Good to hear that though Kuaquer! There is a lot of good training advice on these forms.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:52 am

Studying Criminology is a good life plan. First you must graduate in Law.

It is very important to study self-defense. But perhaps most important is to learn first aid. You should at least know to contain bleeding and do CPR. Being a hero is not just beat the villains, but also help those who are in trouble.

Never carry deadly weapons. In fact, it is best if you do not bring weapons of any kind. Your best weapon will be your intelligence, and a telephone to call police or paramedics.

You must be very careful. The suggested basic equipment is a chest protector, body armor if you can acquire it, bracers, phone, camera, flashlight and first aid kit.

Read carefully the information published here and other sites related to RLSH. Learn from experienced people.

I'm from Mexico and use the Google translator. Not perfect, but it helps a lot.

Maybe you know of Mengano, he is also from Argentina.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:05 pm

Training martial arts, crimology and other sciences take a lot of time. And a man need to eat. Wouldn't leave much time for patroling.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm

welcome!

you can volunteer to help at-risk teens.

you can get training that way too
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 am

Hello , I do not want to walk the streets day or cleaning or separating people, I want to stop crime, drug trafficking, rather than go to the crime and if proved necessary to catch criminals, using martial arts skills and a good physical, fighting, and only go out at night, much like batman.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:31 pm

I'm a bit concerned about the rationality of saying you want to be "invincible in meleé fights". There is no possibility of this happening, so you'd be wise to disillusion yourself of this goal. I'm not saying don't train hard and be the best you can be, I'm only warning against becoming so overly confident in the physical aspects of training that you become blinded to the practical applications and limitations of the skills you learn. Welcome to the forum, and please be safe.
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:53 pm

Welcome Kuaquer.

As you train you will discover your own limitations. Batman is a fictional character. It is good to be inspired but listen well to these Real Life Superheroes it will keep you out of trouble.

In the really real world Batman would probably either be in the loony bin or on death row. You don't have to be Batman to make a difference in the really real world though.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:28 pm

I can not hecharme back with my plan, next year and I go into criminology, also to devote to the intense training of my body, I will not tolerate crime, I'll be possible that no more deaths or robberies beyond in my city, if there are criminals why they can not be heroes.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:31 pm

Your goals make the point that you would be happy as a police officer
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:34 pm

It is a realistic goal for a criminal to say they will commit a murder if they have the means. It is unrealistic for an RLSH to say they will prevent all crime, because the means to do so don't exist. Know that you can always be of help, and accept that crime will still happen, or you'll drive yourself to a dark place.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:41 pm

the police are corrupt, do nothing to defend the innocent and defenseless, in my city there is crime every day ..... I believe and I would like to have expertise in criminology and criminalistics, well trained in martial arts, learn all about breaks and leaks, have knowledge of parkour, have good gatgets (smoke bombs and other utensils) be in good physical would help to a person who stroll the streets at night, avoiding mafia crimes or Organisations ........
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 pm

It doesn't seem very realistic.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:32 pm

You can train in all those areas, and still crime will happen every day.
Back to top Go down
Silent Defender

Silent Defender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:30 am

You have youth, you've got energy, you have motivation. Guidance is necessary, however, train hard, and self-knowledge to recognize our own limits.

We all love to be like Batman. But the reality is obstinate.

I understand your frustration by the corruption of the authorities. Here in Mexico we live a little hell because of it. Just this past week have been murdered three people linked to organized crime, just in my neighborhood!

Fighting the Mafia is serious business.

Since you want to be like Batman, I remember the main feature I most admire about him: as he always has a plan, he takes care of every detail meticulously, as he studies each opponent to find their weak point and defeat him.
Batman is Batman for his intelligence.

At first you asked if your plan was possible. Utopias are possible? Probably not, but worth a try.

So get ready, learn, train. But always, always looks good where you put your foot with every step you walk.
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:09 pm

I still serious risks that can result if I try to be so, could die in an attempt to stop a band, or after aria to catch criminals as police pursue me, yet I can not desifrar aria as a future aveses I think and I'm a little afraid of what might happen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 6:01 pm

Screw Batman; Strive to be like Superman. XD

As for training, I've been contemplating all the things that may be of importance and have listed them on the chart below:

SUPERHERO TRAINING SUBJECTS

1. Criminology: Understanding the criminal mind will be invaluable

2. First Aid: You’ll be attending first aid not only on yourself but also citizens and it’s vital you know what you’re doing; it could be the difference between life and death.

