Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
omen

omen

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH? Empty
PostSubject: RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?   RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH? Icon_minitime1Fri May 23, 2014 2:08 pm

While one of our book signings I met a young man who approached me about Mexican RLSHs after purchasing our New Legends: Hero, Antihero, and Vigilante anthology.

He asked me about some of the ‘heroes’ they had over there (Mexico) and what they would be considered.

Honestly, I knew nothing about them.

When he described some of them to me, my personal ignorance led me into an immediate response of ‘Vigilante’ and I wanted to say that they were criminals. Listening to this young man halted my tongue and engaged my thoughts.

DAMNED, if he didn’t have me stumped.

People were getting killed down there and I wanted to throw their heroes into one big barrel of ‘bad-guys’ by saying they were breaking the law.

I was wrong to even attempt that… and so, I continued to listen and learn. I could not answer the customer, but I told him that I knew a community that would not fail to at least discuss and air their opinions on the matter.

I told him that I would post it on our forum and ask you guys to give your different views on this issue. There is no Right or Wrong. Our anthology explores the different aspects of a hero, antihero, and vigilante… but it is nowhere near the definitive answer to these paths.

If you have the time, PLEASE visit our forum and leave your point-of-view and opinion on these new-styled Mexican RLSHs.

Link: http://visadj.com/thread/1072/rlsh-mexican-rlshs?page=1&scrollTo=7269

I am very Thankful for any and all support you can deliver to this fan. He would be excited to share the information with others in his community. Hopefully, it will get back to some of the guys in masks.

-Omen, "Heroes aren't made during good times!" - The Elite Forces Division 
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?   RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH? Icon_minitime1Wed May 28, 2014 11:50 am

vigilantism became legal in mexico havent you heard?
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?   RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH? Icon_minitime1Wed May 28, 2014 12:40 pm

Vigilante groups have been embraced by police and have essentially been deputized and given support by way of weaponry not otherwise legal for citizens to carry. They estimate about 20,000 people are in vigilante groups, and as police and military have been ineffective at battling the cartels, the influx is sorely needed. And some vigilante groups have successfully fought off the cartels.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?   RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH - Mexican Warrior RLSH?
Page 1 of 1