Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men

Go down 
+8
Havoc
The Jinn
Midnite Detective
Blue Alpha
JohnDoe
Leviathan
Vulpo
E0N (Inactive)
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:03 pm

damn, look if this is a serial killer then i suggest heros don't get involved. if you aggravate the situation the killer may move or increase their pattern until all they do is kill. one solution is to find out what the homeless know. im sure they know more than the police
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:22 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:05 pm

sounds like they found his pattern. only problem is they didn't catch him before he created another victim.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:50 am

There was a reported assault in progress to which law enforcement responded. Bystanders chased off the attacker who was later found by police. Sounds like the only thing that happened was that he got sloppy.
Back to top Go down
JohnDoe

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:52 am

thanatos wrote:
he could be living in his car.

From what I've read it sounds like he was. Good call.
Back to top Go down
Red Falcon

Red Falcon

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:33 am

I read he was soldier mad from combat
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:35 am

Saw on the news last night-The suspect is an Iraq vet (a Marine, I believe). They say his dad is homeless, and the suspect even brought him a poster about the attacks to warn him.
Back to top Go down
The Selkie

The Selkie

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:49 am

Blue Alpha wrote:
Saw on the news last night-The suspect is an Iraq vet (a Marine, I believe). They say his dad is homeless, and the suspect even brought him a poster about the attacks to warn him.

He was a whacked out former Marine. The victims reminded him of his father, or something like that.
Back to top Go down
The Jinn

The Jinn

Category :
  • Crime Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:50 am

Shell shock. My uncle was never the same after he came back from Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:22 am

The Jinn wrote:
Shell shock. My uncle was never the same after he came back from Vietnam.
Heck, my great uncle was practically a saint, and he shot himself in the face after returning from Vietnam.
Back to top Go down
Blue Alpha

Blue Alpha

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 12:51 pm

Wake my Gramps to the sound of running water, and he thinks he's back on the sinking ship in Korea. PTSD and related conditions are a bitch. The trick her is finding the right combination of treatment and punishment. He needs to be held responsible to some degree, the amount depending on how messed up he is. And the families need clousure, but not vengance. I seriously hope to God I never end up on a jury in a case like this.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:22 pm

Blue Alpha wrote:
Wake my Gramps to the sound of running water, and he thinks he's back on the sinking ship in Korea. PTSD and related conditions are a bitch. The trick her is finding the right combination of treatment and punishment. He needs to be held responsible to some degree, the amount depending on how messed up he is. And the families need clousure, but not vengance. I seriously hope to God I never end up on a jury in a case like this.
I've always considered the idea that keeping somebody alive in that state is more of a punishment than killing them.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:51 pm

he should be held accountable but also receive help. unfortunately it is what it is, a sad situation where no one wins.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:09 pm

Personally I don't have much sympathy for people who are so jacked up by military service/deployments that they have to go on murder sprees, regardless of whether their parents have a nice photo of them in a dress uniform.

Not to seem insensitive or anything.
Back to top Go down
Havoc

Havoc

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:25 pm

E0N wrote:
Personally I don't have much sympathy for people who are so jacked up by military service/deployments that they have to go on murder sprees, regardless of whether their parents have a nice photo of them in a dress uniform.

Not to seem insensitive or anything.
Your input is always welcome
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:48 pm

I'm the sort of guy that would sympathize with anybody, except people who are guilty of murdering many people. If they relish in destruction, then I have no feelings for them.
Back to top Go down
patchwork

patchwork

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:52 pm

don't mess with ptsd.

if you see someone having an odd reaction to a noise or smell, and they seem to be panicking, the safest thing to do i to clear everyone from the area, give them space.

it sucks to see our vets coming home like this.
Back to top Go down
E0N (Inactive)

E0N (Inactive)

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2012 11:24 am

Double Helix wrote:
I'm the sort of guy that would sympathize with anybody, except people who are guilty of murdering many people. If they relish in destruction, then I have no feelings for them.

Yes, I agree with sympathizing or empathizing with everyone, I just don't feel this is some kind of excuse for murder. I've known lots of people with pretty serious war issues who didn't become serial killers who target homeless people.
Back to top Go down
Vulpo

Vulpo

Category :
  • Non-RLSH

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:37 pm

E0N wrote:
Double Helix wrote:

Yes, I agree with sympathizing or empathizing with everyone, I just don't feel this is some kind of excuse for murder. I've known lots of people with pretty serious war issues who didn't become serial killers who target homeless people.
You're very right about this. Serial killing veterans are a minority for a reason.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men   Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men - Page 2 Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Orange County serial killer targeting homeless men
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2