Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Getting back in the game

Go down 
+3
arrowdynamic
Shade
Swift_Avenger
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Getting back in the game  Empty
PostSubject: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 2:54 pm

So, it's been probably been a complete year since I went anywhere near this site or near my crime fighting alter ego. I have no reason for that, just...I dunno. Anyway, I'm looking to get back into it and I could really do with some tips anyone might have with getting fit and ready again to go back out there.

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Shade

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:34 pm

Little changes can increase your fitness. Park the car or leave the bus early and walk further to get where you're going. Use the stairs instead of the lift. Do isometrics while watching TV or a movie. Your daily activity stays much the same, you just get more out of it.
Back to top Go down
arrowdynamic

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:00 am

get a hobby that makes you stay in shape that you care about improving in.
I always practice archery and I recently started longsword training on top of my regular martial arts training.
The three make me want to be in shape, and as a bonus, I get in better shape every time I do one of the three and improve my skills.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:31 pm

I find workouts online that my brother and I can do. It gets both of us in better shape, even though I let him cheat his way through. He's physically and mentally disabled, so it's hard for him to understand how to do the exercises, and his strength and endurance are even lower than mine. Given enough time, he'll build his way up. So will I.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Tue Mar 03, 2015 6:56 pm

A lot of this is mental too. In your daily errands be aware of everything that goes on around you. Be observant and try to remember the details of people you encounter.
Back to top Go down
Swift_Avenger

Swift_Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:41 am

Oh yeah definetly, the mental state is just as important as the physical state and I'm prepared to put a halt on patrols and charitable work to give myself time to do that, and when I'm ready I'll be back out there doing my part. 

Swift.
Back to top Go down
Dark Avenger

PostSubject: hello   Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 2:57 pm

HAVE SEX, SEX IS A GOOD WAY TO LOOSE WEIGHT
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:52 pm

Good advice...so go f**k yourself. Wink
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:53 pm

And that WAS A JOKE just in case it wasn't clear. I couldn't pass up that opening...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:19 pm

HAHAHA
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1Sat Mar 14, 2015 11:55 pm

I think it is becouse u lost motivation I deal with the same problem try having more self disipline set goals for yourself recoded your training like keep at training journal
It's up to you what kind of training you wanna do but you need endurance to last In protrol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting back in the game    Getting back in the game  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Getting back in the game
Page 1 of 1