Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

The Oracle Project

Go down 
+34
The Archer
Shade
Arpenteur
herointraining
Stephen Hannaway
the crimson fist
Superman
C
Vulpo
Nite Watch
DarkShadow
Hazmat
Ohm
Gauge
Urban Avenger
Boundless
Midnite Detective
Kaiju
Leviathan
Bridges
Cognito
Batguy
Ako
Equal
Jack Shadow
The Reverend
Polarman
Artisteroi
Krystalline
thanatos
Paladin
E0N (Inactive)
Gadgetastic!
Zimmer
38 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:12 am

Eon had the brilliant idea to make a crime information wiki, Krystalline had a lot of fabulous resources to share, Artisteroi wanted to archive Victim's tech information, and I need a way to organize my NYI research. So, I propose a solution to each of these: a wiki where we can preserve and organize online resources, share them with each other, and engage everyday people in being informed citizens.

As a bonus, we could have an FAQ so we never again have to explain why combat capes and grappling hooks are a bad idea. Naturally, the wiki is free to be read or edited by anyone at any time.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

As you can see, I've begun to flesh out a general outline of the wiki with some basic pages. For example, research specific to New York City is all under one page. Any city with RLSH can have it's own page to archive research, resources, news and more.

Pages like "Crime Mapping" and "Research Tools" identify some frequently used Oracle tools of mine, most of them free.

Most importantly of all, the page "Incoming Transmission" is a dumping ground for any and all texts, papers, news reports, links, resources and more you'd like to share. Just post the link in the appropriate section and we can organize it later.

Enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:48 am

New pages: "Gear and Gadgets", "Hacker Leaks", "Engineering", "Free and Useful Books" and more to come.
Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:08 am

Excellent
Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:27 am

Zimmer you have done it again nice work
Back to top Go down
Gadgetastic!

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 1:35 pm

That rocks!
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 2:34 pm

Yes, it does. I'll see what kind of stuff I have sitting around that I can add to it this weekend.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:20 pm

New pages "People Searches" and "Urban Survival".
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 3:52 pm

New pages "Government Resources" and "Business Resources".
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:04 pm

New pages "Non-Profit" and "Organized Crime".
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 4:36 pm

New page "International Research", and added Biology and Chemistry sections to the "Engineering" page. Doubled the size of "Research Tools".
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Added Filtering Tools section to "Research Tools".
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:14 pm

Adding notes to a few of the research tools as there are a few dozen sites up now.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 5:54 pm

Added quite a few items to the "Gear and Gadgets" page.

Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:04 pm

Zimmer, same thing I told DG: Feel free to post the Canadian Powers of Arrest/Use of Force stuff I put up recently. I'm gonna clean it up for him, so if you want to wait until then, that's cool too.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:30 pm

With respect, that's kind of defeating the point of a wiki... if you think something should be there, just post it. That's how they work.

Smile
Back to top Go down
Paladin

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:47 pm

E0N wrote:
With respect, that's kind of defeating the point of a wiki... if you think something should be there, just post it. That's how they work.

Smile

true dat.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:05 pm

I'm just happy I'm finally getting this stuff organized and not sprawled out over twitter, Facebook, word documents and forum posts.
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:24 pm

The Oracle Project is up to 85 pages. Not bad for only 24 hours of being up.
Back to top Go down
thanatos

thanatos

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:14 am

great stuff Zimmer. this is going to prove to be a important resource for everyone as time goes on.

thanks for taking the time to do this. I predict that having this information available will in fact, save lives down the road.

Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:33 am

Thank you. I'll be adding a lot of military resources today. Also thinking about an entire section for tactics and another for drug information.

What information would you all use and like to see? What would be most helpful?
Back to top Go down
Krystalline

Krystalline

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:46 am

Gang and organized crime information should probably be added. I realize that it's hard to find, but a lot of the major cities have problems with it, and it would be good for people to have a place where they can recognize the markers for gangs that are outside their area in case if new people start moving in.

Zimmer I have a feeling that I'm going to be all over that wiki this weekend. I'll go through everything and see if I can find articles that would pertain to, well, anything and everything.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:51 am

Zimmer wrote:
The Oracle Project is up to 85 pages. Not bad for only 24 hours of being up.

Dude that is super!

hehe
Back to top Go down
Zimmer

Zimmer

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:40 pm

The Organized Crime page needs work but it's up.

Artisteroi, if you wanted to add a page for Eon project I'd be honored, and I have a few of Victim's and Major's links to add later today.
Back to top Go down
Artisteroi

Artisteroi

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 1:49 pm

I'll do my best to get some stuff together this weekend, but my schedule is pretty tight so it may not happen. But I will try to squeeze it in.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1Fri Jul 15, 2011 4:16 pm

Zimmer --

I'm attempting to create a modest page on Non-Lethal Weapons as a sub-page of "Gear and Gadgets," basically to figure out how to make pages on this wiki.

However copying and pasting isn't working for me for some reason. Is there some trick to it or is my office computer just weird? Copying and pasting works here on the forum, blogs, Facebook, etc etc... Razz

Is it maybe actually just not possible to cut and paste there...? I read through the help section and couldn't find anything on something that basic. But you created a lot of pages very quickly -- it seems like it has to be possible.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Oracle Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Oracle Project   The Oracle Project Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

The Oracle Project
Page 1 of 9Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next