Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hero Training Camp

Go down 
+2
Rook2
Idea Man
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:54 am

This is something I had a dream about last night.

Imagine a place where people from around the country, or even the world, come to be conditioned in every way for crime fighting. Physical training would have Parkour training, martial arts training,(most likely Aikido as it deals exclusively with street fighting and multiple-attacker combat) Basic Cardio Fitness for conditioning the out of shape trainees and weight training for those with weaker strength. Also weapons training in commonly legal items across the United States. Classes held by Criminal Justice professors with PhDs and retired law enforcement individuals to teach trainees proper detective and crime fighting work. Rifle and Handgun training for trainees too, it will help to know what guns are effective if its legal in your state for you to carry one. Towards the end of a trainee's time at the camp he goes through several realistic simulations he may face on the street. (My Aikido teacher would do this and if you couldn't fend off the attacker's the match is over when they make you pass out)

I don't know how long training would be, maybe a few months like the military, maybe longer. Imagine though, a place where people can get good training to fight crime. If word got out about this place the number of trainees would boom. Eighteen and older only, can't take fourteen year old kids. If there was a way to get the Government to okay some form of certification so a police officer could see that certification card and know the crime fighter has been trained and isn't some guy throwing on a costume.

I don't know how much fire I'll catch for this idea, but I believe it could work. I have no idea the costs, you would need a small college size compound for training and classes, but maybe it could start out at a college and spread to being something of its own.

One major upside to this training camp would be the confidence crime fighters will have in themselves when out on the streets.
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 11:59 am

People have discussed this concept before. It's pretty much un-do-able.

Financially it's impossible, It always ends up being a online thing & a squabble & debate anyway.

Your best bet...train on your own. In the things you think will make you a better RLSH
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:05 pm

I understand, it just seems so risky to leave crime fighter training up to the individual and they may be getting totally wrong information when training. Some kid is probably watching Taxi Driver as his training for taking on a bunch of guys with guns. I don't know, I guess the good and smart crime fighters will do better and survive longer on the streets than the kids who think they can do anything.
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 12:20 pm

For people who want real training like that, they should join the military - be Infantry or Special Forces, then go to college studying Criminology, Forensics, Sociology, Psychology, things like that, maybe even earn a PhD (which would probably take like 10-12 years of going to college, full-time) while studying martial arts during that time, while working a job like being a Lifeguard, and/or Private Investigator, and/or Bail Enforcement/Bounty Hunter/Fugitive Recovery Agent. THEN, go to become a Cop, or just join a Citizen's Police or FBI Academy. There's always First Aid/EMT courses you could take, while being a Volunteer for that.

Beyond the courses and all of that, the training never stops. You continue to train your body and mind for as long as you are active.

Having that training, you'd be all set.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:28 pm

I think that kids should be trained in basic self defense in elementary school. But I wonder, if everyone knows self defense, would it be uneffective?
Back to top Go down
Rook2

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:33 pm

Idea Man wrote:
I think that kids should be trained in basic self defense in elementary school. But I wonder, if everyone knows self defense, would it be uneffective?

Heck no, all the fights would just be more kickass to watch! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 3:37 pm

Rook wrote:
Idea Man wrote:

Heck no, all the fights would just be more kickass to watch! Twisted Evil

Hehehe Smile
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat Apr 17, 2010 4:12 pm

Idea Man wrote:

Yes, it would be. Which is why I don't feel comfortable sharing my martial arts skill with the whole world. Not everyone can be trusted with such skills.

Really, it could go either way. With everyone learning it, it could create a more disciplined society like in asia where everyone knows martial arts, so criminals are less likely to want to attack someone if they think there's a chance they'll get their ass kicked in the process.

But, since we live in a country that already has lots of gang activity, it wouldn't be a safe idea. It would become more of like a "Only the strong survive".
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:42 pm

What if kids were not taught how to fight so much as how to defend against an attacker and get away?
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Quote :
What if kids were not taught how to fight so much as how to defend against an attacker and get away?

Once again, things that get taught at Tiger Shculman's, not a Superhero school.
Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sun Apr 18, 2010 6:32 pm

Yeah, what I mean by learning to fight is how to handle oneself in a situation where violence is the only means of defense.

I vow that if I ever get a LARGE sum of money, I will start such a place.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Mon Apr 19, 2010 5:09 pm

Training in martial arts is not only about physical prowess, but also mental and spiritual discipline. If one has truly balanced training, he will know when it is appropriate to assert the fighting aspect of his art form. A criminal is not a balanced person, and is at a disadvantage against a more disciplined, balanced practitioner, given similar physical charecteristics. But watch out for his gun.
Back to top Go down
Redline

Redline

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 12:12 am

I know some groups in the area, such as our Junior Lifeguard programs, teach some self-defense, but not how to fight.

I think a workout regimen put onto a video would be the best bet.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 6:15 pm

One of the big problems I have with training for martial arts on video is that it does not give you the feel of how another person will react to your techniques. Even if you train with a partner, they will obviously be taking it easy on you, whereas a skilled, live instructor can be more aggressive, because they will know how far they can take the exercise without killing you. Thay can also make corrections and modifications as needed, and will tell you the truth about your progress. You don't want to find yourself in a fight with either false confidence or none at all, then get your arm broke because you improperly blocked a kick.
Back to top Go down
All-Star

All-Star

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Sat May 15, 2010 11:28 pm

I say a few tae bo tapes, a couple of red bull and a mask, you should be all set...

I kid I kid
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1Wed May 26, 2010 3:49 pm

Tjhis meet up Im planning is a family event but there will be trainning involved I want some of you to help me upgrade my skills in defencive combat as well as offencive and I will train those who are here in the art of ... Snow shoveling
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hero Training Camp Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hero Training Camp   Hero Training Camp Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hero Training Camp
Page 1 of 1