Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Enviroman's Training Log

Go down 
+4
DRock
Gauge
E0N (Inactive)
Enviroman
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Enviroman

Enviroman

Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:54 am

TRAINING LOG 1/4/11
Weight: 202 lbs
1x10 Pullups @ 20 lbs
2x7 Pullups @ 20 lbs.
3x10 HSPU @ 20 lbs.
3x7 Front Squats w/200lb. sandbag
3x10 Oblique Side Bends w/90 lb sandbag
3x7 Standing Rollouts with Ab Wheel

Did a pretty core-heavy routine. Had a really hard time on the front squats because the sandbag is getting so big I can't fit my arms all the way around it, making it tough to grab. My form suffered a bit because of it, I think I'm gonna be at 200 lbs for another cycle or two. Hoping my abs and back feel destroyed tomorrow from the combination of front squats, side bends, and rollouts. Also tinkered with my resistance vest some more, gonna see how that works out tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:25 am

That's inspiring, Enviroman. I started doing daily 1 hour of cardio immediately followed by 1 hour of intensive weight training, but it all came crashing down after the birth of my son. Now, I'm lucky to get in a workout 3x/wk. it would be nice to condense those routines somehow.

Any advice (from anyone) for someone with very (and I mean VERY) limited time? My main goals are to drop 30 lbs. and up my bench and other lifts by, like, 15-20%. Some agility exercises would be cool, too.

-A
______

The quest for justice is eternal
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:27 am

Cool. I've been thinking about your resistance vest. If you get some time and could post pics that'd be cool. Take care.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 am

The Aristocrat wrote:
That's inspiring, Enviroman. I started doing daily 1 hour of cardio immediately followed by 1 hour of intensive weight training, but it all came crashing down after the birth of my son. Now, I'm lucky to get in a workout 3x/wk. it would be nice to condense those routines somehow.

Any advice (from anyone) for someone with very (and I mean VERY) limited time? My main goals are to drop 30 lbs. and up my bench and other lifts by, like, 15-20%. Some agility exercises would be cool, too.
Diet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:39 am

@ Dogman- Milk bones?

-A
______

The quest for justice is eternal
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:05 am

@Artistocrat: Diet, and High Intensity Interval Training(HIIT). The most common HIIT method is tabata intervals. Basically you do a single action as fast and hard as you can for twenty seconds, then rest for ten seconds, and repeat. Do this for four minutes, which would be 8 30 second intervals back to back with no rest. I've done this with sprinting, burpees, bodyweight squats, and mountain climbers, all with great success. It'll build your strength and agility if you mix up what exercise you do with each workout, and the magic of HIIT is it shocks your body so much that it actually boosts your metabolism for a full half hour after exercise. Burns crazy calories. I actually might make a post about it later today, actually.

@E0N: I'll see if I can post some pictures tonight. I found some clothesline tighteners at Lowe's yesterday that solved my problems so far, I'll see if I can get some pics and/or video.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:24 am

Stay away from carb with high Glycemic Index and cut down on saturated fat. It stabelize your blood suger (and with it your appetite), give you more energy. Alot of protein is good, so don't cut down on the meat. It's the sauce that kills you.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:35 am

Sorry for being vauge, but I don't know what you usually eat over the Atlantic. Hopefully somebody with local knowlege could answer more spesificly.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Nasty headache/lack of sleep today, so no cardio/exercising. BUT, I did take the time to film my resistance vest, which you can find in this thread:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:37 am

TRAINING LOG 1/9/11

Weight: 204lbs

1x10 Pullups @ 20 lbs
2x9 Pullups @ 20 lbs
3x10 HSPUs @ 20 lbs
3x10 Pushups @ 130 lbs
3x10 Oblique Side Bends @ 100 lbs
3x10 Hanging Leg Lifts @ 5 lbs(held between feet)
10 Minutes Hill Sprints
20 Minutes Karate Speed Drills

