Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Batman/Nightwing's daily training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Empty
PostSubject: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 20, 2016 11:24 pm

One of the pros of having a partner in crime is having someone to train with we train about 5-6 days a week depending on scheduling here are a list of exercises we do to stay in good shape and fighting ability feel free to modify them to your style or age

Warm Up
25 Jumping jacks in every direction (100)

The Dirty Dozen

You do each exercise 12 times then 11 then 10 all the way to 1

Pushups
Squats
Sit Ups
Burpbee 
Break Fall (If applicable)

Plank for 60 seconds 

Various Stretches to loosen up for punches and kicks

From Guard

20 jabs each arm 
20 jab,crosses each arm 
20 jab,cross,hook each arm
20 jab,cross,hook,uppercut each arm 

10 stretch kicks each leg
10 crescent kicks each leg 
10 stretch/crescent kicks each leg
10 low roundhouse kicks each leg
10 body roundhouse kicks each leg
10 head roundhouse kicks each leg
10 side kicks each leg
10 reverse side kicks each leg
10 spinning crescent kicks each leg
10 spin jump crescent kicks each leg
10 hook kicks each leg
10 spin hook kicks each leg

50 elbows each side
50 knees each side 

30 5 punch combinations each side
10 3 punch/kick combinations each side

Jiujitsu 

20-30 minute grappling session

5 minute each round

Sparring 

Light-Medium Contact
3 minute rounds
6-8 rounds 

Weapons

Nunchuck 

25 front catches
25 back catches
25 spin back catches
25 spin front catches

Bo Staff (Nightwing)

Escrima Sticks -We normally just start a stick fighting drill someone attacks and we work blocks and counters

Knife- Same thing we practice blocks counters and angles of attack

This is our standard training regime hope some part of it can be useful to the RLSH community
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 21, 2016 3:43 am

WOW, very impressive. Thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:05 am

Thank you 204 this originally was our tournament prep training but after a few months it became our standard work out
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 21, 2016 8:26 am

No prob; sounds great for keeping valuable self defense skills fresh in your mind. I don't train nearly as often as I should. I'm relocating soon though to enter an apprenticeship of sorts with an individual that can help train me; too much stuff going on where I live currently, so I rarely have the time or energy to train.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 21, 2016 10:59 am

Pretty decent routine, and more detailed than I'm used to seeing from so-called amateurs. Do you have professional experience as a trainer of any kind? I see this routine as especially valuable to new or aspiring RLSH with little fighting experience.

Understanding that training routines should be tailored to individual needs, I would respectfully suggest the following additions to supplement your training.

° add a standing v. ground element to fight training, against both single and multiple opponents. Nobody wants to think they'll go down, but it's wise to train for it.

° add combinations to your training rather than single techniques. You will make your transitions smoother which can help you control a resistant opponent more easily, and your sparring sessions will gain depth when you start to see more openings to use multiple techniques in one attack.

Great post, and keep up that training.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Wed Dec 21, 2016 12:55 pm

Thanks Gauge and you are correct we both train in martial arts at an actual school so a lot is taken from the school curriculum what I posted was a basic outline and I agree everyone is different age and health play a part in what you can do your suggestions are good as well going to try to see if I can't get come volunteers from the school to help with the multiple opponent aspect
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2016 11:35 am

Adding in some time on the treadmill and some light bone conditioning
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:04 pm

How do you condition bones?
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2016 7:38 pm

You have you be extremely careful so you don't cause damage but knuckle push ups lightly punching a bag filled with sand are also another way
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:33 pm

Coolness. Think I've heard of kick-boxers rolling the handle of a baseball bat along their shin bones too. Interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Mon Dec 26, 2016 8:34 pm

...Is there a way to condition one's skull?
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2016 12:00 am

The skull I'm not sure nor would I recommend trying that one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:29 am

Indeed haha. I'm pretty sure I've seen some people who must have had their skulls conditioned somehow. Martial artists bashing bricks in with their head, or circus strong men/hammerheads. Seem like too popular/common of a circus performance art that I'm thinking there must be some safe method of hardening the skull to be able to take those kinds of impacts without losing consciousness. Perhaps rolling a golf ball along the scalp would produce the same kind of effect the kickboxers achieve with the handles of baseball bats on their shins. I'll have to google it at some point haha; seems like my head would be the first thing I'd wanna condition. I don't wear any kind of armor so bone conditioning is a particularly intriguing aspect of training. I know doing low-weight/high reps causes the muscles to come in a lot denser; getting stronger but without getting excessive mass. Want to work more on increasing my body's natural armor; the bones and muscles.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2016 8:35 am

You've got a solid regimen there. It does remind me of physical conditioning days for martial arts, and something lighter and shorter is pretty standard for a warm up. I think the greatest benefit you will gain is endurance.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Tue Dec 27, 2016 9:59 am

Thanks Blue Stranger
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 2:06 pm

Wow this seems like so long ago Nightwing and I have doubled these numbers and added in more weapons work
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 3:10 pm

Coolness.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 3:17 pm

Motivating my self to stay in hero shape constant martial arts helps branch the gap in most areas thankfully
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 4:21 pm

Nice. I've really let myself go lol.
Back to top Go down
Batman973

Batman973

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 4:22 pm

Can't help anyone if you don't help yourself first and i am also fortunate to have a small team behind me as well
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1Sat May 06, 2017 4:30 pm

Indeed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman/Nightwing's daily training    Batman/Nightwing's daily training  Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Batman/Nightwing's daily training
Page 1 of 1