Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Workout/Training music soundtrack!

Go down 
+12
hiddensparrow
toggle
C
Amazonia
Instructor
Vulpo
CrusaderPrime
Polarman
Midnite Detective
Flora V. Arbor
E0N (Inactive)
Crimson Catalyst
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Crimson Catalyst

Crimson Catalyst

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

Workout/Training music soundtrack! Empty
PostSubject: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2012 10:59 am

I figured it would be interesting to share music with one another, appropriate for working out to. I find that when I am running for extended periods of time, my music is what keeps me pumping long and hard, all the way through. I would especially like to expand my list of up-tempo beats best suited for vigorous training sessions. That being said, what do you ladies and gentlemen enjoy listening to during your exercises?? Here are a select few titles from my own playlist:

Alex Gaudino feat. Crystal Waters - Destination Calabria
Basement Jaxx - Good Luck
Black Eyed Peas - Pump It
Brigitte - Ma Benz
The Chemical Brothers - Galvanize
Cocco - カウントダウン (Countdown)
Dir en grey - The Final
Florence & The Machine - Drumming
Garbage - Push It
Ida Corr vs. Fedde Le Grand - Let Me Think About It
Imogen Heap - Headlock (High Contrast Remix)
Kaskade - Steppin' Out
KT Tunstall - Black Horse And The Cherry Tree
Lacuna Coil - Heaven's a Lie
Nine Inch Nails - Deep
Paloma Faith - Upside Down
A Perfect Circle - Counting Bodies Like Sheep to the Rhythm of the War Drums
Poe - Wild
The Prodigy - Firestarter
Turbo feat. Harisu - History
The White Stripes - Seven Nation Army

Looking forward to hearing some more, from other people! I love you

~CC
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2012 11:41 am

I get really bored exercising, honestly. I prefer to listen to old radio programs, movies playing in the background, recordings of lectures/audio books, the news, etc... pretty much all the same kinds of things I prefer for long drives or while cooking.

I also like to switch what I'm doing frequently or how I'm doing it, which doesn't relate to your question so much except that I do it for the same reason I listen to stuff -- to avoid boredom.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:32 pm

E0N wrote:
I get really bored exercising, honestly. I prefer to listen to old radio programs, movies playing in the background, recordings of lectures/audio books, the news, etc... pretty much all the same kinds of things I prefer for long drives or while cooking.

I also like to switch what I'm doing frequently or how I'm doing it, which doesn't relate to your question so much except that I do it for the same reason I listen to stuff -- to avoid boredom.

I shouldn't even type on this subject.
I agree with EON. I LOVE audio books,
I have a class that likes to listen to "Jonny Dollar" while we do shoulders

and I have to own LOTS of workout music because I teach exercise classes.

I love the mix above tho!

If you want more, you can see also: www.dynamixmusic.com , www.musclemixesmusic.com and www.32mixes.com
Back to top Go down
Midnite Detective

Midnite Detective

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:46 pm

A mix of instrumental soundtracks (Last of the Mohicans, Sherlock Holmes, Brotherhood of the Wolf, currently the Fright Night remake) mixed in with bits of metal, classical, and sometimes a touch of old country.

I should start listening to mp3s teaching Spanish and French though.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 09, 2012 2:30 pm

Shoveling snow = Superman Movies Power Rangers The Movie Ninja Turtles 1 and II Supergirl Star Trek 1 - 10 Kung Fu Fighting

Work out on my Athleats World NES game Star Wars Phantom of the Opera CATS Lion King Kung fu fighting

Entertaining Kids Muppet Movie The Muppet Show Disney movie soundtracks Ghostbusters

Seasonal Themes Thriller Freddy's Nightmare Non Traditional Christmas songs/music Nutcracker soundtrack Ghostbusters Monster Mash
Back to top Go down
CrusaderPrime

CrusaderPrime

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:30 pm

The ramones, Queensryche, NIN, drowning pool. Themed music always works too( any hero movie stuff)
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:52 pm

I alway listen to soundtracks while working out. The Gurren Lagann OST is a personal favorite, never fails to fire me up. I also like to listen to a variety of orchestral scores or really whatever I'm in the mood for at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:36 pm

The soundtrack for "Rapi Nui" is for hard-core workouts
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:47 am

Mumford and Sons, and Simon and Garfunkle. Very Happy

Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:26 am

204 wrote:
Mumford and Sons, and Simon and Garfunkle. Very Happy

Mumford and Sons is awesome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:10 am

