Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes

Go down 
+13
New Here
Delta_RLSH
Instructor
Knight-Hood
toggle
Red Dragon
Equal
Gauge
the crimson fist
Gadgetastic!
Leviathan
Stephen Hannaway
master legend
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
master legend

master legend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Empty
PostSubject: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:55 pm

Back to top Go down
Stephen Hannaway

Stephen Hannaway

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:21 pm

Why were people getting arrested for feeding the homeless?!?
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:50 pm

The Magician wrote:
Why were people getting arrested for feeding the homeless?!?

Some retarded-ass city ordinance meant to control the homeless population by starving the dissenting homeless to death.
You have to remember, Orlando is a tourist city. The less blight, the better...

The whole thing goes, if you feed homeless people within city limits inside of designated areas (most of the city) without one of two city issued annual organized permits, in public, you can face criminal charges.

They try to keep "The city Beautiful" as beautiful as possible by eliminating the problem as quietly as possible. But only where the tourist maps tell you to go, to avoid problems. The rest of the area is kinda bad. Same with Lake county, and I may or may not have mentioned this to you ML, If you remember Al Zimmerman, the homeless marine I helped out last year, Lake County PD went out of their way to make this guy a target. He was living in his Ford Expedition, and living out in a library parking lot near one of my nightly patrol checkpoints.

They told him that one of the neighbors in one of the condos had filed a complaint for his being there overnight, and they had forced him out. I decided to play bait on this one.

I picked up a similar SUV not too long before this incident, and parked my ass outside in the same lot, and sure enough the same officer (Hernandez) pulled up right behind me, flashing his spotlight in my mirrors, and his mag in my eyes when he came to the driver side. My first words were, "I'm not Al Zimmerman, pal."

To give you more insight on why their maneuvering was illegal, and mine wasn't:

1: There are no signs outside the library or on the library grounds stating that there was no overnight parking. The officers on duty every night would still try to shuffle homeless folks away PDQ regardless, making the claim the lot was private property, even though the PUBLIC library made no claims and made no attempts to involve law enforcement out of sheer benevolence to the homeless population in the area.

2: He stated that a complaint had been made against Zimmerman, yet under the sixth amendment, anyone being accused of a crime has the RIGHT, under the confrontational clause: "the accused shall enjoy the right to be confronted with the witnesses against him." No documentation had been provided, no recordings of any 911 or LCSD calls had been presented WHATSOEVER.

3: This is a sport for these crooked officers, right behind shaking down skateboarder kids and taking their phones as "evidence"

At this point I had already pulled out my phone and made it very clear "Let's see what the on-call staffer at the Orlando ACLU office has to say? Ok, officer HERNANDEZ, BADGE NUMBER... (I forget what it was)" and started dialing.

I have a hard time sitting by and letting this sort of thing happen without some kind of direct intervention. I love law enforcement, but I am sickened by those who use their badge as a hunting license to hurt innocent people.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:43 pm

Kind of a cheap shot to have the subtitle read "Zimmer Man" as if that was a simple mistake and not a shot at Zimmer.
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:16 pm

I don't think that was a cheap shot against Barnes. I remember a while back referring George ZimmerMan as Zimmer Man as well, an undisciplined one of us without a costume.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:34 pm

Okay, but that being the case, perhaps a correction is in order? Just so there is no confusion.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:06 pm

Or we could all worry about more important things.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:31 am

Sometimes it's the small courtesies that reveal the most.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:58 am

As Zimmer himself hasn't seemed to take offense to this error, I'd say it's perhaps not too big a deal, but a correction would be an appropriate step.

Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:51 pm

Not bad at all.
Back to top Go down
Red Dragon

Red Dragon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:01 pm

It's fun getting beaten, pepper sprayed, and arrested for doing the right thing...
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:29 pm

Red Dragon wrote:
It's fun getting beaten, pepper sprayed, and arrested for doing the right thing...

Dammit, are you still at that occupy thing? Laughing
Back to top Go down
master legend

master legend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:17 am

the people thrown in jail were a group called " food not bombs" friends of mine. they like to set up in parks and feed the homeless.people that don't even go to the park complain about it.so many people in the world hate the homeless so they threw my friends in jail for feeding them.they figure out of sight out of mind.that is why i go to the homeless ,none of the well to do go in those areas.

as for "Zimmer Man" that is what some Florida people have called the guy trying to relate him to a super hero.i have been setting them straight on that .i thought you may have heard.
Back to top Go down
toggle

toggle

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:25 am

I'm a supporter of Food Not Bombs. They make a political statement of feeding the homeless, both by using leftover food from restaurants and supermarkets (that is perfectly fine, but that would normally be tossed as waste) and by giving out food in areas where they don't have a permit. It's a form of peaceful dissent, though they do occasionally get arrested.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:59 pm

If they made the food available to everyone, not just the homeless, I think they could have their events without much trouble. Maybe make it for low income families, and advertise via flyers to them as well as to homeless. Like a community picnic.
Back to top Go down
toggle

toggle

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:54 am

Gauge wrote:
If they made the food available to everyone, not just the homeless, I think they could have their events without much trouble. Maybe make it for low income families, and advertise via flyers to them as well as to homeless. Like a community picnic.

They do - the food is available to anyone who wants it. Obviously, people who need the food are the ones who tend to show up.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:41 am

Well then it is odd that there'd be such a problem if it's not specifically to feed the homeless. Some people's children...
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:11 am

Greetings everyone,

Knight-Hood speaking from St. Petersburg, Fl. This is a subject near and dear to my heart.

The problem began when the homeless population doubled in Pinellas County in the last few years. There are an estimated 18,000 homeless people in Pinellas County alone.