I'm noticing I have a much harder time getting workouts in during the second half of the week. I'm gonna keep working on this but for now I'm at least frontloading my week with lots of exercise. Worked out with my fiance tonight, which was fun. She's trying to lose weight, I'm trying to gain it, hahaha. I've been helping her a lot with diet and exercise, she's doing quite well(already lost 6 lbs!). Tomorrow's a cardio day.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:45 am

Oh yeah, broke one of the resistance bands on my resistance vest during the speed drills, time for a bit of a redesign.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 10, 2011 12:17 pm

Cool, man, and thanks for posting about your resistance vest. I feel your pain on the weight gaining issue.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:48 pm

TRAINING LOG 1/11/11

Weight: 202lbs

1x10 Pullups @ 20 lbs
2x9 Pullups @ 20 lbs
3x10 HSPUs @ 20 lbs
2x10 Ring Dips @ 20 lbs
1x5 Ring Dips @ 20 lbs

Was in kind of a crappy mood today, been dealing with a lot of annoying tech related stuff in my house. Normally the anger kinda fuels the workout but my heart/mind just wasn't in the game today so I performed pretty poorly. Also didn't eat enough today. I need to pack in more calories, gotta go grocery shopping tomorrow. On the upside we're getting more snow in the northeast so i should get a good workout shoveling tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:24 pm

TRAINING LOG 1/13/11

Weight: 203 lbs

3x7 Front Squats 200lb sandbag
1x15 Pullups
1x12 Pullups
1x10 Pullups
2x15 HSPU
1x11 HSPU
1x35 Pushups
1x25 Pushups
1x13 Pushups
1x10 Chinups
1x30 Bicycle Crunches
2x30 Side Crunches(both sides)
1x10 Dragon Flags

So I started with the front squats since being fatigued when I did them last time seemed to hurt my form. It worked pretty well, had better form this time. Still not great, though. I need to built a platform to rest the bag on to start. The rest of my exercise was bodyweight burnouts, no added weight, done at a good pace, going to failure with each set. The pushups in particular got much harder towards the end, since they share muscle groups with the handstand pushups and came immediately after them in my circuit.

Also, dragon flags are my new love for ab destruction. Check em out:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:21 am

Hope y'all didn't think I fell off the bus, haha. Been busy, still working out, though informally. Got some swimming in, played a SICK game of football on a frozen lake(that was interesting...), went to a black belt weapons training weekend, yada yada. Back to our normally scheduled programming now, though.

TRAINING LOG 1/31/11
Weight: 208 lbs

1x7 Pullups @ 20lbs
2x6 Pullups @ 20lbs
3x7 HSPUs @ 20lbs
3x7 Sandbag Front Squats @ 200lbs
2x7 Standing Ab Rollouts
1x5 Standing Ab Rollouts

Bangin the rust off. Had a surprisingly difficult time with the HSPUs. I'll bounce back by the time workout rolls around again tomorrow, though(this was yesterday's workout). Gonna try to get some cardio in today, tomorrow is chinups, pushups, deadlifts, and dragon flags.
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:57 am

Crap, I've been working out, but not updating like I should. Backlog for the past few days.

TRAINING LOG 2/6/11
3x7 Pullups @ 20 lbs
3x7 Dips @ 20 lbs
3x7 Pistol Squats(unweighted)
3x7 Dragon Flags
Full Stretch Session

TRAINING LOG 2/7/11
20 Minutes Hand/Weapons Katas
Full Stretch Session

TRAINING LOG 2/8/11
Weight: 209 lbs
3x7 Chinups @ 20 lbs
3x7 HSPUs @ 20 lbs
3x7 Sandbag Deadlifts @ 200 lbs
3x7 Ab Wheel Standing Rollouts
3x7 Front Sledgehammer Levers
3x7 Back Sledgehammer Levers
Full Stretch Session

I've had to ramp up my food intake even more lately, but I'm getting closer to that magic 215. My exercises get progressively harder as I gain weight, I haven't had to up my backpack weight simply because my bodyweight is increasing fast enough to provide a gradually greater challenge. Cardio's almost completely out the door at the moment, which bothers me, but it's hard enough for me to gain weight as it is. My deadlifts and front squats are good enough form now that I feel comfortable starting to increase the weight again. I've been doing a full stretch session every workout now to maintain/increase flexibility.

