Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?

Go down 
+14
Paladin
AoM
Urban Avenger
NightBug
Polarman
Gadgetastic!
the crimson fist
Atavistik
DRock
Flora V. Arbor
Gray
Champion
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Empty
PostSubject: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:28 pm

Just getting into the RLSH movement, and I am a smoker...I smoke about one pack every 2 days(meaning a pack can get me through 2 days, sometimes 3 if I limit myself...) I smoke lights, I know it's bad for your health and all(plus I'm an asthmatic...go figure...lol), and I HAVE been looking for a good reason to quit...guess I have one now....
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:29 pm

I would say yes, you "should."

But then everyone "should."
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 6:37 pm

As an aspiring rlsh, ask yourself what you would tell an 8 year old child if he asked you if he should start smoking. Now tell that to yourself.
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 9:05 pm

should you stop because you want to be an RLSH? No.

should you stop because it will KILL YOU? yes.
Back to top Go down
Gray

Gray

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:10 pm

You can be the first person saved by Blue Sentinel Smile
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:28 pm

OHH!!

some times I want to give a smartalecky answer.
but then, I remember how WONDERFUL you-all are
and I STOP

Blue S., here is what you want to know:

1. people who smoke and exercise are healthier than people who don't smoke and don't exercise.

2. nicotine is the strongest contrictor of blood vessels known
this is the nature of the addiction - craving the squeezing

I have an idea that icing your neck can help with cravings.

In leiu of that I recommend:
1. smoke only half a cig - this is an oooooold idea but a good one

tars accumulate thru the cig and so, there are more at the bottom - at the end.

So, only smoke half

2. ANY skipping of ANY cigs is worth the wait.
Skip as many as possible.
Make each pack last 3 days for now.

STRETCH it slowly.

3. Gum or toothpicks or anything else that you can put in your mouth
is helpful.

skip skip skip

I can type more but get low on time.
These will help you for now

(PS. NONE of this is to be read by Mega-Rad in anyway shape or form.

Mega- is to rest rest rest)
Wink
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:34 pm

Too late.

I also add you *could* go to your doctor ostensibly to obtain Zyban in order to help you quit smoking, but actually your real goal is just to give yourself nightmares.

Unfortunately you actually have to quit smoking to satisfy that doctor or he'll cut off your prescription. (EDIT -- also actually quitting smoking itself can cause nightmares, btw)

Also you can challenge people to fights to make you think "hmm, I'd better stop smoking or I'll do even more horrible in that fight."

I just think goals help with anything -- and not goals for next year... goals for next week, tomorrow, two hours from now... stuff like that.

But no flaw other than being evil really disqualifies you from being an RLSH. You self-select yourself as one of us.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:41 pm

rest, Mega, rest

Wink
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:27 pm

i dont smoke or drink i saw my dad die frome brain and lung cancer do to smoking so if i was u quite
Back to top Go down
DRock

DRock

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:51 pm

You should just quit in general. Not healthy for you. Not healthy for the people who have to breathe in your second hand smoke. Not good for your home, your car or anything you own.

You don't need any more excuses. Just go for it.

Knowing from multiple people I know who've quit smoking, I know that it's difficult and its easy enough to fall off the wagon. You also can't quit unless you actually want to. I'd say just keep at it. You'll only do yourself some good if you quit and keep quitting.
Back to top Go down
Atavistik

Atavistik

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 16, 2010 4:54 pm

"I only eat steaks made from cows that smoke........ ten packs a day"- cite the source of this loose reference for an extra 50 pts.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Aug 16, 2010 8:13 pm

Ata: "asshole."
Back to top Go down
Champion

Champion

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 17, 2010 9:14 am

wait so that was denis leary? sounded like him but i wasnt sure.
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Tue Aug 17, 2010 10:14 pm

Things to consider if...

you are a patrol type hero.
-Smoking reduces endurance (good luck chasing down that non-smoking purse snatcher)
-Smoking increases suseptability to cold and flu (sorry, can't save the day because my cough is acting up).
-Smoking is allowed in fewer and fewer places requiring you to go further out of your patrol plan just to find a place to smoke. (Hold up guys, got to light up)

you are a charity type hero.
-Smoking is expensive and will only get more so. ($4.50 per pack x 365 packs per year = $1642.5/year. How many cases of water would that buy?)

you want to get your suit together.
$1600+ PER YEAR!!! ($1600+ would make for a pretty serious supersuit!)

you are a role-model type hero.
"Little Jimmy! Why are you smoking?"
"Because super-guy smokes and I want to be just like him! cough, cough!"

