Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

What Martial Art?

Go down 
+27
JohnDoe
Midnite Detective
RedLight
patchwork
Red Falcon
The Jinn
Black Cat
Vulpo
Night Stryder
Rogue
thanatos
Paladin
Chivalry
Crossfire the Crusader
Sleepless
E0N (Inactive)
Flora V. Arbor
Zimmer
Krystalline
RobertHood
NightAngel
Gauge
Jack Shadow
Short Cut
Equal
Red Dragon
Dark Guardian
31 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

What Martial Art? - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:30 pm

thantos is correct about that. if the dog is leaping at your neck i suppose if the kicking failed then you do have the option of diverting their head from your neck, and its probably a better idea. i wont argue with experience on this.

however being a small guy who owns a dog that is bigger than he is i would hesitate to wrestle with the dog when the dog has me on the ground. i know that even against my own dog that wont work for me. any tips for this situation other than the arm?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:44 pm

Just a layman talking here, but I've heard of weapons being described as "the great equalizer" a couple times. I love animals, too -- a lot, actually. But it seems like "pick something up and hit the dog with it" belongs on the checklist.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:46 pm

eye gouge, knee to genitalia or abdomin, ears are sensitive as well to grabing and tearing

eon= whatever is handy is always a option

this is how we were taught in the army and past experience has proven it works
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:48 pm

lolololol yes ofc. however trained attack dogs wont stop if you just hit them. they don't stop till they are dead or out cold. keep that in mind, it will get really, really, really ugly.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:52 pm

very, very true
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 6:53 pm

that last post was at eon, thantos i don't see this stopping the dog before it stops me. i once got bitten by a blind dog that smelt where i was.

these dogs don't care about pain. i know that first hand.

on the news just last week was a guy that got attacked by a pack of dogs that some owner had off leash. they attacked him and left him within an inch of his life. even as a bystander attacked the dogs with a baseball bat to try and get them off of him. this happened in Chicago.

i have strong suspicion that these were fighting dogs, but the report said nothing about them being so. if they weren't then that's even scarier
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:00 pm

patchwork wrote:

i have strong suspicion that these were fighting dogs, but the report said nothing about them being so. if they weren't then that's even scarier
If they weren't fighting dogs then you can be sure that they were abused plenty anyway. Dogs are supposed to be tame, that's the whole point in their existence, so when they aren't, that's evidence of failure from the owner.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:02 pm

indeed.

Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:09 pm

last year I came a cross a very nasty trend that is appearing with drug dealers, they have the voice box removed from the dog so it cant bark or growl and is silent. this is so you cant hear them coming or attacking.

it makes them even more vicious to encounter.

the paractice while not against the law anywhere, is 'frowned apon' by reputable vets.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 10, 2012 7:17 pm

thanatos wrote:

the paractice while not against the law anywhere, is 'frowned apon' by reputable vets.
It should be illegal... There's no good reason to have it taken out.
Back to top Go down
Dark Guardian

Dark Guardian

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:11 pm

There are some dumb convos in this thread
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:12 pm

It's been tracking off. And there's to many hypotheses here. MA is not religion, it's science.

Please don't share solutions to attacks you haven't studied/experienced, people can get hurt. IMO this thread need a shave. It's getting wierd. Been very cool if people took a reality check and removed irresponsible advice from their posts. I'll go through mine.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2012 8:17 pm

Just noticed that I can't edit my posts. Razz
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:31 am

Dark Guardian wrote:
There are some dumb convos in this thread
There's some dumb advice in this thread.
Live and learn and scar up nicely.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:46 am

Midnite Detective wrote:

There's some dumb advice in this thread.
Live and learn and scar up nicely.
He might have just been voicing it out of concern rather than complaining.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:53 am

Off-topic but how come we can't edit our posts anymore?
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:19 am

JohnDoe wrote:
Off-topic but how come we can't edit our posts anymore?
Because people kept deleting their posts all the time.
Back to top Go down
Max

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:26 pm

I can't edit my own posts anymore?
Back to top Go down
Max

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 4:28 pm

Hmph. Screw that.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:28 am

Yeah, anyone notice how the boards have become more restrictive at the same time Kim Jong-un came to power? Coincidence? I think not!

Annoy, I'm on to you. Canadian my @$$Razz
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:28 am

I know for a fact that Nony has a reason for all the restrictions, but I hate restrictions. W/e im sure he'll figure something out that will satisfy everyone. Could we start a thread to throw some ideas out or somethin?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:15 pm

I understand the frustration, but it's not that big of a deal if people make typos. Just make your typos and -- on this thread, at least -- make your typos about what martial art you prefer, please.

I can't say I "prefer" this one, but I'd jump for joy if I had the opportunity to study it: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 23, 2012 1:37 pm

Hmm... I guess you can study it, at least a bit. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I didn't see a bunch of videos up when I first had heard about it.

And it actually looks useful. To be honest the only reason I became interested in it is because it's "weird."
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:00 pm

It is weird. I posted about JHR a while ago on this very thread. Nice to see someone else has heard of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1Sun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

My personal favorite is Pressure Point Combat. It utilizes vital point strikes and can immobilize an assailant in seconds without causing any major harm to him.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What Martial Art?   What Martial Art? - Page 7 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

What Martial Art?
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next