Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

RLSH training

Go down 
+5
Blue Stranger
Equal
Urban Avenger
Gauge
Ghost hawk
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:00 pm

Step 1

Get fit
50 pull ups
100 push ups
200 sit ups

Run 3 miles in 30 minutes

Step 2

Work on skills

Teamwork skills
Leadership skills
Detective skills

Step 3 preparation

Bulletprove vest
Stun gun
Pepper spray

I made this plan a couple months or so. I would say it would take 3 years to complete depends really, just don't rush it. There are some other stuff I would suggest like CPR, because if your on protrol and
some gets stabbed you mite a we'll be prepared.
U can run in to anything on protrol so it's hard to be
Prepared, I'm still training I'm just sharing with you guys my plan. Learning how to fight would be a good
To help with self defence
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 21, 2015 10:18 pm

Any reasonably mentally and physically fit person can be trained to patrol competence in six months. A year tops if they plan to go solo. Just depends on how much time and effort goes into the training. Three years is too long to wait.
Back to top Go down
Ghost hawk

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 01, 2015 12:31 am

Your right I'm just working on getting in shape the past months
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:37 am

This is all fine, but I find detective skills totally useless in this sort of activity. You are way better off learning deescalation skills. They will be far more useful to you.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:38 am

Have to agree there. Although some detective skills are very useful (interviewing skills help with social aspects) knowing how to take fingerprints is useless. Deescalation is a far more powerful tool.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:41 am

First aid. Found more use for that than violence. Mostly been drunk when I've used it, so it's something I've had to be very good at.

Maybe I shouldn't advocate using it intoxicated, might work for me because I'm very good at it and highly intelligent.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Mon Jul 13, 2015 7:02 am

Gauge wrote:
Any reasonably mentally and physically fit person can be trained to patrol competence in six months. A year tops if they plan to go solo. Just depends on how much time and effort goes into the training. Three years is too long to wait.

That's a useful figure to have--the six months for patrol competence. I'm going to tuck that away and throw it at people who might otherwise despair of getting ready for any kind of patrol-like civic duty.
Back to top Go down
Yeezus

Yeezus

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2015 12:01 pm

Honestly, I think sometimes more than six months could be good. When people finally get their training to a point where they are comfortable, they are lulled into a false sense of security and make mistakes. Normally a mistake isn't too serious, as RLSH's don't tend to deal with really serious things, but things do happen.

I'm a fan of Murphy's Law: Anything that can go wrong, will go wrong.
Back to top Go down
nightmare

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2015 7:38 pm

When we patrol, we have little to no training at all especially my teammates are completely useless since they all act stupid but despite all that, we've managed to watch over the streets.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sat Jul 18, 2015 10:55 pm

Nope, if they're "acting stupid" then they're not watching the streets. And Yeezus: training never stops, but to be competent to go out with a group, starting out with a good physical and mental foundation, should take no more than six months. That's not absolute. It could be seven, it could be five, depending on the person.
Back to top Go down
Anyman

Anyman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:17 am

Interesting that you would say that, Yeezus. Murphy's Law is actually a series of laws, all relating to war, which are, indeed, summed up by that phrase. One law that stands out is, "Murphy was a grunt", as in, Murphy was an enlisted member of the U.S. Army, and not an officer. Either way, it does speak to the importance of realistic training, and in many cases, it doesn't get any more real. Not that everyone has the ability to join the military, but training materials are available for just about anybody with the time and interest to look for them. A lot of the skills also translate reasonably into civilian life and skills, though it would be wise to remember the difference between a criminal environment in a peaceful, law-abiding region of the world, and a battlefield in a theatre of war.
Back to top Go down
Cornelius Brunner

Cornelius Brunner

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 9:33 am

OATZ and SQUOTS.

Srsly, though, apart from what Ghost Hawk already said, I'd add squats. Skipping rope is good too.

What I'd consider vital skills are first aid and any kind of martial arts, as long as it's current and ongoing.

Indispensable gear, what you shouldn't go on patrol without, would be a first aid pouch, flashlight and cellphone. Mask and gloves if you have a secret ID. Compact cape or poncho with hood because crime doesn't care if it's raining!

Bonus exercise would be burpees, hindu pushups, and handstand pushups.

Bonus training: Parkour and investigation. At least being able to take a spill and remember a numberplate.

Bonus gear: Whatever protective gear and non-lethal weapons are legal where you are, it varies widely, in Oz civilian body armour is illegal and you have to check for ID before selling a plastic butterknife.
Back to top Go down
Blue Stranger

Blue Stranger

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 27, 2015 5:14 pm

Don't neglect flexibility either while you are building up muscle. Stretches fit into a routine easily as warmup and cooldown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

RLSH training Empty
PostSubject: Re: RLSH training   RLSH training Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

RLSH training
Page 1 of 1