3. Foreign Languages: Being able to effectively communicate with various ethnicities and dialects will be invaluable.

4. History: If we forget the past, then we are doomed to repeat it in the future; knowing your history, particularly of your local protectorate will be invaluable.

5. Krav Maga: Martial arts are good in general but Krav Maga is one of the most elite fighting arts on the planet and is geared towards real world self defense. Mastering this will be invaluable.

6. Memory: Good memory is invaluable not only to help remember various training topics but also to describe a criminal act in perfect detail to the proper authorities.

7. Parkour: The art of getting from Point A to Point B as quickly as humanly possible on foot will be invaluable.

8. Powers of Mind: You may be smart, and you may be fit, but developing your intuition and inner self will be just as invaluable if not more.

9. Psychology: Knowing how people think will be invaluable.

10. Public Speaking: The ability to inspire a crowd will be a valuable asset in your quest to spread your message.

11. Sociology: Knowing how people work will be invaluable.

12. Speed Reading (this will save a lot of time studying and training from books and you’ll be able to progress more quickly.)

13. Virtue and Morality: Virtue and Morality will be Invaluable in inspiring hope in others.

Other: Learning anything is good, the top ones are some major things I feel would be beneficial but anything else that you think you could use would be great too.

As a good rule of thumb, you should never stop training. You never know what else could be out there. Smile

Good luck!! Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:43 pm

I am afraid that the police catch me crazy, too much fear of failure and that failure cost me my life, I'm thinking how to do to escape after saving the day, I have thought gatgets as night vision binoculars, wire cutters clip (small), medicine, gas pumps (for escapes), material and evidence to collect hueyas and other materials (many), the llebar think within a belt, which I can not yet desifrar as I do if I want to jump from a high place to cushion the fall, I'm making a database with data from all the people in my city, I also have a radio to pick up police frequencies and called (in the near future), I'm planning to grab this year. .... but still need to meet my ideal still several years away, about 10 years, seriously aveses quisas think if this were to tell you that I have planned to send me to a psychiatrist, so I have only strength to to relate them to you. Greetings people,
Back to top Go down
placebo.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:19 pm

Going against gangs is very dangerous. When my dad was involved in an anti-gang program people found out who he was, even though he wore a balaclava. There was a bounty put on him and his family.

That's something you're going to have to be prepared for. Certainly it's the reason I keep anonymous (I don't even post what my "alter-ego" is!) but there will be people who'll find out. You'll be arrested and the information made public, someone will put the pieces together and find out it's you, or your identity will be revealed accidentally in some way. You can almost certainly bet on it.

There's also the fact that you'll be facing guns, so any self-defense or martial art will be ineffective. Going against a purse snatcher might put you at risk for a bullet to the head but more likely, you'll get an ass-whoopin. It isn't that way with people involved with drug trafficking. They're making serious money, and their lives and family's lives depend on them not getting caught. They won't hesitate even a moment to blow you away.

Self-defense and personal combat skills are great things to have, necessary even, but unless you're prepared to kill someone to protect yourself, you're going to have serious issues. That's an ugly truth in a corrupt society and if you take that step, you won't be a hero at all.

I admire your zeal but a lot of the stuff you're saying worries me. Get a public access spot and do a crime awareness show with tips to keep people safe. You can do what John Walsh did and devote your sense of justice to the people. Shows like that have done a way better job at stopping crime and catching bad guys than all of us put together, believe that. Most of us don't have the means of getting to that kind of position but you seem selflessly devoted to this, so who knows?
Back to top Go down
Kuaquer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:36 pm

Thanks placebo, is almost impossible but not impossible at all, I deodorants this a lot, a world without much crime is what deodorants, saving lives, which is something ariesgado in every way, but if the city isiera this exchange, quisas criminals would be afraid to walk the streets looking for someone to care ..
Back to top Go down
placebo.

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:21 pm

I'm gonna let someone else tackle that one. Cheers, man.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:41 pm

@Kuaquer: Usted puede ir a un traductor de idioma en línea y traducir su idioma al Inglés y copiarlo y pegarlo aquí. Smile
Back to top Go down
releanr

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:51 pm

I'm wondering if they speak spanish or Portuguese in Argentina. If it's spanish I may be able to relate this information more easily. He's getting the gist, I think, but the real reasons you're pushing for nonviolence is getting lost in translation I'm afraid.
Back to top Go down
releanr

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:52 pm

Hah! Hero beat me to the punch!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I want to be a hero   I want to be a hero Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

I want to be a hero
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next