Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What im master at

Go down 
+2
dcguardian
NightPanther
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightPanther

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:27 pm

I taken Few boxing classes and I'm about to do Taekwondo what else should i take
Back to top Go down

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 9:44 pm

Krav Maga, Kyushojutsu, Kochojutsu, and Combat Shooting.

If you're more the nonviolent type: NSD (Nonviolent Self Defense), Aikido, Judo, High School Wrestling, and Kyusho Jutsu (Pressure Point Combat).
Back to top Go down
dcguardian

dcguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:43 pm

speech class. . .learning to talk to people
observational courses. . .learn to read a situation and location
behavioral  courses. . .learn to see people without words
Back to top Go down

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:21 am

Firefighting, EMS Training, BSA Merit Badge Training, Spiritual Living, Meditation, and DBT (Dialectical Behavioural Therapy)
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:12 am

I once saw a documentary about the science of time travel, so I guess I'm some kind of time master.
Back to top Go down
dcguardian

dcguardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 10:58 am

any education you get will be beneficial. . .weapons training. . .martial arts. . .any subject adds to your whole. . .Sherlock Holmes. . .batman. . .Enstein. . .real or imaginary. . .learning something helps. . .the best martial artist who doesn't understand human behavior is wasting much of his abilities. . .most successful people read non fiction books at least once a month. . .regardless of their field of interest. . .the military has reading lists for their leaders for a reason. . .so do most high end businesses. . .
Back to top Go down
Defie

Defie

Category :
  • Hero Support

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:16 pm

NightPanther wrote:
I taken Few boxing classes and I'm about to do Taekwondo what else should i take
I would suggest you start getting into grappling. Krav Maga and Brazillian JuiJitsu tend to be systems more grounded in the reality of a conflict on the street.

Grappling tends to negate many of the legal repercussions of a street fight. I would continue with the boxing Taekwondo, but most combat situations end up with both opponents in a clinch and then on the ground. A street fight is almost never ended with just one punch or kick.

Taekwondo has minimal or no effect in trapping range, which is where all fights eventually end up. (trapping range is within the distance you can throw a jab, and is too close for TKD's kicks to be effective.) Boxing won't help you if you end up on your back.

I used to be a Tai Chi assistant instructor, and found it indispensable if you're trying to subdue someone, or win a conflict without going to jail or something. I would suggest Tai Chi, but most instructors you'd learn it from are too busy teaching new-age bullshit than teach any valuable self defense these days. Most TC schools don't spar either, which is an enormous problem for any Martial Art student looking for something practical.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:05 pm

Train stuff that involves weapons. Good for balance and ma-ai. Learn to deal with your physical reactions to violence and fear. Learn about how your diet can make you stronger, better, smarter, faster. Learn conflict theory and deescalation technices. Learn life saving first aid. Learn to know your area; the social problems, possible allies (soup kitchens, food banks, volunteer orgs ect), what's dealt where, who's doing what.

And don't take advice from everybody, most RLSH are crazy.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:18 am

I suggest learn first aid/cpr/aed, then de-escalation. Learn to stay out of the way of law enforcement. Learn to observe, record, report, then follow their directives. Learn to minimize or prevent contamination of crime scenes until law enforcement arrives. If you can learn these few things, you will be viewed much more favorably by law enforcement officers.

Umm...do not learn from Batman. With all due respect to DC Guardian, the information contained in comic books and movies is not reliable, and certainly not worthy of risking your life or the life of an innocent. But do gather information from reliable sources.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:40 am

This may come across as an insult, but it's not. It's just some advice.

Start by studying logic. Whether or not you have a good grasp on it, studying the subject can make a good grasp better, and improve a bad one.

From there, go on to apply logic to the study of philosophy. Philosophy includes science in general, and religion. Studying philosophy will help you understand a whole range of subjects peripherally.

From there, branch out into the more specific fields of study; language, math, science - hard and flexible, such as psychology, anthropology, sociology, etc., - history, technology, art and entertainment, religion, intelligence gathering, survival, armed and unarmed combat - other than what you already know, - etc. The more you learn, the better equipped you are to handle any situation, and just like the study of one subject can introduce you peripherally to others, it can also make the transition from one subject to another easier. Each builds on the wisdom of the others. Even if you only pick up the basics, with a little lateral thinking and some ingenuity, you can figure out the finer points, and properly apply what you know to any situation.

In the meantime, keep yourself in the best physical condition you can.

You'll want to pay special attention to any information that can help you accomplish the most, with the least. It will save you a lot of time and money, and make it that much easier to accomplish your goals when you have the right tools at your disposal.
Back to top Go down

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 30, 2014 1:52 am

Like a boss.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What im master at Empty
PostSubject: Re: What im master at   What im master at Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What im master at
Page 1 of 1