Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

New skills section

Go down 
+9
The Reverend
Flora V. Arbor
Gauge
Superhuman
Zombie
Northern Shield
Polarman
CrusaderPrime
Urban Avenger
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

New skills section - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:06 am

I didn't mean anything by it. People have mentioned they'd like a place to talk about stuff that doesn't fit anywhhere else and that they have spiritual interests. That's all.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:42 am

I think people generally understand meta-physics as being supernatural/mystical/religious stuff.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:44 am

Urban Avenger wrote:
I haven't worn mine since last years aids walk.

Occasionally I wear them for exercising still, but the hassle of putting on all that protective gear deters me a little. Also I have kept them in my trunk a lot -- seems like that did something to their balance, like warped them slightly.

Anyway, I definitely haven't mastered any tricks.
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2012 2:18 am

I guess the non-combative skills that I am most interested in learning are wilderness survival skills.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 15, 2012 3:18 am

Idea Man, I recommend Les Stroud's stuff
Back to top Go down
dcguardian

dcguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:57 pm

urban. . .i'd like to suggest a new skill that we could all use. . .the art of speaking. . .in crowds. . .one on one. . .learning to present information and ideas. . .we have some great communicators in the community. . .we could all stand to learn from them. . .
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Dec 27, 2012 11:46 pm

Dc, good to see you back on here. Haven't seen you since HOPE. You're the best public speaker I know of. In or out of the community. If you would like to start a topic on this, I'm sure we could all learn from you a great deal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New skills section   New skills section - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

New skills section
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2