Ditto, lol. Smile

Also another one I forgot to mention is Evanescence. But yeah, Mumford and Sons is probably my favorite of the three. Smile

Back to top Go down
Instructor

Instructor

Category :
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon Feb 13, 2012 2:11 pm

This morning I put my cell phone on Pandora and jogged to my own Apocolyptica Radio Station.
Back to top Go down
Amazonia

Amazonia

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Sat May 05, 2012 1:25 pm

Anything from Joan Jett, Kiss, Queen, Eurithmics , Blondie and anything else that has a good beat to workout to.
Back to top Go down
C

C

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 7:51 am

I listen to very varied music. All from classic music to techno and in rare occasions even some heavy. But the absolute best workout music for me has been DJ Tiesto, Nyana CD2
Definitely the best workout music for me. Smile
Check it out.
Back to top Go down
toggle

toggle

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Mon May 07, 2012 9:12 am

I'm glad I'm not the only one who loves the Sherlock Holmes soundtrack. Playing it in the background got me through several months of forensics work.

Skillet - Monster
Fatboy Slim - Wonderful Night
Blackeyed Peas - Imma Be
Shakira - Rabiosa. or Loca
Moulin Rouge - Because We Can
Outkast - Bombs over Baghdad
Tatu - Not Gonna Get Us
Drowning Pool - Bodies
Guns and Roses - Welcome to the Jungle
White Zombie - Dragula
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2012 2:33 pm

In no particular order...but preferrably starting with the first 4:

Triumph - Fight the Good Fight
Survivor - Eye of the Tiger
Ozzy - Crazy Train
Arkona - Stenka Na Stenu

Arkona - Yarilo
Korpiklaani - Midsummer Night
Maiden - Brave New World
Maiden - The Nomad
Maiden - Blood Brothers
Maiden - Alexander the Great
Amon Amarth - The Hero
Amon Amarth - Gods of War Arise
Amon Amarth - Guardians of Asgard
Korpiklaani - Tapporauta

Weaknesses:

Sash! Feat. Sarah - The Secret
Sherrie Lea - No Ordinary Love (Kyau Vs. Albert Remix)
VNV Nation - Joy
Underworld - Cowgirl Techno.
DJ Scooby - Project Wall
Propellorheads - Pink Panther
Propellorheads - Crash!
Skrillex - First of the Year
Hollywood Undead - I Don't Wanna Die
Chemical Brothers (Prodigy Remix) - Rock the House
Beastie Boys - Intergalactic Planetary
C Cat Trance - Shake the Mind

...and that's just the tip of the iceberg. Wink

Cheers,

~HS. :>

Last edited by hiddensparrow on Wed May 09, 2012 2:40 pm; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : grammar edit.)
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2012 2:44 pm

I dunno, I have like a 100 song play list I listen to. but for working out, I listen to survivor, 3 doors down, blondie... all kinds of stuff. just anything thats rockin.
Back to top Go down
adamm[]

adamm[]

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Wed May 09, 2012 5:27 pm

i like dance and upbeatty hip hop like music, its gets me motivated.

The warrior song "I got the reach and the teeth of a killing machine with the need to bleed you when the light goes green" <-- pimp song.

and who cant pump iron to johhny 5's I need a hero!! but this doesnt play on the radio so i just listen to it when i work out at home.
Back to top Go down
hiddensparrow

hiddensparrow

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 12:06 pm

I have also decided to add: How to Destroy Angels - Is Your Love Strong Enough to my playlist. Cool

Cheers,

~HS. :>
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Thu May 10, 2012 2:08 pm

adamm[] wrote:
and who cant pump iron to johhny 5's I need a hero!! but this doesnt play on the radio so i just listen to it when i work out at home.

thats actually by bonnie tyler. and it plays almost every day on SiriusXM's big 80's on 8 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Enviroman

Enviroman

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Thu May 17, 2012 9:37 pm

I prefer epic orchestral most of the time. I created a nice Pandora station that I seeded with the Halo soundtrack(the video game), and it plays a nice variety of stuff like the skyrim soundtrack, sherlock holmes, batman begins/dark knight, and pirates of the Caribbean.
Back to top Go down
Nintyplayer

Category :
  • Hero Support
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1Fri May 18, 2012 7:33 am

I have a nice playlist of Reel Big Fish, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Skatellities, and The Specials.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Workout/Training music soundtrack!   Workout/Training music soundtrack! Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Workout/Training music soundtrack!
Page 1 of 1