Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

me an my partner training close quarter combat

Go down 
+4
Anyman
nightmare
adamm[]
titanag
8 posters
AuthorMessage
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

me an my partner training close quarter combat Empty
PostSubject: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:15 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] we had fun and hope that we won't have to use it
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:36 pm

you might want to do that in a bigger room.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:44 pm

i also suggest you get some real training videos and watch and practice them.

you can always shadow box for free and if you can afford a punching bag that would be great as well, i suggest an 80lb bag, they arnt too huge and prolly alot better than a 60lb, i have a 6lb and it moves to much when i punch it.

You can always shadow box and training dvds are easily downloaded from torrent sites.

Bas rutten has some old videos, maybe new ones too but the old ones i have are great, it goes over take downs, strikes, blocks and ground games which involves chokes and arm/leg bars which is basically you trying to snap their arm in half.

practice slowly and carefully, if you do some of the grappling moves with alot of force you can dislocated elbows, knees, hips, ankles and such.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:52 pm

That sound great about the video but I also wrestle I went to a torrnement that day actually but you can never learn enough but we spar shadow boxing your not suppose to hit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:38 pm

Haha, that's awesome XD
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:41 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:45 pm

Sure thing. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:36 pm

hahaha!!!! Nice vid! is that one of adele's songs?
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:10 pm

Na meek millz
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:48 am

Not to claim to be a professional in any martial art or anything, but if you don't mind, here are a few pointers...

*Keep your balance by turning your rear foot sideways. Some modern combatives experts say don't turn it sideways, because it decreases the power in your strikes with the upper body, while others say it gives you a wider base to balance on when you kick.
*When you stand, keep your feet a moderate distance apart. Too wide, and you risk losing your balance if someone sweeps your leg; too narrow, and you're easier to take down.
*Bend down more, to provide a smaller target; in fact, when you go in to strike, try dropping a little more the closer you get.
*There are three basic body-positions in a stance: facing forward, facing sideways, and facing diagonally. Facing forward, as you would know from wrestling class, is most often seen in grappling arts and boxing; facing sideways is most usually seen in striking arts. When you're facing diagonally, you cut down on the number of targets your opponent can attack, you can easily turn toward your opponent for grappling, and you add torque to your strikes by twisting into them. There are other benefits, but those are the main ones.
*During striking, keep your arms close, until you need to use them, to protect your body. Many martial artists and combatants have their lead hand near the head/face, and their other hand by their side or near their stomaches; this is to protect the entire upper body. While we're on the subject, practice blocking lower strikes with your legs; higher kicks are unnecessary when you have use of your arms, and lower blocks with the arms are unnecessary when you can use your legs.
*Keep your hands open and relaxed, until you need to use them. Wait until you're about one inch from your opponent with your hand to tense anything up, carrying momentum through your body easier, like cracking a whip. This way, if you use different hand formations or grappling techniques, you can more easily transition from one to the next, than you could if you use your fists alone.
*Using your fists will damage your wrists over time, and can break your wrists or hands if you do it wrong; there are other ways to use your hands for striking that are made more effective (that can be discussed later).
*Keep the head bowed slightly; most of the targets around your head are located in your face, as well as your throat, neck, temples, and the back of your head.
*Practice using natural flinching techniques to protect the body in this way, as well; that's what flinching was meant for, after all.
*When striking, connect the closest open target with the closest striking implement; elbow to the face, knee to the groin, fingers to the eyes, heel of the palm to the chin, etc.
*Don't try to pin; pinning requires you focus entirely on one opponent, and you're always likely to face more than one. Focus on joint manipulation, throwing, dodging, trapping, redirection, etc.
*If, for some unforeseeable reason, you find yourself unarmed and facing an armed opponent, don't be afraid to fight dirty; just be sure you don't take it too far... which brings us to...
*BE SURE YOU KNOW THE LAWS OF YOUR AREA, REGARDING APPROPRIATE USE OF FORCE. There's an old saying: "I'd rather be tried by twelve than carried by six." Why face either fate, when you can avoid them both by knowing just how far to go? Granted, this is a very gray area, and you shouldn't let the fear that you'll go to court stop you from doing whatever it takes to keep yourself and others safe, but don't go killing somebody for kicking you in the nuts, either.

And, of course, like Adamm suggested, watch some tapes from self-defense experts. Be sure you do your research on them, first; there are a lot of frauds out there (like one guy on YouTube, who calls himself "ChosunNinja", a.k.a. Greg Park, whose self-defense material is likely to get you killed), and then there are the legit ones (like Paul Vunak, Carl Cestari, or even traditional martial artists like the Gracie family or great grandmaster Aaron Banks). At the end of the day, it's up to you what you believe, what you train in, and how you use it.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:32 am

Yes your right thank you for the tips and I will most certainly look into it combat is some times neccesary
Back to top Go down
The Flame

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 pm

One thing I noticed that really peaked my interest....the purpose of spinning back kicks are not too just spin in a whole circle then kick.  If you're facing forward and use one, all you're doing is giving your opponent a good time to strike.  You should never turn your  back if you don't have to.

Rather, a spinning back kick would be used when you are already facing backwards.  That way you're both facing your opponent again and striking. 

And just make sure you're well balanced.  You were stumbling a lot at the beginning.  A solid stance is very important.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 8:36 am

My moves are for deception so I leave an opening in order to attack you would drop ur guard for a kick while I could dodge ur punch
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:48 pm

Those moves were not deceptive.  They were untrained and unpracticed.  There's nothing wrong with not having acquired fighting skills, but don't try to play it off as deception.  There are skilled fighters here who know the difference.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 4:00 pm

well im guessing your not one then because my move use deception for people to attempt to counter strike and you can really train to fight cause that's a way to lose a fight you have no clue what your opponent is capable of i fight smart my moves are to deceive or suprize giving the right speed
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:20 pm

Your lack of balance is not deception. It leaves you vulnerable and unable to exploit any openings that your opponent might leave. I've been training fighters for decades, and I know deception when I see it. Skilled deception will still be balanced.
Back to top Go down
The Flame

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:17 pm

Turning your back may appear to be a deceptive move, but its hard to dodge with your back turned.

If you want to deceive your opponent, I'd suggest appearing to favor one side of your body for striking, then they won't expect it when you strike hard with the side you want them to think is weak.
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:15 pm

Side vision and I was off balance in that exstremly small room in the street I'm not and my Punch's would have been aiming at the chin and temple
Back to top Go down
titanag

titanag

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:16 pm

But I like to consider myself wise and will accept ur credicism and will find a place for it in my style
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:30 am

go through these videos, after that at least you'll know something useful.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 23, 2014 1:44 pm

I like how he went from saying lack of balance was deception to saying it was because of the size of the room. Also, why would you try using this type of "deception" on a friend who trains with you and knows your skill level? Hilarious.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:38 pm

Take up Krav Maga. More practical. More effective. Easier to learn.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1Wed Sep 24, 2014 3:44 am

Could be more constructive to stop fooling around and spend your time learning something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: me an my partner training close quarter combat   me an my partner training close quarter combat Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

me an my partner training close quarter combat
Page 1 of 1