Not long ago you'd see a person holding a "Will work for food" sign at each intersection and many many people sleeping on blankets or cardboard at William's Park in the heart of the city or Mirror Lake Park not far away. They even began sleeping on the steps of City Hall.

That seemed to be the breaking point for our City Council who began passing laws to delcare war on the homeless.

First they outlawed panhandling except on Sundays and so the panhandlers all went over to Tampa.

Next they banned sleeping in public places. Anyone caught sleeping in parks or bus stops would be arrested. That forced the homeless to hide in bushes or worst places to sleep.

Then Tampa followed suit with their own anti-panhandling laws.

Next came the laws outlawing feeding the homeless in public places or in groups of 20 or more. This put a stop to all the good samaritans like a local fry cook who would show up at William's Park after work and fry chicken for all who were hungry.

Finally they outlawed homelessness itself. The police pick them up and take them 3 times to the newly built "Safe Harbor" facility conveniently located behind the jail. After the 3 times they are taken to jail.

Last year I tried to start a new holiday called "Superhero Day" on Oct 30th. The idea being all of those who planned to go out and celebrate Halloween should go out the night before also and collect canned food for the homeless.

I met with a stone wall of opposition. I wrote to the Mayor, Governor and tried to contact every form of media we have down here and all gave me the cold shoulder. Except one reporter who said he would do a story on me and not the event if I came in and unmasked. I refused of course.

Thanks to help from Superhero and Artisteroi I made a video and put it on You Tube trying to promote the idea. It took off in other places like Australia I'm told and up in Vermont thanks to Delta's efforts, but no luck down here.

I will try again this year. I've been feeding the homeless for 22 years now and still feed one person each day but I am only one man in a mask.

Still as long as I am breathing I can't sit by and let people starve.

I tried to post some links to articles about this but I have to be a member for 7 days before I can post links.

More to come

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:03 am

Stupid lawmakers think just because you make something illegal it will go away...

When will people learn that homeless people are still PEOPLE!

Every one who voted for that lunacy should spend a week on the streets with no money and no home.
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 20, 2012 11:07 am

How true. The politicians down here are only concerned about the image of Florida. They don't want the tourists seeing all of these homeless people. Plus the Republican National Convention is coming up so they are really cracking down trying to round them up and get them out of sight.

It's all quite sickening. I'm doing what I can to help them.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
master legend

master legend

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:57 pm

my presense has made a difference.all the film crews going down town following me has shaken them up so they have been treating the people a bit better. i walked around today undercover to look around .there was a lot less out in the city streets.i mixture of good and bad because some are just being thrown in jail which cost tax payers $150.00 a day plus the extras.then there is now more room at the shelters which charge them money. after one free week it amounts to 42 bucks a week afterwards to sleep on the cemet floor like in a gymnasium and get up and out at 6:00 am.a whole big crowd of people yelling over one another.i seen it.then you have a few churches around giving out some slop never anything good for good health. atleast new teams of help have emerged not as super heroes but inspired by seeing me on the news and stuff.they ride around in vans with food and clothes on the spot.a good bit of Justice Vans have emerged. the cops can't really hassle you then.
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 12, 2012 8:47 am

Hang in there man. It's been an uphill fight for me too over here in Pinellas County. First they passed laws to ban panhandling, then laws to outlaw sleeping in public places forcing the homeless to hide in bushes and worse, next it was outlawing homelessness itself. The cops pick up the homeless and take them to the new "Safe Harbor" shelter conveniently located behind the jail. After 3 trips there they are automatically taken to jail. Just this very morning at the Goodwill bus stop two squad cars pulled up to take away a homeless woman who was talking to herself. I wanted to hand her one of my brown bag lunches but I knew they would take me with her if I did. So I waited until I got to the Gateway Mall bus stop where a lot of homeless hang out. I gave it to the man I dubbed "Mark Twain". With the Republican convention not far off they are really cracking down, but of course I feed at least one person each day anyway.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Knight-Hood

Knight-Hood

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2012 8:41 am

Ok I just had to share this. Today I arrived at the Gateway Mall bus stop to leave my brown bag lunch for the homeless and lo and behold they have taken out all of the garbage cans and replaced them with solar powered garbage compactors! It's all enclosed with a door in front for the garbage insertion. I hope I don't sound like a cynic but to me the obvious reason for the change was to keep the large population of homeless people who hang out there from rooting in the garbage fo food. I think it's terrible but I am not shocked. St. Petersburg was voted the 2nd meanest city in the country, behind only Orlando, largely because of their treatment of the homeless.

Knight-Hood
Back to top Go down
Leviathan

Leviathan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:14 am

Knight-Hood wrote:
Ok I just had to share this. Today I arrived at the Gateway Mall bus stop to leave my brown bag lunch for the homeless and lo and behold they have taken out all of the garbage cans and replaced them with solar powered garbage compactors! It's all enclosed with a door in front for the garbage insertion. I hope I don't sound like a cynic but to me the obvious reason for the change was to keep the large population of homeless people who hang out there from rooting in the garbage fo food. I think it's terrible but I am not shocked. St. Petersburg was voted the 2nd meanest city in the country, behind only Orlando, largely because of their treatment of the homeless.

Knight-Hood

Or it could be what it just looks like, the quasi-politically-correct-eco-friendly way to deal with garbage because it helps the mall look good in the news papers, and helps the mall get a tax write-off for going green.
Back to top Go down
Delta_RLSH

Delta_RLSH

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:50 am

Or it could be all of the above.

Δ
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes   master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

master legend in the Orlando weekly upholding the real life super heroes
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next