Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

no good deed goes without consequence..

Go down 
+2
nightmare
the0ne
6 posters
AuthorMessage
the0ne

the0ne

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

no good deed goes without consequence.. Empty
PostSubject: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:18 am

ive always tried to be a helpful person to anyone who needs help with anything honestly
today i helped some guy push carts into a store, helped an older person find something inthe store (even though i dont work there) but i did something more later on . something super..
someone i know was hurt pretty bad by someone else recently needless to say they wanted revenge. i talked them out of it. twas a long process but i prevented someone from hurting themselves or someone else with out violence . my consequence i felt amazed how i changed the outcome of someones life. they could have ruined their life and i saved them.
this is what i'm meant to do. Brothers and sisters this is what were meant to do.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:57 pm

Nice!
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:12 pm

Even here in this country, that is the Philippines, doing good things can result to death. that is right, they'll kill you. Some police will even ignore you. Which is why sometimes I don't like justice here in this country.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 09, 2014 9:14 pm

Doing what you did here in Philippines can result violence. Their enemies will kill you buddy, which is why we are going to conduct an attack mission where we'll engage an enemy and hostile territory. How's that? I mean is it gonna solve everything?
Back to top Go down
MapleDefender

MapleDefender

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:08 am

Nightmare I am amazed at how long you have been able to stick around here.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:03 am

It won't solve much; except getting more people hurt than is necssary and creating more statistics and make you look like a crazy person...just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 10, 2014 8:09 pm

Yeah you know what? I'll just forget violence since that is not the way christians should live. What am I gonna do to due escalate a situation?

@MD: I'm not serious about hitting other people. Back then, I always have a passion on becoming a vigilante but John Hamilton led me to the light so now I don't wanna disgrace the rlsh code.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:11 am

Common sense is not a code so much as a guide. Ā It tells us that non-violent resolutions are safest for everyone, but it also tells us when de-escalation is not working, and other methods should be employed. Ā It will tell you when a situation has advanced beyond your ability to handle, and when your best option is retreating -- or even fighting. Ā 

The primary goal of patrol should not be to stop crime, but to make good choices. Ā The more you make good choices, the more you will protect innocent people from victimization. Ā It's less about protecting than about HOW you protect. Ā Less about stopping criminals than HOW you stop them. Ā It starts from the very first day you decide to patrol for crime. Ā The wrong mindset produces bad choices, which in turn produce bad results. Ā 

Hero-Man can likely attest to this philosophy in his work. Ā A wrong choice at the scene of a wildfire can have devastating results for an entire region.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 11, 2014 2:19 am

To follow up on Gauge's comment... going into any situation half-cocked and looking for trouble is the worst idea in every sense.
Back to top Go down
the0ne

the0ne

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:33 am

i dont like how my personal experience started this sort of debate it was meant to inspire others and also share their stories. None the less thinking before you act is always critical
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:41 am

It wasn't your experience that started the debate; the debate didn't have to start at all. In a public forum, or even sometimes in a private one, you'll occasionally get people who, for whatever reason, change the subject. Your original message was inspiring.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:11 am

Hilarious story on the lesson "Thinking before you act":

There once was a twelve year old little school boy; didn't fit it, got bullied alot, and one day during a temper tantrum said he was going to kill everybody. The police were called to his school, his locker searched, and he was then expelled and sent to a residential treatment facility where he then got trapped in the System for the next three years and went to hell and back and was never, ever the same again; his life was changed forever. All because of one, little note around four or five words long.

Man....if I just had not said what i did, I wouldn't even be here right now. My life would have taken a completely different direction, and what that direction would have been, I will never know now. Maybe things would have been better for me.

In this world we all make mistakes, and even the tiny ones can change our lives forever. But regardless of our mistakes, no matter how many times we're pushed to the ground, kicked when we're down, and in spite of all the horrible things that may have happened, we can always choose to get back up. We can always choose to do what's right.

In spite of that note, that little boy now works for the Government and has saved countless lives and have saved cities from hellfire.

Life is pretty interesting; if you don't pay attention, you could miss it. Always be thinking. Wink
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 8:04 pm

John, that is your story, right? If we head out on patrol in a peaceful way, do you think we can make a difference everything around us such as removing the beating up criminals on our list first? A lot of boring things just happen on our patrol missions.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 10:27 pm

Nightmare, it's often like Super Hero said: 99% boredom, for five seconds of sheer terror... but, when that five seconds comes up, sometimes it makes everything worthwhile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 12, 2014 11:59 pm

The boredom and excitement levels vary upon the missions the superhero sets out on. My mission is going to be very, very boring. 99% of it is just going to be walking across America. I don't expect combat and I do not wish for it.

It's wise to be prepared for such a circumstance, but we should never look for trouble. What I'm doing has to be done, and I'm one of the only people who can stop them, maybe the only one; in the sense they've broken many of the others beyond repair, and due to being held much longer than most I have a very strong commitment to it; it doesn't matter how boring or exicting it is to me; boredome and adventure have nothing to do with it; it's just a job that someone has to do.

Patrols are okay, but they are very very rarely truly necessary. They are conducted often with the hopes that something bad will happen. If I only had a nickel for everytime I've heard so called superheroes refer to a night of fights as "a good night" and nights where nothing happened at all as "Bad nights." It seems totally backwards to me. I'm more of a crusader; my mission will come to end some day and I'll settle down and have a family. I don't see a future of superheroics after I stop the Director and the WWASPS.

Pick something that genuinely needs to be done; rarely will you ever want to do it. I'm both looking forwad to ad dreading the moment that I have to standin that terminal and watch the plane leave without me on it. It's all downhill from that point on. It's a combination of fear, anger, sadness, and intimate dedication. It feels pretty weird.

In your part of the world there is something that genuinelye needs to be done which nobody else is doing because it's too hard. Find away to fill the need without hurting anyone. Smile
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:51 pm

How? I mean I don't know what has to be done here. I don't know what but the good things here can make you more of a trouble. How do I set that thing right?
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:19 pm

Do it anyway. If you're afraid of them killing you for it or something, do it publicly, so everybody will know who your enemies are and who to blame if something does happen to you. If you don't think they'll care enough to do anything about it, do what you have to do secretly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:29 am

Go to your local church groups. I think I've said this a few times; they know the people in your community who need help the most and will point you in the right direction. Tell them you are there because you are interested in serving your community. This way you can help more people more quickly without having to run around looking for it yourself. When you're eighteen become a wildland firefighter or volunteer firefighter; VFD put out burning buildings and save lives and help at vehicle accidents and disasters; you won't have to look around for people who need help; the radio goes off with the buzzer and it's too the fire poles and down to the engines. (I always feel like adam west haha).

With those three things, Wildland in Summer, Volunteer in Winter, and regular visits to your local Church Groups, you'd be helping countless citizens. It's not too difficult; it just takes making an effort. Wink
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:49 pm

All of us are firemen here (literally) when a burning took place, everybody grab a bucket of water and started to put down a fire. I think your advice is really the right thing to follow. I'll do it.
Back to top Go down
Black Reaper

Black Reaper

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:16 pm

I became RLSH because of my conscience..it's just too strong it prevents me from doing bad and doing the right thing..if I see someone in need and I walk away I will think about ALL the time and it irritatingĀ 
So what your doing is great keep it up!
-Black Reaper
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: no good deed goes without consequence..   no good deed goes without consequence.. Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

no good deed goes without consequence..
Page 1 of 1