Overall I have to say that with the exception of my cardio suffering, I'm really happy with the results of this regimen so far. My arms aren't getting too over-inflated(though they are a bit bigger), and my emphasis on solid core work and back exercises has given me the solid, gorilla torso I've been going for. I just FEEL like a tree trunk. Unfortunately my thighs have gotten bigger to the point where I'm having to buy bigger pants and cinching them up tight with a belt to hold them on just so I have pant legs that my thighs can fit in.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:36 am

HOW DID I MISSS THIS THREAD???

DUDE!!!

Let's do this!!!

Are you doing the three miles?
Are you changing your lift every day?
What are you eating???
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:41 am

hahaha, sorry, haven't been updating this much lately, still been working out just haven't been online much.

As of mid-February I ended my building phase, and I've started training for a race called the Tought Mudder. 10 mile long military-inspired race/obstacle course I'm running with some buddies from karate. We're set to run it in early may.

Old diet was high protein, good fats, moderate carbs, high calorie.

New diet(what I've been on since mid-february) is lean protein, lower fats, higher carbs, medium calorie. I'm looking to maintain the mass I've gained while dropping bodyfat percentage and getting my cardio back. I'm doing five or six small meals a day, usually a lean protein/dairy paired with a fruit, or a veggie. Most of my carbs come in the morning in the form of oatmeal and whole grain goodies, that's typically with my first two meals, or meals one and three.

Fitness wise I'm at similar lifting weights, although at this point I've got several new variations I'm trying out, I'm also doing a lot more dragon flags and stuff. I've got a few 3-4 mile courses mapped out in my neighborhood that give me a good variation of elevation and terrain, I usually run as much as I can and then walk, sprinting whenever I start to catch my breath. It's a good mix of aerobic/anaerobic cardio. I've also gone back to judo twice a week, which is great overall fitness and self defense training.

I'll see if I can post a current workout or two soon. =D
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Mar 11, 2011 1:39 pm

Enviroman wrote:
hahaha, sorry, haven't been updating this much lately, still been working out just haven't been online much.

As of mid-February I ended my building phase, and I've started training for a race called the Tought Mudder. 10 mile long military-inspired race/obstacle course I'm running with some buddies from karate. We're set to run it in early may.
YOUR BODY DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOUR PHASES.

LET'S MAKE YOU A VERY SHORT LIFT THAT YOU CAN DO TWICE A WEEK.
USE YOUR OTHER TRAINING TO FULFILL YOUR CARDIO

Old diet was high protein, good fats, moderate carbs, high calorie.

New diet(what I've been on since mid-february) is lean protein, lower fats, higher carbs, medium calorie.

TELL ME EXACTLY WHAT YOU EAT AND WHEN, PLEASE
BECAUSE i AM MOM-LIKE AND I WORRY.

I'm looking to maintain the mass I've gained while dropping bodyfat percentage and getting my cardio back. I'm doing five or six small meals a day, usually a lean protein/dairy paired with a fruit, or a veggie.
EXACTLY. THIS DOESN'T TELL IF YO ARE DOING WHAT IS NEEDED

Most of my carbs come in the morning in the form of oatmeal and whole grain goodies, that's typically with my first two meals, or meals one and three

YOUR BRAIN NEEDS CARBS ALL DAY AND NIGHT AND CANNOT TAKE THEM OUT OF MUSLCE STORAGE.

Fitness wise I'm at similar lifting weights, although at this point I've got several new variations I'm trying out, I'm also doing a lot more dragon flags and stuff. I've got a few 3-4 mile courses mapped out in my neighborhood that give me a good variation of elevation and terrain, I usually run as much as I can and then walk, sprinting whenever I start to catch my breath. It's a good mix of aerobic/anaerobic cardio. I've also gone back to judo twice a week, which is great overall fitness and self defense training.

I'll see if I can post a current workout or two soon. =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Enviroman's Training Log   Enviroman's Training Log - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Enviroman's Training Log
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2