Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hurt back, but want to get in shape

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Web

The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

Hurt back, but want to get in shape Empty
PostSubject: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:25 pm

I like to flounce around and read up on different workouts and for a while was doing a basic one focused on bodyweight exercises. I'd probably made fairly minimal progress, truth be told. But, on to a different note, recently I hurt my back but would like to continue doing... SOMETHING between chiropractor visits and the occasional painkiller. So, does anyone have some ideas for a workout that might let me at least maintain a baseline of fitness while waiting for full recovery and a return to a real workout?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:37 pm

Ask your chiropractor. I have prescription work outs/exercises for my back from my doctor; got thrown through a wall by a roid addict when I was being held prisoner, got worse when I caught a falling fourwheeler out of the air, felt a shock shoot down my spine and a leg on that one, my back kinda looks like a map of vegas.
Back to top Go down
The Web

The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:42 pm

You make a valid point, HM. I really should consult my physician/chiropractor before I start talking to people on the internet about working out, huh?

But, just the same, since its here, I'll leave the thread around and maybe someone can give ideas for workouts to ask specifically about on my next visit (Monday).
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 7:44 pm

injuries involving back, knees, shoulders, ankles, wrists should be treated delicately, unless your medical provider says otherwise just wait till your back to 100% (or as close as some of us can get to that) before you start pushing yourself again, don't want to turn an injury into something more permanent
Back to top Go down
The Web

The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:00 pm

Another bit of excellent advice. I suppose I'm just getting impatient and stir crazy. I'd confused it for just a simple bit of stiffness and didn't stretch properly before going to a jiu-jitsu class a bit ago and... well, it ended badly from there. I'll consult my chiropractor during the next visit and until then just relax and focus on working on the things I can still do.
Perhaps a 'mental workout', mm?

It worked for Doc Savage.
Back to top Go down
themarine

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:08 pm

mental workouts are great, puzzle games that help with pattern recognition and observation are all over the place and do work as far as improvement goes.  You mentioned detective work, well this down time physically is the perfect opportunity to work on mental acuity
Back to top Go down
The Web

The Web

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 20, 2014 8:46 pm

Hmm, that's actually a great point, Marine. Well, I know what I'll be doing for the next few days.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:50 am

Ask your chiropractor for suggested exercises for your back to help strengthen it, after a while you won't have back problems with the right diet, vitamins and supplements. Also look into all natural remedies for joint pain and the like and take it regularily, (particularily if you can procure it on your own; I'm into a lot of mountain man stuff haha).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hurt back, but want to get in shape   Hurt back, but want to get in shape Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Hurt back, but want to get in shape
Page 1 of 1