Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Supernova training log

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Supernova training log Empty
PostSubject: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:55 pm

training to improve strength, flexibility, endurance, speed and overall peak fitness.

i have been training quite a bit lately here are some training logs from the past few days.

oct 10th 2012:

morning: running/walking intervals

afternoon: lower body workout, squats, planks, lunges, skipping.

oct 11th 2012:

afternoon: upper body workout, pushups, bench presses, curls, rows, shoulder presses, flys, dips, planks.

evening: steady state cardio, running treadmill

full body workout, flys, pullups, squats, deadlifts, stability ball circuit

october 13th 2012:

afternoon: cardio intervals, skipping

upper body workout, pushups, bench presses, shoulder presses, tricep extensions, curls, clean and presses, rows.

evening: cardio intervals, skipping

upper body workout *same as before*

october 15th 2012:

afternoon: abs circuit, upper body workout with cardio push ups, planks, shoulder presses, flys, mountain climbers, skipping

days that are not listed are rest days and all excercises listed are done with at least 8-15 reps (unless using heavier then normal weight then its 4-8 reps, or lighter then normal weights then i'd do 15-30 reps or til failure) and at least 3 sets but sometimes i'll do as much as 8 sets.

... and of course i am trying to get at least 7 hours sleep per night and eating the right foods at the right times and the right amounts (lotta protein and vitamins with sufficient healthy fats and carbs) i am not suggesting this to anyone nor am i saying that my training methods are better then others, i am just keeping track of what i do and if anyone might have any suggetions or would like to try some of the things that i do out then by all means go ahead.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 9:50 pm

what is the correct amount of protien?
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:50 pm

its probably different for everybody but i have some in each meal and drink shakes inbetween meals sometimes, id say i get about a gram of protein per pound of my body weight-ish
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:08 pm

no. it is barely different for every body.

the answer is for each pound of LEAN body weight.

Your stored fat does not require protein
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 am

that sounds about right, thanks ;P
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:46 pm

oct 16th 2012

morning: cardio running intervals

afternoon: lower body and back workout plus cardio. squats, planks, lunges, leg lifts, tuck jumps, mountain climbers, skipping and shadow boxing...did some pushups too which i will continue to do throughout the day ( 1-3 sets of 10 every half hour or so, or 1-2 sets of 20 every hour-ish)

thinking of going biking later or having an evening weight session...maybe both...

i need to work on doing more cardio, gotta run faster and jump higher...
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 1:12 pm

this sounds like you don't have a gym, yes?
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:11 pm

correct i do not have a gym, i go to one every now and again but i do have some dumbells, a few bars and some weights. actually just bought myself a pullup bar too.
Back to top Go down
Blue Rattler

Blue Rattler

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 8:54 pm

Super-Nova . . . if you're looking for something with variety (and that's free), check out [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Tue Oct 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Super-Nova wrote:
correct i do not have a gym, i go to one every now and again but i do have some dumbells, a few bars and some weights. actually just bought myself a pullup bar too.

I love seeing what you come up with having no gym!

Do you have any resistabands?
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:27 am

not yet...i have a few contraptions i have made with chains and paints cans though and i was using a severed electrical cable as a jump rope til it broke so i bought a proper jump rope haha.

and blue rattler i cant see the link you posted it says only admins can see it...? :S
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:37 am

You may consider incorporating swimming into your routine as well. It is an excellent all-around exercise, especially if you don't have time for a full traditional workout. Yard work is also highly beneficial. Start a garden and you'll get plenty of exercise, and your diet will benefit as well.
Back to top Go down
Super-Nova

Super-Nova

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:20 pm

there is a gym nearby that has a pool i can go swim at so i will definitely do that next time i go there.

so, so far today this is what i got.

oct. 17th 2012

morning/afternoon: upper body plus cardio circuit x 3 push ups, front plank, curls, star plank, bench presses, lateral raises, side planks, tricep dips, tuck jumps, mountain climbers, skipping

upper body workout x 3, pushups, dumbell chest presses, rows, upright rows, shoulder presses, curls, tricep kickbacks, extensions and dips.

also did a few sets of pullups and extra pushups...

sigh* annd just ate an awesome alfred inspired turkey sandwich with dijon, spinach, cheese, tomato, peppers and hot sauce on homemade whole wheat with a 6 0z. steak and some brocolli. i dont know why i included that in my training log...it was just a very satisfying meal i guess.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1Wed Oct 17, 2012 12:42 pm

There is NOTHING that can do what good food can do!!!
YAY for yard work!!!

When you make sure that you do the same number of raking strokes on the right
as on the left, you really get what you are looking for!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Supernova training log   Supernova training log Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Supernova training log
Page 1 of 1