Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta

Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Empty
PostSubject: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:03 pm

Hi my name is PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta. I just joined recently, and for those interested, I would like to share some radical ideas about human beings. I am currently undergoing a shamanic journey, so my research into these topics is nowhere near complete. First I would like to share some life experience to put this into context. I have attended several silent meditations at retreats in California, you can do this through free through an organization founded by S.N. Goenka at dhamma.org, I have spent time dedicating myself completely to tai chi and yoga. With all of this spiritual development I have come to a very basic personal conceptual understanding of "energy".

I would like to introduce a book to you guys, it's called the "Future of the Body" and it's written by the founder of the Esalen institute in California. Micheal Murphy was inspired by Sri Aurobindo and the Mother this is also good reading.

Basically the idea behind the book is that through shamanism, sports, martial arts, yoga, christian traditions, mystical practice, trance, altered state, meditation, tibetan mystical practice, voodoo, etc. etc. etc. we can achieve "meta-normal" capacities of Perception, Somatic Movement, Awareness and self-regulation, Communication Abilities, Vitality, Movement Abilities, Abilities to Alter Environment, Pain and Pleasure, Cognition, Volition and other things.

Due to what I have experienced within my body on a personal level this seems totally natural to me.

I was wondering if within this community there are people who know what I'm talking about or want to discuss these things.

<3 Peace
Back to top Go down
blackvoid

blackvoid

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:06 pm

welcome and the book sounds awsome!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:15 pm

I also got a very basic personal conceptual understanding of energy, based on physics and chemistry (and martial arts). Feel free to make an introduction post, seems like you have alot to tell about yourself.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:31 pm

I'm interested in stuff like performance optimization, human enhancement, modeling skills, etc, myself, PsychicSeraphicLotusMetta.

Discussion about mystical and "meta-normal" things here probably isn't going to get very far before turning ugly, though. This is not a forum of people who believe in developing superhuman powers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 18, 2011 6:36 pm

Don't drink the koolaid. :p
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy   Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Future of the Body, Micheal Murphy
Page 1 of 1