Real Life Superheroes - The Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Real Life Superheroes - The Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Superman's Workout Routine

Go down 
+2
Flora V. Arbor
the crimson fist
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Superman's Workout Routine Empty
PostSubject: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Wed Jun 06, 2012 10:38 pm

Does anyone here know what workout the Man of Steel incorporates in his superhero activities??? I think it'd be cool to be that strong.

Haha, just kidding. XD

I was on Wikipedia and looked up Christopher Reeve and it lists the workout he did that made him into one of the most (if not the most) iconic actor for the superhero we all know and love.

Here it is folks: [Quoted from Wikipedia]

"The training regimen consisted of running in the morning, followed by two hours of weightlifting and ninety minutes on the trampoline. In addition, Reeve doubled his food intake and adopted a high protein diet. He added thirty pounds (14 kg) of muscle to his thin 189 pound (86 kg) frame. He later made even higher gains for Superman III(1983), though for Superman IV: The Quest for Peace (1987) he decided it would be healthier to focus more on cardiovascular workouts."

I feel Chris Reeve pulled off wearing spandex wonderfully.

Being I'm going to be wearing spandex, I am definitely going to look into this routine more so I don't look like a pathetic nerd in tights....I'll be a BUFF nerd in tights! Mwhaha! XD
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:49 am

Trampoline workouts are great. Very effective cardio, while being low-impact on the joints. Not to mention they are fun.

I've been wanting to buy one myself, but never seem to have the spare cash around.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:29 am

Oh cool, I didn't know there were specific workouts for trampolines!

When I was ten I took Gymnastics for a few months and they had a trampoline but mainly all we did was some minor flips onto a crush pad.

Haha, one of my favorite activities there was the spring board; they had a long pad that you ran down then you jumped onto a ramp type thing that springs you into the air into a sort of padded pit they had. It felt like flying! XD
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:39 am

The key to the trampoline is that it requires the use of multiple muscle groups to jump and land while controlling your body placement.

It's not the best workout in the world if you're looking for muscle gain, but it is good for fitness, and a great addition to your program.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:03 pm

percussion is necessary for strong bones.

Tramopline is fun and fulfills your need for cardio

but it will not give you strong bones

or very much muscle
Back to top Go down
Urban Avenger

Urban Avenger

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:15 pm

cool. I'll stick to my bruce lee exercises though. nothing wrong with this.
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:22 pm

Who needs a trampoline when you can bounce across the tundra out on the land Jumping up and down the mountians
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:21 pm

I would totally do a trampoline workout if I was not currently over the weight limit. Someday though.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:18 am

Idea Man, have you seen the Tony Little glider thingy?
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:46 pm

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
Idea Man, have you seen the Tony Little glider thingy?

Yeah, I have seen it.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:34 pm

they aren't cheap tho, yes?
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:33 am

Flora V. Arbor wrote:
they aren't cheap tho, yes?

I couldn't tell you.
Back to top Go down
Flora V. Arbor

Flora V. Arbor

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sun Jun 10, 2012 12:51 am

hokay.

the answer is: "yes" they are not cheap but they are perfect for you.

You might try freecycle.

That sort of thing goes by on freecycle if you can go get it

or get some help to go get it
Back to top Go down
Polarman

Polarman

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2012 12:19 pm

Get an Electric Bycycle

Its 3 bikes in one

The Battery Powered Moped which runs like a motorcycle only without the engine and fuel so there is absolutly no noise at all (Great for stealth)

The Bycycle which is what it is just peddle it like crazy to keep going

Then in winter bring it inside put it down on a leather mat with the stand and use it as an excersise bike Remove the battery and keep it charged all winter by pluging it in or Just leave the battery inside the bike and spend the winter charging it up every time you ride it Flora Pm me your email and Ill send you a pic of my bike to post on here
Back to top Go down
Idea Man

Idea Man

Category :
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:35 pm

I have been considering joining a gym, so that I would have many different types of equipment to use.
Back to top Go down
ShadowLurker

Category :
  • Public Service
  • Hero Support

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:43 am

Hey! Me and my friend are training to become crime fighters. We will start our patrols in soon. By the way, does any one here know a good method of transportation?
Back to top Go down
the crimson fist

the crimson fist

Category :
  • Crime Fighter
  • Public Service

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1Sun Jul 22, 2012 3:00 pm

What distance are you looking to cover and how quickly are you wanting to cover it?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Superman's Workout Routine   Superman's Workout Routine Icon_minitime1

Back to top Go down

Superman's Workout Routine
Page 1 of 1