=AP=

Last edited by American Paladin on Thu Aug 19, 2010 5:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:32 pm

I am a-quited, but I must observe that Flora was correct. As a smoker I could easily chase down most average people simply because I exercise regularly -- and not even a crazy level of exercise.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:20 pm

THere is always this..........thing.
It could be used to slowly reduce your cig consumption.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

At the very least you're not inhaling actual smoke and giving your loved ones cancer from second hand smoke anymore.
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:00 pm

I have a friend who swears by that electronic cigarette device.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:25 pm

I found that the best way to quit smoking is to never start I trhink one of the reasons I never started may be because so many people in my family do it also so many people are doing it from really young kids as young as 7 or 8 yrs old to people who with wires running through their faces and tanks on the back of their wheelchairs If thats my future than no thanks Also Too much peer pressure actually drove me away from rather than into smoking before I even started One of the main reasons I was chased around by bullies and punks was because they would try to get younger kids to smoke sometimes they would force them to hold the ciggerett in their mouth and breath in I just kept spitting them out and ran and that went on for about 4 years before I got the hell out of Iqaluit and down south where I saw the same thing happening again to another kid a bully was picking on him I dont know why he was doing that It may have been trying to make the kid smoke so he would be forced to buy ciggeretts from this guy or it may have been an whole different reason but thats what made me what I am today Heather crow worked in a resturaunt for 32 years in that resturaunt the air was always blue with smoke She never smoked a day in her life so when the doctor told her that she had lung cancer and that she got it from breathing second hand smoke Instead of planning her retirement she found herself planning her funeral Her last wish before she died was that all places of businesses including resturants would be smoke free before she died that she would be the last person to die of second hand smoke I hope to honor that wish by agreeing that I never smoked and I never will smoke
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:37 pm

Another thing about it I have always hated ciggeretts and smoke in the first place before the no smoking law came into effect The Navigator inn like alot of other coffee shops had a smoking section for single people to sit in and families sat in the non smoking section so to protest this I would often use the ashtray on my tqable as a saucer for my coffee cup to rest in much to the dismay of the workers in there and other people One guy had a habbit of deliberatly breathing smoke right at people who sat near his table This went on for about a week until I had more than enough I went over to him after he took my ashtray off my table then used it to light up his smokes had about 6 of them going in 2 ashtrays at a time I went over to him to politely ask him to stop breathing at people He just blew smoke at me so I told him that if he wants to be gross he could go ahead I took the ashtray from my table dumped the ciggeretts into the opther ashtray and went back and sat down with it He came over to tell me what the ash tray was for I just looked at him removed the cup from the ashtray then I sat on it and let out a really loud fart that everybody in the room and down the hall could hear He told me that was gross I told him that 2 ashtrays 6 ciggeretts and blowing it all over other people and their food is absolutly disgusting Next time he blows smoke over my supper I would go over to his table and fart on his plate just to see how he likes it I swear that when I cut loose He could see sparks that may have been left over ashes from the ciggeretts flying out from under my ass
Back to top Go down
NightBug

NightBug

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:48 pm

Wolverine smokes. A lot. Of course, for him, it doesn't make a difference, physically...
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:33 pm

Wolverine doesn't smoke anymore Smile Marvel policy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:42 am

Many have already stated this, but you are a role model whether you like it or not, so I think it would send a positive message if you didn't. You could even use your quitting story to inspire people to do quit other bad habits. Oh and yes, it decreases your athletic ability. Plus I find it kinda gross.
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Sun Aug 29, 2010 3:49 am

I'm not a big fan of cancer... let alone paying for it.

cancer sucks, just so you know. and lung cancer is a really bad way to go.
Back to top Go down
AoM

AoM

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2010 9:34 pm

The fact that you're having to ask should tip you off.. I think you want to quit, but you're timid and need reassuring, but then again, I could be off in left field. Wink With that in mind, I don't think anyone else on this site, Mega Rad included, will encourage you to keep smoking. However, just like being a rlsh, it's all up to personal preference but if you must smoke, please do so in good taste. Out of costume, away from children, and far away from flammable vapors. My two pennies. Smile
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:26 pm

..It makes you impotent, smelly, yellows your teeth and stains your nails... it can reduce you to a hacking, cancerous, hairless irradiated mess, and it costs more than owning a car....

What's the payoff, again?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?   Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH? Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Probably has been asked before, but should I quit smoking if I want to be a RLSH?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next