Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE

Go down 
+9
Bridges
Equal
Jack Shadow
Crossfire the Crusader
E0N (Inactive)
Artisteroi
Statesman
Gauge
Rogue
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage

Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:54 pm

I've worked in law enforcement, but not as a uniformed or sworn officer, so not in the way you mean, yeah.

Do we have an ex-officers, or current officers in the community? I know we have some in corrections, security, and some of the related fields.

I'm gonna say right now, if you have applicable experience and would like to add a section, as long as you make it clear it's purely anecdotal or your experience or whatever, I think it could only add value. I suspect many have worked with some of these theories, or results of them, without even being aware.
Back to top Go down
Equal

Equal

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 6:07 pm

This is one of the examples of the intresting topics turing into silly threads. Where are the mods? They are busy making the intresting topic a silly thread. Laughing

For the naisayers, if you don't know shit about research on a subject, you wouldn't know what you are missing. I'm sure crimology might be useful for RLSH crimefighting.

And when somebody is trying to do something positive, don't start digging up all the negative crap you can find (social learning theory say: STUPID!!!).

From my own POV, I don't think all of the theories you have listet would be useful for this kind of crimefighting. But stigma theory (8: labeling theory) can be useful for everybody who's interacting with people of misfortune. I'll wrote something about that a few years ago, I could throw it in if I can find it. I'll check when I get home.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:21 pm

I don't think anyone here is trying to actively discourage people from taking a look at criminology... already at least two people have said "I thought this might be interesting, but then it was just crappy drama" (in effect)
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:37 pm

I studied some criminology, criminal justice, history of law enforcement, investigations stuff years ago... actually I still have textbooks and books in boxes somewhere.

IMO most of the theories of crime stuf is likely to be of use in helping people figure out what they believe or how they view the world more than in any tactical sort of way. At a police academy I imagine it might be an hour block of instruction, if that.

But there's no harm in thinking about it. If people don't want to take a look at criminology... that's up to each person.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:39 pm

right. If it is relevant to US. by all means, get educated.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:40 pm

The ENTIRE poimt of this is to prove relevance to rlsh. wait until aug 15. Or do research.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:51 pm

There will be many detailed reports on just that. In august.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:56 pm

That wouldmbe genuinely wonderful, thank you
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:57 pm

Not at all. If you feel like that discussion needs to continue... that's up to you guys. I do think it ruins this particular thread to have it here.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:00 pm

agreed.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:31 pm

Ball is in your court now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:40 pm

Thanks. Everyone, everything on the first page, in addition to all criminology theories not listed (there are many) are fair game, get em while they're hot!
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:39 pm

I'll take Feminist Theories.
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:36 am

I'll take Deterrence Theory.
Back to top Go down
SkyMan

SkyMan

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:30 pm

I'll try Social Learning Theory.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 pm

Excellent
Back to top Go down
Bridges

Bridges

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:56 am

Fuck. I haven't forgot about this, but I'm very behind. I've got roughly two pages of research done and that's it.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Aug 25, 2011 11:23 am

6 more days in August... I don't think I'm going to meet the deadline.
Back to top Go down
Gauge

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:27 pm

Of all the people here (6, I think) who opted to take on this challenge, did anyone at all finish and post the results of their study? I haven't seen any, even from Nemesis (who issued the CHALLENGE, and promised to post an example on July 17th, I believe. So what happened?
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:39 pm

I looked up mine in an old criminology textbook, read it, and then basically forgot about this because of other stuff going on. What can I say?

There are things I genuinely need to do in my life that I haven't gotten to yet. It's nothing personal.
Back to top Go down
Rogue

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 7:46 pm

I got some articles about it but haven't gotten the chance to read them. I'd like to but life is just too hectic right now.

-Rogue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:27 pm

What happened is I was issued a threat about continuing this thread. There are people who don't want this discussion to happen. So I dropped it, because I don't gain anything by posting it, getting banned, and having it deleted.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:58 pm

Actually you were issued a WARNING by the ADMIN of this site because you insist on pushing YOUR ideas of what is and is not best for this community while refusing to even provide one shred of proof that you have EVER stepped out of your mothers basement.

A threat would imply that there was nothing to back it up....The ADMIN who issued your warning has more than enough power to follow through with the permaban you were warned of should you ignore his WARNING and continue to thumb your nose at his authority.

HOWEVER...its up to that ADMIN if he chooses to let you continue this or not...and its up to YOU if you choose to ignore his order.

Have fun!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:22 am

Again, a threat given by those whose leadership depends on you not realizing that their "leadership" depends on you not requiring their most basic understanding of crime, in a community supposedly interested in combatting it. Your own conclusions to be drawn here, people.
Back to top Go down
Crossfire the Crusader

Crossfire the Crusader

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Fri Sep 16, 2011 2:01 am

AGAIN

A rule set down by the person in charge of the board...to the person who by being ON this board agrees to abide by the terms OF this board.

If you dont like the way things are run here then leave.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE   Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Nemesis' SUMMER CHALLENGE
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next