Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Considering the Roman method of muslce-training

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Empty
PostSubject: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:08 pm

Rome/Greek (not sure which right now) had a great method for farmer types to get bulky with a daily method of lifting a cow over their head from it's birth. As the cow would grow and get heavier each day the farmer would also get stronger until he either reached his limit or was eventually shanked to death in this sleep by an emotionally traumatized bovine.

With that idea I was considering doing weighted training in the sense of having weights to wear that I will gradually add on as my body begins to adjust to the added heft. I was thinking either gradually adding dirt to sand bags strapped onto my limbs and body or perhaps chains that could be added onto in length. If there is a less ghetto and less retarded way of doing this I'd love to get feedback.

Because if there is a simpler way I would like to avoid having to run around looking like Jacob Marley.

Last edited by Malvado SV on Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Superhero

Superhero

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

Hmmm, The ONLY thing your supposed to do with Weight vests & Wrists & ankles etc. is stuff that doesn't involve your joints, Push ups, pull ups, dips, etc.

Just what I've heard though.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:16 pm

ankle and wrist weights are made so you can adjust the weight. they usual come with multiple 5lb or 2lb metal bars that you can add or remove.

there are also vests that work this same way.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

This is great, for the most part. What happens in reality is you'll hit a point where your progress starts to be less and less and it turns into a matter of very slight increases in weight (that's true with any physical training -- like runners reach a point where progress is measures in fractions of a second). Also don't forget about recovery periods and targeting different muscle groups.

The less ghetto way is probably a gym. Personally I don't do any weight training to speak of -- I prefer body weight exercises like different variations of push ups. But if you want to bulk up or sculpt yourself, weights are the way to go.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:20 pm

For joints, basically keep in mind what they were designed for. You risk injury whenever you increase the pounds per square inch you subject joints to beyond the level of normal human experience (in evolutionary terms). Extra weights during jumps, jumping from a higher plane downward, stuff like that....

It's why Parkour training still makes me wince instinctively at the theoretical level.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:32 pm

Moved to Training room
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Considering the Roman method of muslce-training   Considering the Roman method of muslce-training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Considering the Roman method of muslce-training
Page 1 of 1